Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Kilteragh

Simple Minds moved to 22nd Feb 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

maximoose wrote: »
    Might reconsider closer to the time but for now I'd much rather have the cash in hand

Refunds: https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

First of the cancellations for me now.....happy there is a new date but annoyed a bit at it being a Tuesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »
    Bon Iver postponed to Tuesday 12 January 2021. From a Sunday of bank holiday in May to Tuesday in January. Get that its probably as part of new tour but not ideal for anyone coming up from outside Dublin. https://twitter.com/3ArenaDublin/status/1242817216799703040?s=19

Good to see things being reorganised. Not sure I'll be able to make many (or any) reorganised shows as I'd booked plenty of them on the basis that they were at weekends or Bank Holidays.

Ah well. Not a major issue in the grand scheme of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With the Hella mega tour being so big and marketed i can see that being pushed to 2021 with dates/venues being almost identical. It was scheduled the same time as the euros anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

3arean update to day 19th and not 29th of April

Website statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Eod100 wrote: »
    Bon Iver postponed to Tuesday 12 January 2021. From a Sunday of bank holiday in May to Tuesday in January. Get that its probably as part of new tour but not ideal for anyone coming up from outside Dublin.
    Yeah - has thankfully rescheduled London date from a Sunday to a Friday.

A Tuesday is a pain in the ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

PTH2009 wrote: »
    With the Hella mega tour being so big and marketed i can see that being pushed to 2021 with dates/venues being almost identical. It was scheduled the same time as the euros anyway

A lot of the shows are nearly or sold out so if they postpone/cancel them then they would have to refund every person and that would end up costing them millions so theyll just push it to 2021 every gig will be rescheduled that has a sizeable crowd there is really nothing to worry about in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the shows bar them rescheduling them on an awkward day. Gnr and mcr will be cancelled as well id say

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alarmcode

maximoose wrote: »
    Might reconsider closer to the time but for now I'd much rather have the cash in hand

Refunds: https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

I'm the same. Im not broke now, but could be if this goes on too long. Every extra quid in my pocket will stretch a long way with prudence.

and I feel there will be plenty available for the gig anyway in Jan when this is all over.

Refund requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Duffy98 wrote: »
    A lot of the shows are nearly or sold out so if they postpone/cancel them then they would have to refund every person and that would end up costing them millions so theyll just push it to 2021 every gig will be rescheduled that has a sizeable crowd there is really nothing to worry about in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the shows bar them rescheduling them on an awkward day. Gnr and mcr will be cancelled as well id say
    Why do you think Hella Mega will be postponed and MCR won’t?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Andre Rieu postponed to September 11 from April 17.

• Advertisement

DylanB85 wrote: »

Hellamega is a world wide tour, very easy to move to a year later, and financially makes sense to do so.

MCR, is a fair few festivals and is a lot indoor in the states. Wouldn’t surprise if MCR cancelled and came back around for an arena tour next year.

I never said that either gig would be cancelled? I said that for Green day that since its a stadium tour with most of the shows nearly or are sold out that it wouldnt be cancelled because financialy it wouldnt make sense and they would have to directly pay back every refunded ticket which would cost millions. I said that for MCR that could be pushed back a year as well and that any gig of a major size like a GnR or MCR would literally be pushed back/rescheduled, so they wouldnt lose out on money by having to cancel completley. All the gigs will be rescheduled cause they dont want to have to lose out on all that money

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I never said that either gig would be cancelled?

It's EXACTLY what you said.
    Gnr and mcr will be cancelled as well id say

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Penfailed wrote: »

Hahaha bang to rights

Penfailed wrote: »

I thought you were on about what i said in that first comment you quoted :p. Man you went all CSI there looking back at all my previous posts and fair enough I contradicted myself. To clarify I believe that nearly all the gigs will be rescheduled that have a sizeable crowd or are sold out due to the fact that they dont want to have to pay back every fan and they would lose out on millions so GNR could be pushed back a year due to the venue and same with MCR ( I have tickets to all three btw ). All RDS shows should be the same i can imagine sure were seeing 3arena shows being pushed back a year now

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hellamega is a world wide tour, very easy to move to a year later, and financially makes sense to do so.

MCR, is a fair few festivals and is a lot indoor in the states. Wouldn’t surprise if MCR cancelled and came back around for an arena tour next year.

MCR have 3 sold out nights at The Stadium MK along with another UK show too. There’s no way they cancel them. Too much money lost

MCR have 3 sold out nights at The Stadium MK along with another UK show too. There’s no way they cancel them. Too much money lost

Mightn’t have a choice with Mk especially. It could have to be rescheduled anyway depending on when the football season comes baxk
    MKdons have priority over all events

Which sucks as I’ve two of the gigs planned but of everything this summer, McR seems the most likely to not go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Corrosion of Conformity tour postponed till spring 2021, dates to be announced when possible.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Mightn’t have a choice with Mk especially. It could have to be rescheduled anyway depending on when the football season comes baxk
    MKdons have priority over all events

Which sucks as I’ve two of the gigs planned but of everything this summer, McR seems the most likely to not go ahead

You can actually buy tickets for it again so looks like people are refunding them already. They could easily push that back a year. They will have to refund every ticket and lose out so id say itll literally be pushed back to same date same venue 2021 or even a better day than a Tuesday. Acts are also seeing how this plays out as well so id say by April-May we will have a better idea of whats going to happen

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Download and Isle of Wight festivals have been cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You can actually buy tickets for it again so looks like people are refunding them already. They could easily push that back a year. They will have to refund every ticket and lose out so id say itll literally be pushed back to same date same venue 2021 or even a better day than a Tuesday. Acts are also seeing how this plays out as well so id say by April-May we will have a better idea of whats going to happen

Those gigs never sold out .
    They just held back tickets to create hype and push Platinum tickets.

From looking at twitter Ticketmaster UK and US are refusing to give people refunds for alot of postponed events saying that the promoter is not allowing it.
    This is a breach of their terms and conditions.
    I'm not sure what Ticketmaster Ireland are doing .
    Scurrilous behaviour .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Those gigs never sold out .
    They just held back tickets to create hype and push Platinum tickets.

From looking at twitter Ticketmaster UK and US are refusing to give people refunds for alot of postponed events saying that the promoter is not allowing it.
    This is a breach of their terms and conditions.
    I'm not sure what Ticketmaster Ireland are doing .
    Scurrilous behaviour .

Yep that's illegal. If they refuse to play ball, you could raise a visa chargeback request (or similar). The only leverage that a promoter could use is that until the original date has actually passed the gig could still technically occur given that the day hasn't passed. It's shady and daft given that gigs won't happen. Once the date has passed, they haven't a leg to stand on.

I've requested two refunds so far and gotten both of them.

WWE UK takeover Dublin in the 3arena has been moved to Sunday 25th October from 26th April

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Yep that's illegal. If they refuse to play ball, you could raise a visa chargeback request (or similar). The only leverage that a promoter could use is that until the original date has actually passed the gig could still technically occur given that the day hasn't passed. It's shady and daft given that gigs won't happen. Once the date has passed, they haven't a leg to stand on.

I've requested two refunds so far and gotten both of them.

How many days was it for you to receive the funds back since the day you requested it?

How many days was it for you to receive the funds back since the day you requested it?

Five working days. Monday request. Refund hit account following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Five working days. Monday request. Refund hit account following Monday.

Nice one Marc, I presume ticketmaster give u the heads up beforehand.

Raging that Bon Iver was rescheduled for a poxy Tuesday in January. WOuld prefer the funds back and decide closer to the time if i could make it.

I'd say a few bands have been stung regarding tour merch

I imagine stuff would be printed etc well in advance.

Nice one Marc, I presume ticketmaster give u the heads up beforehand.

Raging that Bon Iver was rescheduled for a poxy Tuesday in January. WOuld prefer the funds back and decide closer to the time if i could make it.

For where I requested it, yeah they got back to me within a few hours but you have to contact them first through their contact form.

[url] https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new[/url]

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'd say a few bands have been stung regarding tour merch

I imagine stuff would be printed etc well in advance.

The big ones are clever and just keep it very generic like the name of the venue and the year with the logo or just the name of the tour and the logo. Id say for Lithographs and Posters theyll just change the date and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Man you went all CSI there looking back at all my previous posts and fair enough I contradicted myself.

Ah...no. I looked at one post where you stated one thing and I'd only just read your previous post where you stated the opposite. No CSI involved.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement