Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Neither of those bother me. In fact I nearly bought a 1085 myself but I felt the sausage dial was too much of a compromise. But hey, I'm no purist. I could very well one day buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I tried this on a few weeks ago .It’s the first watch in a long time that made me say wow.Even my wife commented that my eyes lit up for it .She’s of the opinion that my recent purchases have been for the sake of it as opposed to loving the watch and she might be on to something..

Any way- blue sunburst dial , Sandwich dial , date , steel bracelet , small seconds , 44mm , proper crown guard . what’s not to love ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That's a beautiful one Schwarz. That and the 1313 are 2 of the most eye-catching in their current lineup. The bracelet would swing it for me tho 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yep had the 1313 for a while beautiful watches , never tried a panerai on a bracelet how does it wear ?

The bracelet wears well , substantial and a bit of weight to it as you would expect .It really dresses the watch up compared to the straps .Theres no quick adjustment on it though which at €9k I would of expected and the fact that its a new release bracelet you would think they would have included it.

My 1084 has the luminor case with the slab sides vs the 1316 having the 1950s style case which is much nicer. After handling it I could really see how entry level a model mine is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Gorgeous watch. I had the same model in in Orlando back in March and really liked it. Don't know if it's the camera or a different face colour but it looked a lot brighter. Can't see it on their website so maybe just the camera exposure but a lovely watch.

Yes the micro adjustment issue has put me off panerai bracelets in the past, no excuse in this day and age.

I couldn't live without micro adjustments. In warm humid weather like this my wrist is at least half an inch bigger than in cold weather and the variance within the day is quite big too.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Any way of deleting an ad on adverts? Thanks

Thanks

• Advertisement

Agree with you on the micro adjustments.I found that I wasn’t wearing my Tudor gmt or chrono as much as I want to because of the lack of adjustment . I found a lad on Instagram that is making 3rd party easi link style adjustment for Tudor bracelets .It works the same way as the Rolex date just 5mm extension and is exactly the same finish as Tudor strap even under a loupe.Makes the watch much more wearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

I picked up a Seiko spb149 for a summer watch from chrono24..watch is in perfect condition but running about a minute slow per day. I'm away at the moment but I think it's under 2 years old and possibly still under warranty with Seiko. The buyer is happy for us to get it checked by Seiko. He's in Sweden so it be slow posting back etc.. how could I get to Seiko Ireland? to check it out?

Thanks,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Did you ever get the watch DEV? Had seen them a few days before you Roy but the prices nearly seem to good to be true.

The few reviews on trustpilot at last month were good but the latest certainly aren't favourable. Wouldn't mind the long wait at the prices if they fulfil them but a lot of reviews say orders have been cancelled.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/scubo.nl

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Dev1234

Haven't gotten it yet Ryath and I requested a refund this morning. I'm thinking the site is a complete fraud. The positive trustpilot reviews are from recent accounts with a couple of positive reviews all on the same day. Their chat function on the website went down today. If you go to the Dutch trustpilot reviews it looks like the same guy set up a different diving website and scammed people a while ago. That was enough for me. I rang my credit card provider who said I'll have to wait until the end of next week, my expected delivery date, before they can do anything but if the website doesn't refund me they said Mastercard would get involved.

The Mrs and I were in with the oncology and surgery teams yesterday. In terms of cancer and bad news? We actually pretty much had the best prognosis possible. We've gone from expecting 6-9 months of chemo and then surgery. To immediate surgery, with sentinel nodes taken. If the nodes are clear, there is a chance that no chemo at all may be needed and that a course of post surgery radiation may be all the additional treatment needed

Now granted that is a best case scenario, but it is a huge turnaround for the good compared to the state of play on the 27th June.

The oncology and breast team in UHL worked to coordinate the meeting with the Medical oncologist for his prognosis and explanation of why pre-op chemo was unnecessary, to an immediate handover to the surgeon who went through the operation and the prognosis for that treatment.

For all the flak our health services catch (often deservedly) the experience in UHL today and the care and attention shown by every single staff member went a long way towards making the day, diagnosis and prognosis bearable and very beatable.

There's still some tough days ahead but? They are looking a lot easier now than they did just 2 weeks ago.

fingers cross for no chemo !good luck to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Indeed, @banie01 best of luck to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Good luck to both of you👍️

Excellent news banie01, exact same as my sister. Operation, radiation, but no chemo. Has to take Tamoxifen for up to 5 years now which affects here sleep, but the prognosis is very good. The operation took more out of here than she expected, but she's always had a tendency to do more than she can handle. She's over here visiting me now and looks the same as before, gets tired a bit quicker is all.

Can you send any Seiko under warranty here?

Cheers,

Mick

P.s. great news banie.. it's a uncomfortable journey but hopefully by Christmas ye have it behind ye

• Advertisement

good luck Banie and Mrs Banie!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Brilliant to hear, I mentioned it to the family here one night and we're all rooting for you. Good luck! And sometimes you're recommended chemo afterwards, its hard but it's better than cancer! Best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hey, anyone interested in a Helm Vanuatu Titanium? I joined a waiting list about 2 years ago and was just told it's available soon. Amazing watch, but I'm divered out atm. If anyone wants my space in the queue, let me know.

https://helmwatches.com/vanuatu-titanium.html

The r/watchmaking forum is awfully quiet. I've ordered the parts I posted in the above, the only thing I'm still unsure of is the GMT hand. I am really considering sourcing a Sinn U2 style hand as it kind of complements the shape of the Hr & min hands.

The parts will likely take weeks to get here and in the interim? I really am considering buying another U2 as there are a few on offer at the 2k mark and there is likely deals to be made. looking at one in Norway that is described as "almost new" ;) but it has a lot of dings and dents primarily due to it actually being used as a tool watch. if I can knock €250 off it makes it worth buying a new bezel or even swapping over one of my spares. I must find out if Sinn refinsh their cases during service?(if anyone knows here?) it could be decent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Sinn give you the choice of case refurbishing or not. As far as I can tell they substituted out the case for a new one as opposed to refinishing the old. Same as Stowa. The prices when I serviced a 104 in late 2020 were accurate per this list. https://www.sinn.de/en/Download/Sinn_ServicePriceList_170828.pdf

At the time mine had to go to one of their contractors TWR in the Uk, may have changed post brexit. I was very happy with the service and turnaround time. These guys do omega and most of the swatch stuff too.

I should note this was a warranty claim. Dial off centre and date change issue. Day and date got stuck halfway at midnight albeit corrected itself at 5.30am. Super annoying when you’re up for work at 5am.

I opted to pay for the case refurb while it was in there.

Thanks a million for that! That pricelist is both very handy and really bloody reasonable considering what Omega & Rolex et al, charge!

Could be multiples of this now and they haven’t pulled the pdf. They are great on email - worth asking the question.

Get a price off TWR direct also - may be cheaper and they are certified for all the Sinn patent technologies with access to all the parts etc. Should be VAT free and pay 23% on re-entry to Ireland

• Advertisement

For my sin... I have agreed a price on another Sinn! A U2 SDR inbound from Norway. Looking forward to having a good one as my old beater has blue copper sulphate capsule and some other issues that would cost quite a bit to put right at this stage.

I see Jaeger le coutre are denying any knowledge of its being one of "theirs". Is this a matter of Andreas Huber doing similar to other jewellers and dept stores of the time, in that they buy in JLC, Rolex and others and then redial and customise? As in JLC made the watch, and Huber customised and sold? Or in this case presented?

Advertisement