Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Motsi lifting her scoring paddle with left hand instead of the right hand, which out of sync with the other judges is really bugging me.
    I didn't notice that. Maybe she is left-handed?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yer one Mabuse is incredibly insincere, her feedback is all this and that and then boom ... a 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Pretty sure you’re not meant to smile during a paso doble! He was grinning from ear to ear

Oh God, David kept smiling in the middle of paso doble. He looked about as fierce as a kitten..

He’s gorgeous according to the judges...wouldn’t say that now...

He’s pretty bad, don’t think he’ll go far.

• Advertisement

It must be daunting for Karim dancing foxtrot in the same show as Anton! But he totally pulled that off.

I can see him going far.

AulWan wrote: »
    It must be daunting for Karim dancing foxtrot in the same show as Anton! But he totally pulled that off.

I can see him going far.

He’s excellent but he must have some dance experience cos just looked him up and he has appeared in a number of west end productions. He’s only 19 though so very good for his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

That was beautiful from Karim. He’s a lovely dancer.

WTF was that?

Hahaha that was shocking

It was a ridiculous routine anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Awful routine from Katya

Karim was awesome

Loved Annekas dress

Bite me Dave Arch !!! I love Claudia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yer one Mabuse is incredibly insincere, her feedback is all this and that and then boom ... a 3.

I'm not a regular watcher but that was my exact thought.
    She praises the dancers and then gives them a low score.

SirChenjin wrote: »
    I'm not a regular watcher but that was my exact thought.
    She praises the dancers and then gives them a low score.

Yeah she doesn’t actually critique or give them any advice as to what they should work on etc. She’s grand but I miss Darcy

Thats actually what I love about Shirley. The speed at which she can break down what they're doing wrong and tell them how to correct it speaks of her experience.

I miss Darcey too.

AulWan wrote: »
    Thats actually what I love about Shirley. The speed at which she can break down what they're doing wrong and tell them how to correct it speaks of her experience.

I miss Darcey too.

I bet Craig is missing her too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I liked Motsi last week but this week I found her very vague with her feedback. Like just saying ‘Wow your character was brilliant now concentrate on the dancing’ is not helpful in any way. Tess was as stiff as a wooden board tonight as well.

LizT wrote: »
    I liked Motsi last week but this week I found her very vague with her feedback. Like just saying ‘Wow your character was brilliant now concentrate on the dancing’ is not helpful in any way. Tess was as stiff as a wooden board tonight as well.

I have to agree, and it seemed like she was repeating the same "advice" over and over.

If I was inclined I'd watch it back to count how many times she said "I love that"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Watching late this evening - haven't been concentrating hard enough to comment on most dancers, but one that sticks out in my mind is Mike and Katya - what on earth was she thinking?? :eek:

American SMOOTH, it's meant to be! But Jesus, she's one brave girl.

I'm guessing the rumours about Neil being the coreographer of that pair might be kinda true?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Watching late this evening - haven't been concentrating hard enough to comment on most dancers, but one that sticks out in my mind is Mike and Katya - what on earth was she thinking?? :eek:

I'm guessing the rumours about Neil being the coreographer of that pair might be kinda true?

Katya is just like Christina. All me, me, me, me, me.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

leahyl wrote: »
    Yeah she doesn’t actually critique or give them any advice as to what they should work on etc. She’s grand but I miss Darcy
    I don't miss the endless "coooooooore" comments one little bit.

But Motsi isn't doing it for me either - she's all about the shouting, and seems to be just showing off to me (in between baiting Craig), not a lot of constructive critique about her.

As someone else said earlier, don't try to tell me Karim has no (extensive) previous dance experience. Now, he's brilliant, but a bit of a jockey by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I watched Mike and Katya’s backstage on strictly Instagram a few minutes ago. She said what do you expect from an American Smooth to Rhinestone Cowboy, very difficult not to go cowboys and line dancing but still had foxtrot steps in it. They do give bizarre music sometimes like the time she got a salsa to gangham style( although she made her mark on it!!). Not her best work this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Very strange moment when Shirley commented on Alexa, she responded to the boos before they actually came. I presume the crowd are promoted for the boos and cheers?

I have no problem with Motsi , she is supportive and kind .,Its Craig I cannot stand , always seeking attention even if its negative .He thinks he is Nureyev but when he actually dances he is stompy and clunky . I find now I just blank him out and ignore him

I must say the first two shows were amazing and for week two the improvement in some of them is huge . I do think both Kelvin and Karim had previous dance experience but that fine as it is always nice to see the good along with the tryers and the ones that improve .
    I think James is struggling big time but fair play to him with his disabilities from the brain injury he has a hug mountain to climb and he is trying hard .
    Anneka is really enjoying it and I enjoy watching her enjoy it . Emmas smile is infectious and so far no one is annoying me too much !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Getting a bit fed up with the crowd booing to be honest.
    I wonder have the judges been told to change their deliveries or something. It was all a bit giddy. The difference between the three to the right and the cold front on the left was stark. Craig and his 'stop' to Motsi was unnecessary, but it just convinced the other three to become louder.

I think the launch show did nothing for Craig. Seeing the difference between him and the other judges dance wise makes me unconvinced by what he has to say. I wonder will it be his last series?

Getting a bit fed up with the crowd booing to be honest.
    I wonder have the judges been told to change their deliveries or something. It was all a bit giddy. The difference between the three to the right and the cold front on the left was stark. Craig and his 'stop' to Motsi was unnecessary, but it just convinced the other three to become louder.

I think the launch show did nothing for Craig. Seeing the difference between him and the other judges dance wise makes me unconvinced by what he has to say. I wonder will it be his last series?

Craig shouldn’t have to shush Motsi away. She doesn’t know him well enough to be invading his space like that.
    Craig has had 2 hip replacements in the last 5 years. That would account for his difficulties. He’s got plenty technical know how to do his job.
    Liking Shirley much more this season. Her critique is positive and detailed. As for herself, Bruno and her box, the less said the better.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Craig shouldn’t have to shush Motsi away. She doesn’t know him well enough to be invading his space like that.
    Craig has had 2 hip replacements in the last 5 years. That would account for his difficulties. He’s got plenty technical know how to do his job.
    Liking Shirley much more this season. Her critique is positive and detailed. As for herself, Bruno and her box, the less said the better.

Invading his space? Give over. He was a grumpy toad last night and his reaction was unnecessary.

When you set the bar for others, you should expect them to look at your own.

She didn’t invade his space at all ? She looked interested at least , he looked bored and grumpy and so critical of people who are really trying . I find him tiresome to watch

Invading his space? Give over. He was a grumpy toad last night and his reaction was unnecessary.

When you set the bar for others, you should expect them to look at your own.

Can Torville and Dean skate as they did in their heyday? The downside of ageing is while our knowledge increases, our bodies deteriorate.

• Advertisement

Can Torville and Dean skate as they did in their heyday? The downside of ageing is while our knowledge increases, our bodies deteriorate.

And we should also know that dancing perfectly does not come in three weeks . We should know from experience that encouragement is so much better than knocking people for trying their best

Advertisement