Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia e-Soul

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Just an update on the native nav address situation, it was user error! It actually splits the address out into town, street and house number and starts you in town, so I just started typing and of course was actually only getting towns. If you click into street first it has the full Irish dB. All a little Heath Robinson but it does work.

Re the live traffic, that is great news. There is actually a Kia app to establish a hotspot, must give that a try to see if it will automate the hotspot startup when you get in the car.

Finally, a pic, the car charging today down at Clontarf dart station...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Well wear! Looking Sharp, hopefully getting mine tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I'm also about to jump on the e-soul bandwagon. Just waiting for the finance approval.
    Some people's wishes of a few used cars in a couple of years might be coming to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Just an update on the native nav address situation, it was user error! It actually splits the address out into town, street and house number and starts you in town, so I just started typing and of course was actually only getting towns. If you click into street first it has the full Irish dB. All a little Heath Robinson but it does work.

Re the live traffic, that is great news. There is actually a Kia app to establish a hotspot, must give that a try to see if it will automate the hotspot startup when you get in the car.

Finally, a pic, the car charging today down at Clontarf dart station...

Thats looks very very nice. Love the colour. Looks great. Well wear. Hope you get many miles of exciting, reliable motoring in your your cool new car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Picked it yesterday, Murphy's Law the sales guy missed getting it on to the (only!) charger they have that morning so it was at about 200 km. Not the end of the world, I do very little mileage. In better news, it did come with a granny! Ordered a multi-mode Wall Pod from the UK (as I also wanted a 3-pin socket out the front for maintenance/Xmas lights etc) - https://evonestop.co.uk/collections/home-charging-range/products/wallpod-ev-multi-mode-type-2-tethered-cable-5m?variant=40494204932

Also ordered the two safety options, not really sure I needed those tbh (the DC monitoring thing and the earth module).

Had a bit of a run around today, I love it! Such a lovely drive, so smooth. The smart cruise control is gas, you can basically drive in stop/start traffic by just clicking the button to restart, no need to accelerate or brake. The screen is amazing, Android Auto set up no problem. One thing that is bugging me is that the built in nav doesn't seem to have the Irish address database - it doesn't have any detailed addresses at all (though it knew, say, Marino). It also doesn't seem to take a start nav address via voice. Nor does it seem to have live traffic for Ireland (though I'm not sure it can even access the internet via a connected phone, it seems to only offer a wifi connection). All of that wouldn't normally bother me as I've never seen a built in nav that can better Android Auto but the one thing you miss out on using AA (or CarPlay) is getting the next directions in the HUD, which is pretty cool :)

Have it on the granny at the moment, I was down to about 160 when I plugged it in earlier and it was saying approx 24hrs to full, which is fair enough.

How long did the grant approval take? I’m waiting more than two weeks now for mine...

• Advertisement

Finance approved, I'm also now just waiting on the grant application.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Finance approved, I'm also now just waiting on the grant application.

Supercool!
    What colour did you pick?

Blue.
    kia-e-soul-my19-GLS-trim-line.png

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well wear, similar to i3 the looks of these are slowly growing on me :o What's the price on the road everyone's getting?

Are these working out a bit cheaper than the Niro?

Can’t wait to get mine! I’ve a feeling it’s going to be Wednesday :) (I believe the Force is with me)

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well wear, similar to i3 the looks of these are slowly growing on me :o What's the price on the road everyone's getting?

Are these working out a bit cheaper than the Niro?

Slightly cheaper. E-Niro is a bigger car even though it does not look like when you have them side by side

Niros a bit longer, definitely a bigger boot but the inside of the soul is a nicer place to be.
    Sat in a niro with my dad, his first words were "ugh, plasticky"
    Sat in the soul, no comment from the grumpy bollocks.
    Soul is 2k cheaper than the niro.
    OTR it's 38,745-40k depending on which dealer, so don't be afraid to ring around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

peposhi wrote: »
    How long did the grant approval take? I’m waiting more than two weeks now for mine...

Well it was within the week, I submitted it on Monday and got the approval in the post on Thursday I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The since deleted Fine Gael twitter video about Fianna Fails "lack of ideas" had an eSoul pass by while it was being filmed.

Well it was within the week, I submitted it on Monday and got the approval in the post on Thursday I think it was.

Hmm... I wonder why mine takes longer than that... would it be because of some January surge of EV purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Here are two shots of my soul. Notice the length and size in relation to outlander. Decievingly big car!

deegs wrote: »
    Here are two shots of my soul. Notice the length and size in relation to outlander. Decievingly big car!

The e-soul looks seriously angry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mikethehacker

I have my 64kwh Soul since August, so far so good, does anyone have any update on when we will get the UVo Connect app?

Aye, was going to come on and ask what apps will I need? Does Kia even have an App? how good is it etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mikethehacker

There is a UVO app for the Kia E Soul which is available in a number of European countries and the States, Kia say on their website that it will be available in Ireland from January 2020 but no word yet

• Advertisement

The dealer said today ours is at stage 3 of grant approval, whatever that means...

Found this:
    https://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/dealers-ev-grant-scheme/Grant-Flow-Process-Rev-02.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

The dealer said today ours is at stage 3 of grant approval, whatever that means...

Found this:
    https://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/dealers-ev-grant-scheme/Grant-Flow-Process-Rev-02.pdf

I spoke to our Kia dealer on a Friday about a Niro and we were at stage 3. No sign of approval yet 😩.

She’s home :)

Well wear

Car signed for and collected today.
    Lovely thing to drive.
    The self driving bit is freaky at first but excellent when you get to know it. Caught me out at the first slip it tried to take on the motorway.

Is there an easy way to disable LKAS when in B roads?
    And how do I get it to remember to turn on with level 3 regen not level 1?
    501970.jpeg

Lovely thing to drive.
    The self driving bit is freaky at first but excellent when you get to know it. Caught me out at the first slip it tried to take on the motorway.

Is there an easy way to disable LKAS when in B roads?
    And how do I get it to remember to turn on with level 3 regen not level 1?
    501970.jpeg

Excellent car!! Same colour as mine :)

To select your preferred recuperation level on any of the modes (Eco, Normal, Sport) you need to go to Settings (scroll the main screen all the way to the right) and in Vehicle you’d find all these. You could also select Eco or Normal function for you climate control in those driving modes...
    Bear in mind with Level 2 recuperation the brake lights come on almost instantly.

You can disable the LKAS from the top centre button on the dash behind the right hand side of the steering wheel, just above the blind spot assistant button...

But is it available in Ireland yet?
    Is it a subscription based service?

Lovely thing to drive.

Well wear, great colour too ! ;)

• Advertisement

But is it available in Ireland yet?
    Is it a subscription based service?

Nope. The dealer did not even know about it when I asked...
    It's on their website that it was coming to Europe in 2020

Advertisement