Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I bought an Arnie reissue on release and it’s now my grab & go watch , all the quartz benefits , brilliant lume and more interesting than a G-SHOCK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

scwazrh wrote: »
    I bought an Arnie reissue on release and it’s now my grab & go watch , all the quartz benefits , brilliant lume and more interesting than a G-SHOCK.

I agree, its more interesting than a G shock, and a true beater. Anyone interested I got one new 330 on chrono from a dealer in the Netherlands, very fast delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I agree, its more interesting than a G shock, and a true beater. Anyone interested I got one new 330 on chrono from a dealer in the Netherlands, very fast delivery.

Ahh balls, there was me thinking I got a decent deal with zero customs risk...
    And pop, ya bust my bubble!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

unkel wrote: »
    Was in Weir's today, went onto the waiting list for a non-date sub. They had no Rolex of interest in the shop, but tried on a blue 36mm (DJ) for size and indeed it was way too small. Also noted on my form that if they get in a YM40 or Z-Blue Milgauss, that I can come in to have a try of it. Not much hope of any of that happening any time soon though :D

Walked past Dawson's too, but they were still closed.

What bezel and bracelet did it have? Any other 36m DJ there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

banie01 wrote: »
    Ahh balls, there was me thinking I got a decent deal with zero customs risk...
    And pop, ya bust my bubble!

20 euro aint the end of the world, some people chargins over 400 for them new....highstreet is around 500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Anyone interested I got one new 330 on chrono from a dealer in the Netherlands, very fast delivery.

Got mine for similar money through Chrono24 from Netherlands as well, might be same guy . I also bought a save the ocean turtle and Padi samurai from him for €680 inc delivery which was as good a price I could find.

It’s worthwhile chancing the “suggest a price “ on chrono even for cheaper stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 64,789 ✭✭✭✭unkel

What bezel and bracelet did it have? Any other 36m DJ there?

Fluted bezel, jubilee bracelet. I don't like either :D

I'd say they probably have more of them alright. Plenty of lady Rolex watches too.

20 euro aint the end of the world, some people chargins over 400 for them new....highstreet is around 500.

TBH I'm not too bothered at all, I was very happy with the price.
    I maybe got a little excite and didn't look around as well as I should have for it.
    Went to Watch Recon and jumped on what looked good.
    scwazrh wrote: »
    Got mine for similar money through Chrono24 from Netherlands as well, might be same guy.

I must take a look and see if I can find him.
    My usual would be get a mate living in the Canaries to get me a deal via there but jewelers there aren't open until phase 3.

God be with the days I'd do a deal in a jewellers here for something(not watch related back then) and then claim back the VAT as I left.
    One of the big perks of being based outside the EU ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ah lads, now I'm trawling the net for an Arnie...

Have seen a few decent prices.

Birneybau wrote: »

A fair few European stores have them for €355. They bottomed out at around €349 and are creeping back up. I'd use that as a starting point.

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »

Incoming, €364 brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,789 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Feck, I must resist. Bought 2 watches this week already.

Should I be pissed that mine was 2nd hand for in and around the same money :pac:

Seriously tho, I'm happy with the buy and will take a punt on the make an offer on Chrono24 in future ;)

Should I be pissed that mine was 2nd hand for in and around the same money :pac:

Seriously tho, I'm happy with the buy and will take a punt on the make an offer on Chrono24 in future ;)

There are loads on Chrono24, my first time buying anything on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭893bet

All these new nice watches springing around here has my palms sweaty that I ain’t had anything new in an age!!

The Mrs was talking to some one in work yesterday about my current watch phase.
    Anyway, this fecker proceeds to tell her Chrono24's collection feature and she spent the morning digging out the watches and listing prices...
    That nameless bástard has cost me a bloody carté blanche for her upcoming birthday!
    Prick!

She's not buying my Chrono24 prices are 20% on the high side either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

My Nomos is feeling poorly. What’s the best courier to get it back to Germany?

Lolled hard at asking price

https://www.adverts.ie/20659166

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

893bet wrote: »
    Lolled hard at asking price

https://www.adverts.ie/20659166

That’s a good 4/5k too high surely

Cyrus wrote: »
    That’s a good 4/5k too high surely

I am pretty sure it’s a grand or more above RRP.

I would think it’s 4-5k over priced also but maybe we are wrong?

Was this released last year as Basel so maybe people are looking for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Sorry it’s a sea dweller not a gmt

Maybe it’s not as overpriced as I thought although wouldn’t be for me

Omega announced this yesterday, DE VILLE TOURBILLON MASTER CHRONOMETER

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/watches/de-ville/tourbillon/the-master-chronometer-edition/product

Fitzy is taking a “break” from boards.....he is deep in stage 6 but sends his regards!

He will be back better than ever before too long!

893bet wrote: »
    Fitzy is taking a “break” from boards.....he is deep in stage 6 but sends his regards!

He will be back better than ever before too long!

Hope he's alright! Did Mrs Fitzy find the hulk? And turn into 1 :pac:

Quick question that might be more suited to the Seiko modders?
    But! As it's not Seiko I'm gonna ask here :P

Have a bezel that I'm knocking around with and experimenting on.
    It has an engraved triangle as it's index, that is filled with no longer luminescent white paint.

I have lume, and I am assuming that to refill this in a way that still actually shines?

It's a matter of digging out the old paint and then mixing lume with either an enamel or oil based paint to get a hard wearing repair?

He is grand, has a trio of Rolex to keep him company!

Not entirely his choice the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Quick question that might be more suited to the Seiko modders?
    But! As it's not Seiko I'm gonna ask here :P

Have a bezel that I'm knocking around with and experimenting on.
    It has an engraved triangle as it's index, that is filled with no longer luminescent white paint.

I have lume, and I am assuming that to refill this in a way that still actually shines?

It's a matter of digging out the old paint and then mixing lume with either an enamel or oil based paint to get a hard wearing repair?

I’m not sure how good a finish you’ll get with luminescent paint. Is it ceramic or metal? The best solution I’ve found to paint filling engraved text is a fine artist brush and enamel paint (humbrol type model paint). Apply liberally and when it’s slightly gone off skim over it with a very small amount of nail varnish remover on a cotton pad to get a clean edge. You could try lume paint first then repeat with clear coat to maintain the gloss I guess.

david wrote: »
    I’m not sure how good a finish you’ll get with luminescent paint. Is it ceramic or metal? The best solution I’ve found to paint filling engraved text is a fine artist brush and enamel paint (humbrol type model paint). Apply liberally and when it’s slightly gone off skim over it with a very small amount of nail varnish remover on a cotton pad to get a clean edge. You could try lume paint first then repeat with clear coat to maintain the gloss I guess.

My thinking at the moment is to mix humbrol or tamiya with the lume and see how it turns out.
    Was hoping that someone had already done similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I was going to suggest similar - the lume then clear varnish on top to seal it in after the lume coating dries... but no personal experience of doing this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I doubt they’ll mix well unfortunately, different compounds. Try it in stages may be the best option

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've done a fair number of hands and dials with new lume B. Pretty easy if fiddly. They're nearly all water based acrylic as far as the medium is concerned. Just use acrylic varnish and Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt. Maybe give it a day between coats if you're concerned. If you can source some original Seiko lume that's the best of all I've seen and by some margin. I've yet to see non radioactive lume that lasted longer and brighter than Seiko's mix from any manufacturer.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement