Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Can Torville and Dean skate as they did in their heyday? The downside of ageing is while our knowledge increases, our bodies deteriorate.

Couldn't care less about Torville or Dean. I don't watch DOI so I don't know what their judging is like.

Len managed to keep an air of civility about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Remember when Torvill and Dean did Strictly for charity. They were amazing at dancing on the ballroom floor too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

While I agree that Craig can be cranky, I do think Motsi got in his personal space, with the "bounce" thing. Having a new co-worker can be hell, and I think they both need to calm down, Craig not be cranky and Motsi not quite so... bouncy, at least towards Craig. But he has been this way for years, it's his persona, and I can't see him changing for Motsi.

I miss Len. 🙂

I actually thought of him during Katya and Mike's dance, he would have hated it.

Shirley, Darcey, Len and Bruno would be a great judging line up!

I'd love to see Anton progress to a judge one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Craig is playing a character. Almost every show with judges has the one ‘Mr Nasty’, it adds a bit of drama and entertainment. I’m sure he’s not like that in real life. I don’t have an issue with him not being a great dancer. As someone mentioned up thread, he’s had a double hip replacement, of course he isn’t going to be able to dance like he used to! I’m not sure about Motsi yet, she’s a bit loud and overbearing and doesn’t give constructive advice. But it’s early days. I’m sure she’ll bed in to the roll.

• Advertisement

ncmc wrote: »
    As someone mentioned up thread, he’s had a double hip replacement, of course he isn’t going to be able to dance like he used to!
    He also suffers from arthritis. Before his operations he was so crippled he could barely walk let alone dance. He is doing well to be dancing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Has no one here watched a single episode of it takes two? Craig is regularly on it and he's nothing like how he's portrayed on the Saturday night main event. He's there to contrast against the other 3 and he does it very well.

... and as for the standing ovations from the judges in week 1 and 2 .... slowly turning in BGT. Give me a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Has no one here watched a single episode of it takes two? Craig is regularly on it and he's nothing like how he's portrayed on the Saturday night main event. He's there to contrast against the other 3 and he does it very well.

... and as for the standing ovations from the judges in week 1 and 2 .... slowly turning in BGT. Give me a break.

I have and find him very false on ITT . I have no time for either personalities to be honest

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I'm not sure I can afford Craig a level of empathy that he doesn't appear to show to others in his remarks. But there you go :pac:

I understand why he behaves like he does but last night I didn't enjoy it.

I find there’s a lot of falseness on ITT from all sides. Sometimes the questions asked to interviewees are a pile of rubbish but it’s a lighthearted show, I don’t take it too seriously . It does it’s job.

Love choreography corner with Ian though and especially when old pros come in and know what they talking about. :)

• Advertisement

I only watched one episode of ITT this week and it didn't exactly pull me in. I've never watched it before.

I'm not a huge fan of Zoe Ball, to be honest.

I don't think him telling Motsi to stop was a persona. I think he genuinely felt she got in his face, and that was the real Craig.

I do like her, but I think she is being a bit full on with him.

Plus I'd kill for her makeup pallette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Which dance was it after when Craig told her to stop...I want to go back and watch it!

Edit: never mind...saw it. He was irritated, but I just think it's because he doesn't do the whole excited puppy act like the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Love Claudia’s shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Tess looking hot..... Claudia not (so much)......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Robot Tess must have had her personality software upgraded from version 1.1 to 3.6, she's not too cold tonight.

honeybear wrote: »
    Love Claudia’s shirt

Me too , she is gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Hammer of the Clods

AulWan wrote: »
    I miss Len. ��

I actually thought of him during Katya and Mike's dance, he would have hated it.

Shirley, Darcey, Len and Bruno would be a great judging line up!

I'd love to see Anton progress to a judge one day.

I suspect Anton would be a terrible judge, but he's also my least favourite professional dancer. A man with very little class.

I'm quite liking what little I've seen of Motsi so far, she does seem to bring a different energy to the panel that hasn't been seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Tess looking hot..... Claudia not (so much)......

I’ve been watching SCD for years. Tess always looks fab, but her outfits are very predictable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sad to see Luba go. Hopefully she'll have a decent partner next year because she's by far one of the best pros on the show.
    Can't understand why Karen is still on it. Awful dancer. She looked like she's doing a ho-down in a pair of Wellingtons in their Charleston last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's always interesting to see how well the new pros do. The more established ones have people voting for them regardless of partner which gives a bump.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

That was an incredible Group Pro Dance tonight. Oti was stunning and it was lovely to see Gorka too.

I suspect Anton would be a terrible judge, but he's also my least favourite professional dancer. A man with very little class.

Different strokes I guess. I think he is pure class, and his former partners all seem to love him. I know many who loved Brendan Cole but I literally could not stand him.

Anton has been a series regular on the show since the very beginning. He certainly has enough experience to be a judge.

That’s very harsh for someone you’ve never met. He’s an an absolute gentleman and it would be an honour for Strictly to have him a judge or otherwise.

Speaking of class, Pasha is sorely missed from the group routines. He’s such an elegant dancer.

Aljaz and Janette's dance last night was stunning.

Beautiful dance from Aljaz and Jannette . But what is he saying ? Is it “ some buddy to dance “

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

AulWan wrote: »
    Aljaz and Janette's dance last night was stunning.

This was fantastic. Miles ahead of the pro routine earlier on in the show.

I don’t miss Zoe on ITT at all . Gethin did a great job and Rylan is doing really well
    Its less manic without Zoe

• Advertisement

That was a great episode of ITT this evening. Gethin is such a natural presenter. Great interview with Johannes and Jason Gilkeson too.

Advertisement