Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭recyclops

Markitron wrote: »
    So we are all agreed, we all hate the Xbox and gamepass is a bigger rip-off than the watered-down, overpriced beer you get at festivals.

in plastic cups :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

recyclops wrote: »
    in plastic cups :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Which is the worst part

That and the fact that is usually Heineken

Which is vile

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You can get a years Live for about €45. Once you have those you can convert to Game Pass Ultimate for €12.99.

Everytime you add a code if you activate auto renew they give you an extra month. Just disable this straight away and you can claim it again.

So 12+1, 12+1, 6+1 will give you 33 months for €110 + €12.99 to convert. So €122.99 for 35 months.

If you use Brazil codes it's cheaper.

Thats why I've gone for the Series S with Game Pass. I didn't turn off the auto-renew so I only got the 2 years for €80.00. Apparently its not the first time this promo has run, and this time it ha run for a few months. Great value at that. Still have the Pro to catch up on the backlog and try to get past the first level in Bloodborne.....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Markitron wrote: »
    Which is the worst part

That and the fact that is usually Heineken

Which is vile

Worst concert beer I ever had was Heineken sold in a plastic bottle, just vile.

Something something PlayStation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭quokula

All first party titles go to Gamepass on their day of release. With the Zenimax acquisition that becomes pretty compelling.

Yeah but he was implying they were available on day one of the console release. They're not. Not a single one of them is. For some of them you'll be spending €15 per month for 5+ years waiting for them to come.

I'm aware some people have found a way to exploit a loophole and pretend they're Brazilian or something to get a subscription for less than RRP, but if you're basing the price on that, then you really shouldn't be comparing it to buying games at full price as you can purchase most games for around €20 typically very easily if you wait a month or two and shop around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭quokula

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/22/new-media-experience-and-top-entertainment-streaming-apps-coming-to-ps5

I was hoping PS5 would get Apple TV as it's come to some Sony smart TVs recently. Great move, looking forward to that. I hope this means it gets airplay support too like the actual apple tv hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

quokula wrote: »
    Yeah but he was implying they were available on day one of the console release. They're not. Not a single one of them is. For some of them you'll be spending €15 per month for 5+ years waiting for them to come.

I don't think he was trying to imply that at all, I think he phrased it awkwardly but he meant that the games would be available on gamepass from day one of their release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,201 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mubi or bust... and hopefully a Mubi app that doesn’t buffer as frequently as the PS4 one!

I don't think he was trying to imply that at all, I think he phrased it awkwardly but he meant that the games would be available on gamepass from day one of their release.
    It could have been phrased better but on a gaming forum I think most can figure out what was implied. That Gamepass will get those games on day 1 of their respective release dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

quokula wrote: »
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/22/new-media-experience-and-top-entertainment-streaming-apps-coming-to-ps5

I was hoping PS5 would get Apple TV as it's come to some Sony smart TVs recently. Great move, looking forward to that. I hope this means it gets airplay support too like the actual apple tv hardware.

Further to this, Crunchyroll have advised their App will also be available on launch. Yurt!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Games are available to pre-order.
    Tried using the website on my pc, was useless.

Pre-ordered Demon's Souls on the website using my phone, go figure.

4 weeks to go. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,570 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tried the website on my phone but can only see ps4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

why do people bother preordering digitally , they're hardly going to run out of stock lol and you won't be able to preload anything until the console is out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Video wrote: »
    why do people bother preordering digitally , they're hardly going to run out of stock lol and you won't be able to preload anything until the console is out

My question is and always will be, why do people go digital especially looking at some of those prices? I see literally no benefit to a digital only collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My question is and always will be, why do people go digital especially looking at some of those prices? I see literally no benefit to a digital only collection.

Game Sharing, no faffing about with disks, no clutter. And now you have quick resume.

If me and a friend get Miles Morales at launch it'll be €35 each. We can both play it and own it. It'll be a long time before you can buy a physical copy for that price and even if you trade it in and get €40/50 for it against a new game you've only saved €15 compared to me and I still own the game.

Video wrote: »

Because I'm like a little child, all excited and giddy about being able to.
    Will be the first game I play on my shiny new goliath.

Only reason I opted for the disk version of the PS5 was to play some films I own or will purchase in the future.
    I was extremely close to buying the diskless version.
    I think I bought 4 physical games on PS4.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    And now you have quick resume.

Is there a quick resume on the PS5?
    I like what I saw of it on the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

F1ngers wrote: »
    Is there a quick resume on the PS5?
    I like what I saw of it on the Xbox.

I thought there was?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

I wonder would it be best to buy the PS4 version of Miles Morales as I can upgrade for free and play it on my PS4 should I ever want to? Seems like there's no advantage to just buying the PS5 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Speaking of game sharing, are we to assume ps5 will be same as PS4?

I make my kids console primary so he can play all my games (even though he logs in under his own account)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For fast resume I think They mentioned it in that UI video for Sackboy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For fast resume I think They mentioned it in that UI video for Sackboy

Thanks, a quick search for "quick resume PS5" seems to suggest there is without actually stating there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

JackCDSt wrote: »
    I wonder would it be best to buy the PS4 version of Miles Morales as I can upgrade for free and play it on my PS4 should I ever want to? Seems like there's no advantage to just buying the PS5 version?

That's my reading of the free upgrades too. Bought ps4 version of AC valhalla for same reason, will get a weeks worth on ps4 before ps5 arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd love to get a nice Cyberpunk 2077 or GOW: Ragnarok one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'd love to get a nice Cyberpunk 2077 or GOW: Ragnarok one tbh.

I like the blue one.
    The price ain't bad at €35. It's gonna be interesting to see what AliExpress comes up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Is there zero probability one will be able to walk into a Gamestop etc. in mid December and buy an off the shelf PS5?

I'm not an avid gamer and won't/haven't got involved in the pre order race, just wondering what realistic expectations are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Is there zero probability one will be able to walk into a Gamestop etc. in mid December and buy an off the shelf PS5?

I'm not an avid gamer and won't/haven't got involved in the pre order race, just wondering what realistic expectations are.

It's not zero probability but it's low enough unfortunately. Preorders are like gold dust and with Gamestop running a waiting list, they'll all need to be attended to first.

Better chance of extra stock in a Smyths, Currys or Argos but I wouldn't say there will be a rake of stock on the shelf come December and if there is, it'll fly off once on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭recyclops

R.F. wrote: »
    Speaking of game sharing, are we to assume ps5 will be same as PS4?

I make my kids console primary so he can play all my games (even though he logs in under his own account)

If there isn't I'm out. Anything that is a step backwards for a consumer is **** for a business especially if offering a digital only route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

From what I’ve seen game sharing is still a thing, and I’d be shocked if they got rid of it anyway.

I love having my collection digital, I have limited storage and most of the games I’ve bought I’ve gotten through sales. Even with the ps5, I’ll pay full price for Cyberpunk on launch day and God of War then whenever that launches(I’ve heard a rumour of Feb but that seems way too soon for a game we haven’t seen).

Anything else will be sales/backlog/ps+ collection.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement