Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

20Cent wrote: »
    A video from an obvious grifter convinces you but a whole body of science doesn't. Maybe the scientists should make YouTube channels for incels might get the message across.

tbh the video comes across as being made for giggles at the expence of the people who believe it's contents.
    i could be wrong but that is what i got from giving it a watch.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

lleti wrote: »
    I thought you cared about the planet? Why are you fine with massive holes being dug into it?

Holes can be filled back in with the earth that was taken out. Ruin local flora ok , but that can be reestablished in time.
    Digging holes has nothing to do with climate change.
    Its burning what is there that is the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

_Brian wrote: »
    It’s important for people to see how quickly the official spokesperson for ER folds under questioning by someone armed with cold hard facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO1TTcETyuU&feature=share

Choosing to irritate and obstruct ordinary people going about their lives is wrong. They stopped people on public transport and indeed abused people going to work on bicycles.
    This is disruption for the sake of disruption and nothing else.

The alarmist message they are peddling has been proven wrong. Their spokesperson admitted they were just using alarmist numbers and language to get attention. That’s fundamentally the wrong way to get public attention and support. The vast majority of the coverage they have received has been in relation to how unhinges their theory is and how unreasonable they are.

"I'm now joined by Zion Lights", he was some man to keep a straight face while saying that.

She was a typical crusty, when presented with cold hard facts she had no answers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

These people are drug addicts, MDMA, LSD, DMT and many other drugs that these fruitcakes are on. They are even stopping cancer patients getting in to hospital for major treatment. They also said that they want all aircraft flights ended by 2025. These people are completely insane.

Hugely entertaining . Thanks for posting .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Jesus i’m now more scared of these people than climate change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Micky 32 wrote: »

You should be

I watched one of these headbangers on the C4 news a while back and he said that democracy might have to step aside in order to tackle “climate change”

Dangerous people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Micky 32 wrote: »

What about the wolves that fool Ryan what to bring back, it's no wonder people only laugh at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

mgn wrote: »
    What about the wolves that fool Ryan what to bring back, it's no wonder people only laugh at them.

what about them?
    they are irrelevant, they won't be reintroduced to ireland. there is quite likely little support for such a proposal thankfully.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

A video from an obvious grifter convinces you but a whole body of science doesn't. Maybe the scientists should make YouTube channels for incels might get the message across.

Incel?
    I can safely assume anything you say is not worth taking any notice of.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

What? What are you talking about?. I was talking specifically about those crazy Extinction Rebellion nut-cases on that video. The proof that these people are headbangers is plain and clear to see, science has nothing to do with their insanity. Try to read my post properly next time and not twist my comments around for your own agenda, thank you.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

What? What are you talking about?. I was talking specifically about those crazy Extinction Rebellion nut-cases on that video. The proof that these people are headbangers is plain and clear to see, science has nothing to do with their insanity. Try to read my post properly next time and not twist my comments around for your own agenda, thank you.

Didn't watch the video. That fella is a known nutjob. He was/is part of infowars, fake news idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Didn't watch the video. That fella is a known nutjob. He was/is part of infowars, fake news idiots.

Fake news right wing loonies

I honestly am amazed at how naive some boardsies are

what about them?
    they are irrelevant, they won't be reintroduced to ireland. there is quite likely little support for such a proposal thankfully.

It just goes to show you the way the think.

mgn wrote: »

Oh he’s cute enough, the biggest threat from wolves would be livestock like sheep and lambs , he obviously has it in his head meat farming will be eventually banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

You really don't have a clue of basic common sense do you. :rolleyes:

The same nut-cases were saying and doing the same with 'Global Cooling' in the 1970's. Same fruit-cakes the lot of them. Extinction Rebellion followers are typically uneducated and mostly never worked a day in their live's to clean themselves and at least to wash themselves, complete hypocrites the lot of them. They should be put in prison alone just so they can be forced to have a wash for the disruption they are causing.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What's the strange obsession with these people's personal hygiene, of which you all know nothing about? Like seriously it seems like you feel threatened by these people if they're making you that angry. ISIS terrorists don't even face this ire from posters. I know f*ck all about them and haven't watched any of their videos, but the fact they are trying to highlight how we are destroying nature at a very alarming rate makes me glad at least someone is trying, although some of their methods are extreme. The ones here in Dublin aren't causing any harm so fair play to them.

You should be

I watched one of these headbangers on the C4 news a while back and he said that democracy might have to step aside in order to tackle “climate change”

Dangerous people

When they realise they are not getting what they want they will eventually resort to yellow vest tactics, wait until you see.

It’s really not about individual carbon footprints

It’s about the system as a a whole.

Fake news right wing loonies

I honestly am amazed at how naive some boardsies are

Amazing that you call anyone naive when on another thread you said wolves should be reintroduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Anyway maybe taught these climate scientists are just earning a crust so cant say anything different. Probably get back handers off electric car manufacturers. I think is all nonsense.

Can you let me know which EV manufacturers are giving backhanders? I could do with a new car and a holiday.

• Advertisement

Amazing that you call anyone naive when on another thread you said wolves should be reintroduced.

Very much doubt you have done the level of research that I have done regarding the reintroduction of wolves

99.9% on here are casual spoofers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

You really don't have a clue of basic common sense do you. :rolleyes:

The same nut-cases were saying and doing the same with 'Global Cooling' in the 1970's. Same fruit-cakes the lot of them. Extinction Rebellion followers are typically uneducated and mostly never worked a day in their live's to clean themselves and at least to wash themselves, complete hypocrites the lot of them. They should be put in prison alone just so they can be forced to have a wash for the disruption they are causing.

The vast consensus of scientists are nutjobs, paul watson is smart though.
    This is why trump won.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Can you let me know which EV manufacturers are giving backhanders? I could do with a new car and a holiday.

You can feck off, there's only so much in the kitty, and I'm not giving up any of mine

These people are drug addicts, MDMA, LSD, DMT and many other drugs that these fruitcakes are on. They are even stopping cancer patients getting in to hospital for major treatment. They also said that they want all aircraft flights ended by 2025.

Just in that video it’s been discredited.

It’s the usual right wing kremlin funded idiot hosting.

Just in that video it’s been discredited.

It’s the usual right wing kremlin funded idiot hosting.

Very much doubt you have done the level of research that I have done regarding the reintroduction of wolves

99.9% on here are casual spoofers.

You wish to see an apex predator reintroduced to a country that is populated by docile sheep and cattle with no natural predator.Whatever research you did must have been restricted to the Disney channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    You can feck off, there's only so much in the kitty, and I'm not giving up any of mine

Look buddy, I haven't been making these GIS maps and spending hours trying to make sense of data for nothing, I want my EV money!

You wish to see an apex predator reintroduced to a country that is populated by docile sheep and cattle with no natural predator.Whatever research you did must have been restricted to the Disney channel.

The will be telling us next that wolves are now vegetarian, so there safe to be let roam the countryside.

You are a spoofer. Can tell them 10 miles off

Go on so what research have you carried out that makes you believe the reintroduction of wolves would not have a determential effect on wildlife and livestock. Bearing in mind wolves have no existed in the wilds of this country in nearly 25O years.
    Now here's your chance to prove you are not an idiot parroting what you heard that fool E Ryan say.
    Failing to answer confirms you yourself are the spoofer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

20Cent wrote:
    The vast consensus of scientists are nutjobs, paul watson is smart though. This is why trump won.

Trump won because millions of Americans have been fcuked over by countless governments, both democratic and republican, for decades

Advertisement