Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just to to Kelvin - WOW!!!

But I say that was hard for Jamie to watch and listen to the judges comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

What a show tonight for Week 1! Incredible. Kelvin and Karim were wow! Alex very elegant for the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Michelle’s dance had a lot of content. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I reckon that had to be the best opening show ever. Some very strong dancers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Glad to hear Hayley back :)

Have taken to Motsi better than I thought.
    Get rid of Shirley and bring Darcey back with Motsi, that would be a panel

I'm sorry but Will seems a bit OTT. I know it's probably his natural personality rather than a fake show but he's really gonna get on my nerves.

Wow Karim and Kelvin.....pleasantly surprised by Michelle too.

Some of Karim's cha cha steps and body shapes were perfect.....they shouldn't have out him in that boiler suit, given how he moves It would have looked fantastic in proper dance trousers and top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can I just ask how it’s ok to have Otis sister as a judge when Oti is competing? Conflict of interest??

I mean obviously Kelvin was UNREAL so there’s no doubt about his scores in this case...but what about the weeks where he MAY not be as good, will she still be biased with her marking?

I don’t think it’s right personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

leahyl wrote: »
    Can I just ask how it’s ok to have Otis sister as a judge when Oti is competing? Conflict of interest??

I mean obviously Kelvin was UNREAL so there’s no doubt about his scores in this case...but what about the weeks where he MAY not be as good, will she still be biased with her marking?

She's not judging the professionals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm just catching up now. I feel so sorry for the poor rower James. Its horrible when you try so hard at something and don't get what you want.

I've enjoyed Saffron and Emma. Only halfway through the episode and it's already a fantastic start to the series!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy4all wrote: »
    She's not judging the professionals

I know that, but the fact is it could still affect how she marks given that she probably would like to see her sister win the show.

Motsi is far too professional for that. She would have no problems telling her sister if she didn’t like something. Probably will be Oti’s harshest critic :) ! I hope Kelvin hasn’t peaked too soon.

I most enjoyed Michelle, Karim, Dev, and Mike. And I see potential in David.

• Advertisement

Ah come on....they're both professional and if anything, having that perception about them would probably make Motsi overly aware how she was marking.
    If it turned out she was favouring marks towards Oti, the pattern would be spotted straight away....and wouldnt be let go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Apparently they worked together before on the german version and there was no issue.

I'm sure any favouritism would be picked up by the other judges instantly.

Just catching up now. Loved Anton’s delight in having a proper dance partner. But. Craig. WTAF?” I think that aliens took him and we’re watching an imposter. I’ll make the most of Aljaz while we have him!

https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/strictly-viewers-want-motsi-panel-20140530

My god. It was a great performance by Kelvin...well deserved the score.

I guess Motsi influencing the other judges to mark higher now too!?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm just catching up now. I feel so sorry for the poor rower James. Its horrible when you try so hard at something and don't get what you want.

I've enjoyed Saffron and Emma. Only halfway through the episode and it's already a fantastic start to the series!
    Hard not to feel for him you could tell he was trying but just doesn't have it.
    I just can't warm to Saffron at all, maybe it's a generational thing, her makeup is also flipping horrendous she looks about 40.
    Michelle Karim and Kelvin brilliant for first week I have to say.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

368100 wrote: »
    My god. It was a great performance by Kelvin...well deserved the score.

I guess Motsi influencing the other judges to mark higher now too!?
    Sure he got four 8's- it's not like he got a five, 2 sixes and a 10!! :pac:

It would be tough if there is a dance off situation, but I'm sure they know how to keep professional and personal separate and have probably discussed that type of eventuality themselves.

It takes two is on this evening 5.15 BBC 1. Just for today Zoe will be in with Rylan. It will be interesting to see how they get on. They’ll prob have Kelvin in. The media is going mad for him at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Caught up on the first show last night - Kelvin and that CBBC fella were certainly the standouts from Day 1!

It was mad looking at Kelvin - the name meant nothing to me when he was announced as a sub, but I remember him sooooo well as a kid in Emmerdale - that was a total blast from the past, he looks EXACTLY the same!!!

I'd spotted Saffron in the group dance two weeks ago as being a mover, and so she proved. She seems (despite my desperate desire to hate her, like Joe Sugg last year) like a nice young one, and could be very good.

Agree about Catherine's dress - deeply unflattering and just boring really!

Poor James Cracknell - what possessed him to agree to appear on a dance show when he looks like he'd have trouble walking down the street in a straight line??? Olympic athlete or not, he surely can't dance! I wonder did his accident have any bearing on his rhythm/musicality? It's so unusual for sports people to be so bad (or at least I can't remember any that were, I'm open to correction on that!)

Didn't get the raving about David James, he looked very awkward to me.....

Michelle Visage looks like a formidable contender! She's certainly not short of a performance anyway, be interesting to see what she's like at the slower, softer dances.

Anneka..... oh my word :o Who let her out in flat runners for starters??? I don't care what the outfit is, you can't be doing a dance (except maybe Charleston) in flats, mind you even in heels I wouldn't hold out much hope...

Speaking of Charleston, Mike Bushell's jive seemed far more like a Charleston to me than a jive, but nobody else seemed to pick up on that, so maybe I imagined it.

As Bruno said, what a first night - by week four (unless there were some unbelievable flukes this weekend) we should be rid of the total duds (James and Anneka), and settling in for a great season!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What accident did James Cracknell have?
    I read that he has epilepsy and that it's triggered by extreme tiredness - I guess that means he can't be putting in 12 hour days like some of the others. I felt for him when he was receiving his critique - he seemed surprised, as well as obviiusly upset. Maybe his pro convinced him he was doing better, to try to boost his confidence?

He was involved in an RTA , lorry drove in to him. He’s very lucky to be alive. He has brain damage, suffers from seizures, memory loss, and his personality changed. He did well to remember his steps.

• Advertisement

Rylan was good on ITT this evening. Very professional.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Rylan was good on ITT this evening. Very professional.

Are you kidding?? He’s awful!

I recorded it to watch later. I've never watched it before.

Are you kidding?? He’s awful!

Look. There’s a lot worse out there. It’s giving Zoe a break and making sure she doesn’t leave completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Look. There’s a lot worse out there. It’s giving Zoe a break and making sure she doesn’t leave completely.

Not a huge Rylan fan but I thought he was ok . Zoe can be a bit manic herself at times so maybe 3 week will work out well for the show

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I really enjoyed Anneka'a dance :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Craig is a bit out of line with Motsi

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anton looking adorable in his tux :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Motsi lifting her scoring paddle with left hand instead of the right hand, which out of sync with the other judges is really bugging me.

• Advertisement

Anton really enjoyed that foxtrot.

Advertisement