Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Dave McCann on.

Three Inst lads...

<Dabs tear from corner of eye>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭launish116

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Get McCann and Johnston on

McCanns on and looking eager, very mobile.

Bring Roberts on now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Another very good performance from Moore

This weeks plan keep practicing the line out

G'wan Bradley Roberts!!

• Advertisement

G'wan Bradley Roberts!!

Nice welcome there for him.

God Murphy...

How are he and Andrew on? What position is he playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

I still think fewer games should be played during international windows. It makes the Pro14 less appealing as a product

How are he and Andrew on? What position is he playing?

Coetzee off? Roberts is hooking in scrum, great turnover for him. Andrew back row.

Yyyeeeooooo Bradley!

• Advertisement

Yyyeeeooooo Bradley!

He’s a right wee barrel. Shame we didn’t see more off him.

God wanted him to score there.

50 minutes - oh come on... We've lost this. We've going to lose!

80 minutes - Ulster 7 tries, Edinburgh 2.

Oh, the life of an Ulster fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I still think fewer games should be played during international windows. It makes the Pro14 less appealing as a product
    30 potential weekends of provincial weekends and 8/9 international weekends. has to be a few and it allows squad players play.
    all the leagues have games on some international weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Another very good performance from Moore

Wasn't it, the guy looks the real deal. He is deceptively powerful on the crash ball. I keep saying it but I think he is going to go far.

I thought that was a pretty good match tonight. I know we won by a lot in the end, but the game was in the balance with 20 mins left.

It was a far better watch than any of the international rugby I've watched over the last few weeks!

bilston wrote: »
    I thought that was a pretty good match tonight. I know we won by a lot in the end, but the game was in the balance with 20 mins left.

It was a far better watch than any of the international rugby I've watched over the last few weeks!

100%

Any word at all on Rab?

Any word at all on Rab?

Back spasm

The phony war is now over lads...

Toulouse (h)
    Gloucester (a)
    Connacht (a)
    Munster (h)
    Leinster (a)
    Gloucester (h)
    Toulouse (a)

Six big matches and the Annual 'A' game in Dublin should tell us a lot more about this squad.

4-5 wins is par, 6/7 wins would be an excellent return. Less than 4 would be disappointing. It would be nice to get to at least one of the home matches!

Toulouse (h)
    Gloucester (a)
    Connacht (a)
    Munster (h)
    Leinster (a)
    Gloucester (h)
    Toulouse (a)

Six big matches and the Annual 'A' game in Dublin should tell us a lot more about this squad.

4-5 wins is par, 6/7 wins would be an excellent return. Less than 4 would be disappointing. It would be nice to get to at least one of the home matches!

Europe. If we start to slide in the ProWhatever I'll thole that, as long as we get 3/4 in Europe.

Whereas a lot of other teams are missing most players to international duty, we're missing more to injury. We're not getting McGrath, Addison, Baloucoune, Marshall, etc back after the international window. Dunno what the story with O'Toole is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Jaysus, John Andrew flying down the wing before making a lovely pass, what’s going on? And Cooney leaving defenders in his wake - a welcome sight for any fan of Irish rugby after what we’ve suffered of late.

When a maul breaks up like that for Andrew’s first try and he isn’t in contact with the players ahead of him, what’s the offside/obstruction rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ardillaun wrote: »

When a maul breaks up like that for Andrew’s first try and he isn’t in contact with the players ahead of him, what’s the offside/obstruction rule?

I think they broke off to the side and not directly in front so it's fine as they made no attempt to engage an Embra player either. And there was an Embra player striaght in the side at the time too IIRC.

Slightly gutted now, we mighten see the youngs ones to Leinster or the new year now.

Provincials also have two 6 day turnarounds in the middle.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I think they broke off to the side and not directly in front so it's fine as they made no attempt to engage an Embra player either. And there was an Embra player striaght in the side at the time too IIRC.

I think this is the move we practised against Zebre -the maul parts and the carrier lunges straight up the middle. It was Coetzee against the Italians.

It'd be an easy move to get wrong, and pretty costly if you're motoring toward the line and give away a penalty for obstruction. I suspect they're practising it as a bit of a secret weapon. Might be the new choke tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Turning point was definitely the Edinburgh disallowed try. It was almost like someone flicked a switch and momentum went from Edinburgh to Ulster. I'd say Cockerill will be livid at his players reaction.

It was a mad sequence of events too. Ulster actually defended the penalty ricochet really well. It was just a horrible bounce but Cooney reacted excellently and would have been first to the ball if the Edi player had been onside from the kick. They had 4 players behind the goals and 2 players watching the posts which they actively did. But definitely a little lesson here and they might deploy some players in the wider channels where the ball ended up (even though I don't think we will see a situation like this for years)

Poor ol Jordi had an absolute night to forget. Shocking handling on display.

Sexton was visibly nervous. One poor handling error, one on coming crossfield he really should have taken and one incoming he just didn't put a name on. He had a lovely strong carry at one stage. I nearly feel Ulster should have just released him early. There were 2 examples I can think of where they tried to either draw and give or just took contact themselves. If they just pivoted to Sexton I feel that his pace would have gotten serious rewards. If nothing else it would have been a good settler for him and his confidence.

It just warmed my heart to see the reaction from the entire team when Bradley got his lovely poach. Such encouragement and surely a moment he will never forget

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Jaysus, John Andrew flying down the wing before making a lovely pass, what’s going on? And Cooney leaving defenders in his wake - a welcome sight for any fan of Irish rugby after what we’ve suffered of late.

I thought the only thing irish players were good at was being crash dummies for England!

Toulouse (h)
    Gloucester (a)
    Connacht (a)
    Munster (h)
    Leinster (a)
    Gloucester (h)
    Toulouse (a)

5 wins from that would be a pretty good return.

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    5 wins from that would be a pretty good return.

Wouldn't expect to win Toulouse (A) or Leinster (A).

Would expect to win the rest depending on injuries (we are getting a bit threadbare in the backs) and provided we actually target them - might be a weakened team sent to Connacht.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't expect to win Toulouse (A) or Leinster (A).

Would expect to win the rest depending on injuries (we are getting a bit threadbare in the backs) and provided we actually target them - might be a weakened team sent to Connacht.

Yeah those are two where a loss isn’t terrible and if anything achieving a point or two would be a great return.

Advertisement