Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before Irish reunification?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭downcow

downcow wrote: »
    This might work for you.
    I was in this Chinese takeaway two hours earlier and missed the welcoming party
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2525445437584908&id=100003584291049&sfnsn=scwspwa&d=w&vh=i&extid=Oc19tZZgWm9QHjvC

And don’t let it be lost on you. These young people are singing about an organisation that ethnically cleansed the town they are in. shooting, bombing, torturing and murdering on purely sectarian grounds. The Local Protestant community took it it all and never retaliated once. 300+ Ira incidents (3 incidents by loyalists from outside the area), parades banned, memorials attacked etc etc. Very recently 94yearold prod had his windows smashed because he is a prod and had the audacity not to get out.
    Nice people

Ps. That video was from last night

Nothing wrong with a Protestant being involved in the GAA so long as they know and respect the association and what it stands for. Loyalists should be banned though, without question.

Nothing wrong with a Protestant being involved in the GAA so long as they know and respect the association and what it stands for. Loyalists should be banned though, without question.

Would you ban the young boys in the video. I’d be fairly sure every last one of them is in the gaa. But sure get the loyalists out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Ulster Says No. It will never happen

Why? They wouldn’t want to join in first place .

Granadino wrote: »
    Why? They wouldn’t want to join in first place .

Then what’s the problem?

• Advertisement

...and just what exactly are you classing as loyalists Because I see myself as one and I am interested that you would ban me from the gaa

When I played Gaelic football I didn’t know nor did I think about what the GAA stood for. I just wanted a game of ball.

Would you ban the young boys in the video. I’d be fairly sure every last one of them is in the gaa. But sure get the loyalists out of it!

You may link this video. Went back 3 pages, not going back any more.

...and just what exactly are you classing as loyalists Because I see myself as one and I am interested that you would ban me from the gaa

100% yes. You can go play rugby. You have no business having anything to do with the GAA only to act as poison in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

And don’t let it be lost on you. These young people are singing about an organisation that ethnically cleansed the town they are in. shooting, bombing, torturing and murdering on purely sectarian grounds. The Local Protestant community took it it all and never retaliated once. 300+ Ira incidents (3 incidents by loyalists from outside the area), parades banned, memorials attacked etc etc. Very recently 94yearold prod had his windows smashed because he is a prod and had the audacity not to get out.
    Nice people

Ps. That video was from last night

The behaviour in that video is to be condemned. Totally wrong and out of order. NO EXCUSES for it. If it is orchestrated by either the GAA or SF then they need to answer for it.

Can you at last maybe see how the behaviour around marching might be similarly offensive?

• Advertisement

The GAA is mentioned where?

Though ****ing lol at the irony of a loyalist getting their knickers in a bunch about intolerance of foreigners. Your whole society is basically built on that these days.

Only Loyalists ?
    What about British people? Should they be banned from GAA?

bubblypop wrote: »
    Only Loyalists ?
    What about British people? Should they be banned from GAA?

Yes. Every one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

How would you plan to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak?

15-20 years
    Given.the elderly age profile of the unionist population,will a severe outbreak of the coronavirus hasten a utd ireland??

(There is no politer way to post that qs,sorry!)

Yes. Every one of them.

You’re trolling now you clown. What about lads who might want to play for Lancashire or Warickshire or London?

Yes. Every one of them.

Bad news for you so! .
    Many British people already play GAA games, worldwide
    What do you think should happen now?

Granadino wrote: »
    You’re trolling now you clown. What about lads who might want to play for Lancashire or Warickshire or London?

When somebody defines themselves as 'Loyalist' I take it to mean the following:

The term 'loyalist' is now usually used to describe working class unionists who are willing to use, or tacitly support, paramilitary violence to defend the Union with Britain. Loyalists are also described as being loyal primarily to the Protestant British monarchy rather than to the British government and institutions.

Bad news for you so! .
    Many British people already play GAA games, worldwide
    What do you think should happen now?

Why would you have an issues with a British person playing GAA?

• Advertisement

Why would you have an issues with a British person playing GAA?

I don't.
    Reg does

When somebody defines themselves as 'Loyalist' I take it to mean the following:

The term 'loyalist' is now usually used to describe working class unionists who are willing to use, or tacitly support, paramilitary violence to defend the Union with Britain. Loyalists are also described as being loyal primarily to the Protestant British monarchy rather than to the British government and institutions.

Very strange definition. Where did you get this. The dandy

I don't.
    Reg does

He doesn't...he has issues with Loyalists. That's my reading of it.

Very strange definition. Where did you get this. The dandy

Correct it. If it's wrong.

He doesn't...he has issues with Loyalists. That's my reading of it.

He has an issue with loyalists playing GAA.
    he also has a problem with British people playing GAA

Correct it. If it's wrong.

Oh my goodness Francie. Just answer a question. Just once!

Oh my goodness Francie. Just answer a question. Just once!

I took it from the Wicki definition.

Correct it, if it is wrong.

Here is another online definition from a 'loyalist' site:
    Ulster loyalism is a political ideology found primarily among Ulster Protestants in Northern Ireland (and to a lesser extent Scotland) who maintain a strong desire to remain part of the United Kingdom. Many Ulster Protestants are descendants of settlers from Great Britain in the 17th and 18th centuries. Like most unionists, loyalists are attached to the British monarchy, support the continued existence of Northern Ireland, and oppose a united Ireland. Ulster loyalism has been described as a kind of ethnic nationalism and "a variation of British nationalism".[1][2] It is strongly associated with paramilitarism.

Cain defines it as:
    Strictly the term Loyalist refers to one who is loyal to the British Crown. The term in Northern Ireland context is used by many commentators to imply that the person gives tacit or actual support the use of force by paramilitary groups to 'defend the union' with Britain.

I took it from the Wicki definition.

Correct it, if it is wrong.

Here is another online definition from a 'loyalist' site:

Cain defines it as:
    an improvement.
    I never met anyone during the troubles who did not give tacid support to some violence so I don’t know why they mention it.

an improvement.
    I never met anyone during the troubles who did not give tacid support to some violence so I don’t know why they mention it.

You did yourself, in terms of the future, earlier.

So the cap fits.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

10-15 years
    Did... did he just say that?

How does one ‘spot a Protestant about the place’ exactly?

I’m getting headaches from the eye rolling DC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement