Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

She didn't win the Nobel Prize because man-made climate change isn't scientific enough, not enough proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

vriesmays wrote: »
    She didn't win the Nobel Prize because man-made climate change isn't scientific enough, not enough proof.

I'm intrigued that some actually thought she would win, for what having a rant at the UN and skipping school?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,860 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    free will.....hahaha ffs, no such thing on this planet

I shall address any future replies directly to the alien puppetmaster riding on the back of your neck that has taken over your shell. What is it's name, so that I can address it correctly?

I'm intrigued that some actually thought she would win, for what having a rant at the UN and skipping school?

You forgot the thrilling ocean cruise of a lifetime in a multimillion racing yacht.

cnocbui wrote: »
    You forgot the thrilling ocean cruise of a lifetime in a multimillion racing yacht.

I ignored that stunt for what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,925 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I shall address any future replies directly to the alien puppetmaster riding on the back of your neck that has taken over your shell. What is it's name, so that I can address it correctly?

we dont have free will on this planet, everyone has limitations and restrictions set upon them from birth till death

vriesmays wrote: »

Was it not that climate change and it’s affect on wars that there wasn’t sufficient proof of? Nothing to do with climate change per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Good idea. Think I'll go find some companies making saddles and equestrian clothing and pile in to the max. Returns should be epic.

Ah sure youre right lets just focus on everyone having their own car because that will work out well for towns and cities

Ah sure youre right lets just focus on everyone having their own car because that will work out well for towns and cities

The majority of people are well aware that cars are not the way forward for towns and cities, unfortunately outside of larger cities/towns public transport is non existent. No need to even mention rurally.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just in case anyone is wondering i didn’t go to the camp this morn. For 3 reasons

Kids were not overly interested
    Rugby match is on
    I was told by my buddy at the camp they were in clean up and take down mode and not much to be gained by dropping in this morning when they’d be busy

UPDATE - my friend meant he personally was leaving the camp this morn. As other posters have alerted - there is a programme of activities for the full wkend so I might mosey down tomorro.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone is wondering i didn’t go to the camp this morn. For 3 reasons

Rugby match is on
    I was told by my buddy at the camp they were in clean up and take down mode and not much to be gained by dropping in this morning when they’d be busy

More interested in this extensive research you carried out that suggests reintroducing Wolves to the Irish countryside is viable. Care to share that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

In that case, the government should just take everyone's money from them and buy the things they think people should have. People are innately irresponsible and selfish and shouldn't be allowed to act with free will.

Bit extreme.
    We regulate the treatment of animals and won't allow meat produced in certain ways be sold. Why not do similar with other products made by humans. Hardly radical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

More interested in this extensive research you carried out that suggests reintroducing Wolves to the Irish countryside is viable. Care to share that ?

The main threat from wolves would be livestock like sheep and lambs. But i’m guessing he thinks it’s not a bad idea because in his own little imaginary world thinks that meat will be banned because of climate change in the near future so it won’t be a problem having wolves running around the place, just a guess mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Rugby match is on

Strange that they’re still advertising things for all day today and tomorrow. You’re a proven spoofer at this stage.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The main threat from wolves would be livestock like sheep and lambs. But i’m guessing he thinks it’s not a bad idea because in his own little imaginary world thinks that meat will be banned because of climate change in the near future so it won’t be a problem having wolves running around the place, just a guess mind you.

Sadly we won't know if you are correct or not as Beech keeps dodging the question I asked of him. As I said I believe he is just a clueless wind up merchant.

Strange that they’re still advertising things for all day today and tomorrow. You’re a proven spoofer at this stage.

Might head in later or else tomorr if that’s the case.

I have done loads of personal research. My thoughts/plan is a network of connected national parks stretching from just south of dublin in a vague semi circle all to way to Kerry. Connection “corridors” linking them. That would be easily enough space and room to roam for a pack of say 10 wolves.

We need secure fencing to mark the boundaries of the park. This would include concrete below the fence line to stop wolves digging out from below. And of course some sort of nets to stop ppl throwing in food trying to attract the wolves. That wouldn’t end well

How to “gain territory”- compulsory purchase orders. Ppl can live in the park once they have adequate fencing and roads in and out. I personally would love to live in it. Populate with native flora and fauna. Once it has good WiFi comms I could work from home in the middle of tranquil idyllic wilderness.

I have done loads of personal research. My thoughts/plan is a network of connected national parks stretching from just south of dublin in a vague semi circle all to way to Kerry. Connection “corridors” linking them. That would be easily enough space and room to roam for a pack of say 10 wolves.

Now. We need secure fencing to mark the boundaries of the park. This would include concrete below the fence line to stop wolves digging out from below. And of course some sort of nets to stop ppl throwing in food trying to attract the wolves. That wouldn’t end well

How to “gain territory”- compulsory purchase orders. Ppl can live in the park once they have adequate fencing and roads in and out.

Don’t get me wrong Wolves are a fine fine animal. I have been up close and personal to a tame one that liked to be petted like a normal dog, but what about the threat to livestock, farmers living?

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Don’t get me wrong Wolves are a fine fine animal. I have been up close and personal to a tame one that liked to be petted like a normal dog, but what about the threat to livestock, farmers living?

No livestock in the park obviously. Compulsory purchase orders to take over the small amount of farms required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

What about the environmental impact of fabricating the fence and digging up that earth and pouring the concrete?

Was going to go along today but someone took the village car to the pub and left it there overnight.

• Advertisement

We need secure fencing to mark the boundaries of the park. This would include concrete below the fence line to stop wolves digging out from below. And of course some sort of nets to stop ppl throwing in food trying to attract the wolves. That wouldn’t end well

How to “gain territory”- compulsory purchase orders. Ppl can live in the park once they have adequate fencing and roads in and out. I personally would love to live in it. Populate with native flora and fauna. Once it has good WiFi comms I could work from home in the middle of tranquil idyllic wilderness.

Thanks for confirming you're an absolute spoofer. Hilarious that your 'research' would come at an enormous financial and environmental cost.
    Your employer is blessed to have such an intelligent individual on their payroll. ;-)

UPDATE - whatsapped my friend - he meant he personally was leaving the camp this morn.

As other posters have alerted - there is a programme of activities for the full wkend so I might mosey down tomorro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Thanks for confirming you're an absolute spoofer. Hilarious that your 'research' would come at an enormous financial and environmental cost.
    Your employer is blessed to have such an intelligent individual on their payroll. ;-)

Employer - good one

uchimata83 wrote: »
    What about the environmental impact of fabricating the fence and digging up that earth and pouring the concrete?

Was going to go along today but someone took the village car to the pub and left it there overnight.

Eco fencing is available.

For anyone not with the programme. Eamon Ryan the leader of the greens wants wolves in Ireland. I happen to want it too. It’s a legitimate policy option.

No livestock in the park obviously. Compulsory purchase orders to take over the small amount of farms required.

I remember some years ago in the buy and sell magazine i used to see Wolf cubs for sale, there’s probably a small tame population of them in this country somewhere.

For anyone not with the programme. Eamon Ryan the leader of the greens wants wolves in Ireland. I happen to want it too. It’s a legitimate policy option.

I hope Eammon doubles down and repeats that madness in the middle of an election campaign, people need to be reminded what kind of idiots populate the Green party.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

We will never have wolves here but George Monbiot did a great Ted Talk on the reintroduction of wolves to Yellowstone park and the positive impact they had on the ecosystem ultimately causing rivers to bend. Ireland has been sterilised a long time by farming and human habitat now so there's no point even thinking about it. We cant even build a bus lane ffs never mind CPOing farmers land.

I hope Eammon doubles down and repeats that madness in the middle of an election campaign, people need to be reminded what kind of idiots populate the Green party.

Lol i think he got a backlash over that and has geen apologising since lmao

I love the “when i’m in charge “ bit lol

• Advertisement

Glad to see you approve of one-off rural housing and spending money on rural infrastructure, like fiber-to-the-home. Too many urban environmentalists are anti.

Advertisement