Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

mgn wrote: »
    What happened the dinosaurs, did carbon emissions kill the too.
    As i said i live in country and see what's going on.

That was a meteor.

Single points of data like what you experience cannot be used to evaluate overall trends. I haven't seen any homeless people yet today so therefore there is no homelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

20Cent wrote: »
    That was a meteor.

Single points of data like what you experience cannot be used to evaluate overall trends. I haven't seen any homeless people yet today so therefore there is no homelessness.

That's the problem people only see what the want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

This seems to be a huge problem on boards

Lads taking bullsh1t merchants serious. They are too naive to realise there’s huge opposition to climate change among big business and fossil fuel industry. Think of how big the oil industry is. Look up aramco for example

Lads just take a step back and consider you are being played like a fiddle by big business interests who stand to make huge money from climate denialism

If they know that climate change is happening, and are aware of the effects, then what would be the point of having all of the money in the world if the world is uninhabitable???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I hereby call on all the denialists on this thread to produce evidence for their claims.

I wouldn't really be throwing stones mate, your idea of being an environmentalist is watching David Attenborough and going for nature walks.

Don't think everyone against some of the ignorant BS coming in the form of solutions is all people against climate change.

I am for climate change but actually having a conversation in a way that everyone understands the full impact of what is meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

Damn hippies. Smelly, crusty layabouts who are blocking people from getting to/from work thanks to road closures. They should be hosed down, de-loused, and put to work picking up litter or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

mgn wrote: »
    That's the problem people only see what the want to see.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/species-decline-doesn-t-just-happen-elsewhere-it-s-a-serious-irish-problem-1.3793998

So because you see some things where you live, nature and wildlife are growing and flourishing in Ireland?
    Is this really the level of intellect we're dealing with here? FML...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I think a lot of this stuff is like a game of musical chairs, just in reverse.

Adapting to the changing environment is going to cost a lot of money, or a severe reduction in quality of life, or a self-induced weakening of your country. All three at once, more likely.

These good natured protestations are essentially asking us to be first "out" of a game of musical chairs.

Intelligent, realistic people at the steering wheel know this. All will try to make it to the end of the game, there will be no regard from the winners to the losers.

This is a game with significant consequence. Swallow that pill. The sooner the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

20Cent wrote: »
    Tip:
    Scientists will have many differing opinions and predictions.
    It is the consensus that matters overall.
    Very few things are proven 100%

Consensus matters fcuk all if they are all wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,722 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Consensus matters fcuk all if they are all wrong!!

Acid being the cause of stomach ulcers, springs to mind, along with cholesterol causing cardivascular disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/species-decline-doesn-t-just-happen-elsewhere-it-s-a-serious-irish-problem-1.3793998

So because you see some things where you live, nature and wildlife are growing and flourishing in Ireland?
    Is this really the level of intellect we're dealing with here? FML...

You keep reading what nonsense, as i said before come out of your ivory towers and take a trip down the country away from the main tourist spots and you might see what's going on.

And do it soon in case that green fool Ryan gets into Government and brings back the wolves to the countryside, Wouldn't like to see you eating alive.
    You will probably say he is right, that the wolves are now vegetarian so all is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

That arsehole on the plane needs to have a good talk with himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Damn hippies. Smelly, crusty layabouts who are blocking people from getting to/from work thanks to road closures. They should be hosed down, de-loused, and put to work picking up litter or something.

Damn right Anus , in fact the government should employ some of those lads the council employed in Cherry Orchard to sort them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The guardian this week has been running reports on how seemingly respectable and genuine think tanks were promoting climate science denialism for years. It appears some less discerning ppl have been hoodwinked by their output. I guess that was the point of the disinfo campaign

Bring the corporate conspiracy theory to its full conclusion for us... what happens in the end...do they all fly away in a magic spaceship with wheelbarrows of our money to another planet when they have messed up our atmosphere beyond repair leaving us to weep and shake our fists at the sky?

Or do we have to buy the Grauniad next week to see?

Corporations sell what people need. They are not James Bond villians. People need fuel to get around, run their machinery, and heat their buildings.

topper75 wrote: »
    Corporations sell what people need. They are not James Bond villians. People need fuel to get around, run their machinery, and heat their buildings.

But it shouldn't be at the expense of the planet either via climate change or hovering up the earth so much we are left with nowhere left to inhabit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

They are doing NOTHING, not a thing. They are professional protestors. Wasters.

Wouldn't work to warm their emaciated vegan arses, they'd scatter fair fast if they thought there was a day's work on the cards. Slogan chanting , bad drumming and dancing around like demented wallys is about the sum of their abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I see there are lots of middle class pensioners willing to go to jail for protesting on flights. I think they are just looking for something to do and figure they’ll get a slap on the wrist. Though I would like to know how many flights they have taken and distance traveled in their lives. It seems a bit rich being lectured to by people like this.

topper75 wrote: »
    Bring the corporate conspiracy theory to its full conclusion for us... what happens in the end...do they all fly away in a magic spaceship with wheelbarrows of our money to another planet when they have messed up our atmosphere beyond repair leaving us to weep and shake our fists at the sky?

Or do we have to buy the Grauniad next week to see?

They are making lots of money now and don't want taxes or curbs on fossil fuels because it would reduce their income. Totally understandable and logical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I see there are lots of middle class pensioners willing to go to jail for protesting on flights. I think they are just looking for something to do and figure they’ll get a slap on the wrist. Though I would like to know how many flights they have taken and distance traveled in their lives. It seems a bit rich being lectured to by people like this.
    Hit all off season flights to the Canaries with a big levy and they will soon be on to Joe whinging about it and using the "I'm an old age pensioner" line. They do enough whining about medical cards and inheritance tax already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Bad form protesting opposite a hospital so loudly for hours today. Holles Street has been hearing it all week too from their Merrion Square Base. I haven't heard one person have anything good to say about them especially after affecting commuters all week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Why don’t we just party until it all goes belly up ?

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »
    Why don’t we just party until it all goes belly up ?
    At last someone is talking sense

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

They are doing NOTHING, not a thing. They are professional protestors. Wasters.

And you know this how, or are you just making sweeping statements to be in with the in crowd?

Edgware wrote: »
    At last someone is talking sense
    In fairness that is pretty much the way it will go and maybe rightly so .

Sure we are only one decent asteroid from ....Aaarrrggghhh

blinding wrote: »
    In fairness that is pretty much the way it will go and maybe rightly so .

Sure we are only one decent asteroid from ....Aaarrrggghhh

Thats exactly why I always make sure I have best before date Iodine tablets on my person

Edgware wrote: »
    Thats exactly why I always make sure I have best before date Iodine tablets on my person
    Just throw them at the Asteroid at the last possible moment . You’ll be fine .

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

These people are drug addicts, MDMA, LSD, DMT and many other drugs that these fruitcakes are on. They are even stopping cancer patients getting in to hospital for major treatment. They also said that they want all aircraft flights ended by 2025. These people are completely insane.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Taking drugs! Long hair! Different clothes to me!! Get the police to baton charge them at once!!!
    Seriously some of you weirdos belong in the 1950s. Old men yelling at clouds. Do you want everyone in the world to dress and look the same way you do?
    Whether you believe in Global Warming or not, the current model we are operating on can only lead to catastrophe. Expanding and a continually growing consuming economy can't keep going. Something needs to change or we are all f*cked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Bad form protesting opposite a hospital so loudly for hours today. Holles Street has been hearing it all week too from their Merrion Square Base. I haven't heard one person have anything good to say about them especially after affecting commuters all week.

Those kids being born are part of the problem with all their C02. You need to watch some David Attenborough and repent.

These people are drug addicts, MDMA, LSD, DMT and many other drugs that these fruitcakes are on. They are even stopping cancer patients getting in to hospital for major treatment. They also said that they want all aircraft flights ended by 2025. These people are completely insane.

A video from an obvious grifter convinces you but a whole body of science doesn't. Maybe the scientists should make YouTube channels for incels might get the message across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

There's some freaks on this thread. You people are demented, you need professional help in my personal opinion. Fruitcakes walking around with no brain in their head.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Advertisement