Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone see Oti on celebrity Tipping Point this afternoon? (Yes, I am that bored!)

Her dress is only A-MAZ-ING! Looks like hand painted silk.

The fabulous figure inside it doesn't hurt, mind you !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wow that opening dance was fab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow that opening dance was fab

Wasn’t it amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Cateym

So I missed the show last night so just caught the recap clips and the clip they showed of Oti and Kelvin they were out of time. So how did they get two tens??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,888 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Poor Anneka , in fairness she should be the one to go home tonight imo .

• Advertisement

Anneka is lovely but genuinely had no dance abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

F'king hell. How does someone even manage to butcher the titanic 'I'm flying jack' scene. Good Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Kevin gave her his all. She couldn’t even be bothered doing anything in the dance off. She should have at least give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Anneka's attempt at the dance off was woeful. She knew she was gone, was the Saturday night version as bad as that?

It's genuinely one of the worst I've ever seen.

Even Anne Widdicombe had more moves than that. Susannah Considine too for that matter.

Kevin got a good insight in to what it’s like being Anton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Have to say that Neil is growing on me. I transferred my annoyance now to Janette. She's so super energetic and enthusiastic!!! It's probably because she's the polar opposite of me but God, she could dial it down a notch.
    I like Giovanni and Michelle but not to the degree that others seem to.
    Oti and Kelvin are brilliant but I wasn't wild about their Charleston.
    I adore Amy and Karim, my absolute favourites. I think they were under marked for their Samba.
    And I could watch Johannes all night, I think he's an amazing dancer.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Anneka's attempt at the dance off was woeful. She knew she was gone, was the Saturday night version as bad as that?

It's genuinely one of the worst I've ever seen.

Have you forgotten about Diarmuid Gavin?

Have you forgotten about Diarmuid Gavin?

I had blocked that one out !!

I think Alex and Neil have a lot of work cut out for them. Even getting her noticed for publicity for a start never mind the dancing.

Rylan is growing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Omg the teeth. I needed oxygen for the laughter :pac:

Tess's totally lost it :D

Tess was totally unprofessional, no one had really noticed Anton saying they were his own teeth, she just embarrassed Craig and Anton, but mostly herself. She’s a dose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Tess was totally unprofessional, no one had really noticed Anton saying they were his own teeth, she just embarrassed Craig and Anton, but mostly herself. She’s a dose.

It did look like Emma was trying to tell her it was embarrassing. But when something like that happens a d you lose it, there is no coming back. Maybe Craig could keep his comments to the dancing :P

I think Craig was too far away to see Anton’s teeth. He was also too far away to hear Anton they are my own teeth. Craig didn’t say that intentionally.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I think Craig was too far away to see Anton’s teeth. He was also too far away to hear Anton they are my own teeth. Craig didn’t say that intentionally.

It was clear as day he didn't say it intentionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Rylan is growing on me.

He'll have that gig before long, he's made the cross over from ITV to the Beeb (he also has a decent weekend radio show on BBC Radio 1 or 2), they'll lock him down.

Zoe Ball's breakfast show isn't doing great either, I'd say she could be a goner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's also possible that she wants to give it up - 5 shows a week on top of the radio job sounds pretty full on.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I felt really uncomfortable watching the comments about Anton's teeth, I felt sorry for poor Anton, he looked pretty mortified during the whole thing. I felt Tess was really unproffessional and the BBC shouldn't have put it up on the FB page afterwards. I know I wouldn't be happy with millions of people laughing and commenting about my teeth!

I'm not getting the love for Kelvin and Oti's charleston, I felt it was a bit all over the place. It was good, but not worthy of 10's IMHO. Same with Dev and Diane, their street dance didn't have a patch on Charles and Karen's from last year, felt to me like it didn't have a huge amount of content.

I think the judges are being harsh on Chris and Karen, I thought he did pretty well this week. Karen looked so beautiful! There are some very forgettable dancers this year, I struggle to remember Alex, Emma and Catherine. Why do they keep giving Catherine such drab costumes compared to the rest of the women???

God but Anneka really was the pits, I don't have a huge amount of rhythmn myself, but jesus, she couldn't even clap in time! My 5 year old has more co-ordination!

Think David will be next to go, god love him, he really is lumbering around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Anneka was definitely better suited to ballroom dancing, if she had a waltz or something this week, she wouldn’t be gone.

I liked Kelvin and Oti’s Charleston but I didn’t think it was worthy of a ten. They were out of sync quite noticeably at times. Dianne and Dev were good but it didn’t really seem like a street dance, it seemed more like a Charleston.

Chris and Karen were undermarked, I thought their dance was beautiful.

I’m getting a bit sick of Motsi now, her feedback is so vague.

The judges made a habit of being critical with Karen in the past even when she had good partners. Chris definitely has potential and they want him to get better. It’s the likes of Chris that makes it to the final. The underdog, untrained dancer , and with a likable personality. If he cuts out the funny faces and pays attention to Karen, he’s a contender.

Aliaz and Emma , Catherine and Johannes. Two more couples that could get better. They are making a gradual progression and that’s what the public like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Their criticism of Karen is justified. She's by far the weakest of the pros and is a crap choreographer. I know amateurs who are far better dancers than she is.
    Two words to explain why she's there: Jason Gilkinson

I’m not too over awed with Jason
    Gilkeson’s pro routines this year. Only dance I’ve enjoyed so far was Aljaz and Janette’s dance to Lewis Capaldi. Camera work is all over the shop too. What’s wrong with letting us see pro dancers up close, their footwork, facial expressions. I thought the movie week one was a mess, a load of different characters running around, doing very little dancing.

I’m not too over awed with Jason
    Gilkeson’s pro routines this year. Only dance I’ve enjoyed so far was Aljaz and Janette’s dance to Lewis Capaldi. Camera work is all over the shop too. What’s wrong with letting us see pro dancers up close, their footwork, facial expressions. I thought the movie week one was a mess, a load of different characters running around, doing very little dancing.

I much preferred when the pros did a latin or ballroom dance its its pure form
    Like this incredible jive

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7N6xPSL6z0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I much preferred when the pros did a latin or ballroom dance its its pure form
    Like this incredible jive

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7N6xPSL6z0

Remember that so well!

Me too. It’s like it was yesterday. Just pure dancing. Those were the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I loved Karen Hardy. She always looked like she was having so much fun, especially in latin.

Bruce at 3:36 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Me too. It’s like it was yesterday. Just pure dancing. Those were the days.

A lot of the current pros wouldn't be technically capable of doing that jive!

Advertisement