Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I don't remember that jive from the time - but my goodness, it'd make you hanker after the older, simpler days when they just danced the dances and there was a lot less gimmickry about the whole thing.

I loved seeing all the old dancers from back then - particularly Matthew Cutler, whom I loved but you never see anywhere any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I don't remember that jive from the time - but my goodness, it'd make you hanker after the older, simpler days when they just danced the dances and there was a lot less gimmickry about the whole thing.

I loved seeing all the old dancers from back then - particularly Matthew Cutler, whom I loved but you never see anywhere any more.

He was on ITT last year so he’s still about. He teaches I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I much preferred when the pros did a latin or ballroom dance its its pure form
    Like this incredible jive

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7N6xPSL6z0

I'd forgotten that jive. Amazing.

Forgot Karen was on the show that late, but I admit I've never liked her.

I really don't have any love for the current choreographer - Jason Gilkison. I don't like his style.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I think the pros used to take turns to choreograph the group routines, didn’t they? It’s too much of a production now, the camera work makes it almost impossible to see the dance.

I love that jive to Rebel Yell, Vincent and Flavia Mesa their bit up (they lose grip when they’re meant to be holding hands) but they cover it up so well, you wouldn’t really notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I much preferred when the pros did a latin or ballroom dance its its pure form
    Like this incredible jive

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7N6xPSL6z0

Oh wow just brilliant!!

• Advertisement

Would love in they brought Flavia and Vincent back to show us a proper Argentine Tango.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Call me Al wrote: »
    Oh wow just brilliant!!

You’d miss Bruce too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

ncmc wrote: »

I'm not getting the love for Kelvin and Oti's charleston, I felt it was a bit all over the place. It was good, but not worthy of 10's IMHO. Same with Dev and Diane, their street dance didn't have a patch on Charles and Karen's from last year, felt to me like it didn't have a huge amount of content.

I thought the same the first time I watched Kelvin and Oti but have watched it a further two times since. There is so so so much content in it, it's crazy!
    The last part of it after the lift is quite simply brilliant.
    I agree with your comment about Dev and Diane's dance. Left me cold.

Anyone else find this evenings panel totally annoying. A lot of noise and no content. Zoe did try keeping control but what a lot of eegits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Anyone else find this evenings panel totally annoying. A lot of noise and no content. Zoe did try keeping control but what a lot of eegits.
    I can’t watch Tom Allen on anything . I don’t watch Bake Off Extra slice because of him . He is just too silly

• Advertisement

I actually can't watch the Friday show at all. It's way too busy, chaotic and noisy. Not what I want to watch on a Friday night.

Genealogy Forum Mod

What a night, tonight. So many have improved out of recognition. Brilliant. Fab Ul Ous, Darlings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Loved Emma and Anton's dance! Beautiful. I'm not Anton's biggest fan but I'm pleased for him to have a better than usual partner this year, and a dance like that to look back on even if they don't make it much further!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I loved Emma and Anton’s dance, it was so beautiful and really told a story. I’m a bit behind and have only seen about 5 dances. Didn’t really rate Dev and Diane. Thought Catherine looked very flat footed. I think Craig hit the nail on the head, Johannes is so flexible and fast that he makes Catherine look poor in comparison!

I loved Emma and Anton’s dance, it was so beautiful and really told a story. I’m a bit behind and have only seen about 5 dances. Didn’t really rate Dev and Diane. Thought Catherine looked very flat footed. I think Craig hit the nail on the head, Johannes is so flexible and fast that he makes Catherine look poor in comparison!

I'm a bit behind too - I've just seen David's dance and I have a tear in my eye - he did so well! A miraculous improvement indeed.

Oh my god, just watched him! He did so well! Delighted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

yep, to be honest, I tuned out.

The judges scores were mad tonight ! That aside I thought it was a great night . Poor Amy , I don’t know how she managed to dance with that cough but I loved their dance .
    Emma and Antons dance was lovely and Will and Karen are amazing in my eyes . He has such struggles to overcome and they adapt so well

How can the judges give Kelvin such effusive comments and mention no negatives whatsoever, then give him nines?
    Genuine question. I mean, I didn't love the routine so I predicted eights and nines, but after those comments I'd've expected some tens to be honest.
    Also someone was overmarked - a female celeb who was given three eights (Craig gave a six). Was it Katherine? For that very underwhelming Charleston? As mentioned above, crazy scoring tonight.

Hard to see who will go home tonight, the standard was very high tonight. But the judges scores were bonkers, there was no way Mike and Katya deserved a 9 and I didn’t care for AJ and Saffron’s dance at all - but the minute I see bare feet, I turn against the dance! It’s my pet peeve 😂

• Advertisement

I think Alex and Catherine for the dance off. Or Aliaz’s Emma. David deserves to go straight through.

Hard to see who will go home tonight, the standard was very high tonight. But the judges scores were bonkers, there was no way Mike and Katya deserved a 9 and I didn’t care for AJ and Saffron’s dance at all - but the minute I see bare feet, I turn against the dance! It’s my pet peeve 😂

I know what you mean. I also found it hard to judge because Ashley and Pasha’s bare footed dance in still in my mind.

Agree about bare feet!

Some of the scores were generous but everyone really upped their game tonight.

Kelvin and Oti's rumba was the best one in years.

I think maybe Alex for the dance-off.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

What sort of drugs were the judges on tonight???
    Mike and Katya ... seriously?
    Saffron and AJ also overmarked

Johannes though. What can you say!! :D

One last thing, Neil and Alex were not the worst of the night

Heroditas wrote: »
    What sort of drugs were the judges on tonight???
    Mike and Katya ... seriously?
    Saffron and AJ also overmarked

Johannes though. What can you say!! :D

One last thing, Neil and Alex were not the worst of the night

Johannes had the absolute time of his life . “ oh hoh hoh oh hoh hoh “
    Loved it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Read the spoiler of tomorrow night’s results, it will be an interesting results show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

LizT wrote: »
    Read the spoiler of tomorrow night’s results, it will be an interesting results show.

I know! I’m a divil for doing that.

LizT wrote: »

I saw it on Instagram! After such a good show with miraculous improvements by some couples it was always going to be a strange dance off but I was surprised by who went. Still don't know who they were up against in dance off and I don't want to know - looking forward to watching this evening!

I read the spoiler on a Facebook comment. Why on earth do people do that? Fair enough if you want to look up the spoiler yourself, but no reason to spoil it for everyone else 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind too - I've just seen David's dance and I have a tear in my eye - he did so well! A miraculous improvement indeed.

Did we watch the same dance??

David James is an awful dancer, stiff, mechanical, no musical rhythm whatsoever. He may have improved slightly this week, but those scores were ridiculously OTT. He was marked unfairly high against better dancers imo.

I think the scoring last night was so bemusing. Even Craig (who is usually fairly spot on) was scoring all over the shop.

Advertisement