Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sold my PS4 :(

Only gaming I have left is the odd game of Among Us on the phone...

This feels wrong....

Just try and take your mind off it. Don't think about the fallout of selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I have my PS4 Pro as good as sold today as well. Have the VR, gun, 2 X Move controllers etc, but i'll hold onto those.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭quokula

jones wrote: »
    This x1000 i always get caned for saying it but i dont see the big deal with BC. They nearly always looks and feel terrible.

I totally agree with this. And no amount of upscaling of res or frame rates will fix dated UX, controls and gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    Just try and take your mind off it. Don't think about the fallout of selling it.

Aw **** you :pac:

Edit: that is, if you were slagging because I was just bang in the middle of Fallout 76. If not, then it was some coincidence of phrasing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Originally Posted by lfcsean101 View Post
    i have a 5 year old and i was about 7 when i had the original nintendo the games had was Mario and duck hunt,theres obviously kids games but just wondering has anyone ever got a child so young one or is it terrible parenting
    5 is probably a bit young, not in terms of gaming itself, but for a PS5 or Xbox. I think you'd be much better off with a Switch or even a DS. Far better selection for their age range, much easier to use/play, won't take up a TV as they're handheld, can take it places with him.

This. It's a far cheaper machine with some fantastic and much more diverse pool of games. It's portable and it's just bloody fun! If they are interested in Fortnite or Minecraft or whatever then go for the PS4 or xbox one S.

No point at this stage in lashing out more than you need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

This feels wrong....
    I'm giving mine to my niece, a professional animator. Showed her Dreams on Youtube and told her to buy it. Would love to see what a trained professional can do with it.

Just out of curiosity, what do you get for a 2nd hand PS4 now that the 5 is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Think I am gonna sell my Switch, I hardly play it anymore and anytime I do its a port of an old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Markitron wrote: »
    Think I am gonna sell my Switch, I hardly play it anymore and anytime I do its a port of an old game.

Give it a few weeks into lockdown, and there will be another mad rush for them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

This. It's a far cheaper machine with some fantastic and much more diverse pool of games. It's portable and it's just bloody fun! If they are interested in Fortnite or Minecraft or whatever then go for the PS4 or xbox one S.

Fortnite and Minecraft both run superbly on the Switch. Well, according to my kids.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Give it a few weeks into lockdown, and there will be another mad rush for them again.

Yea and Christmas won't hurt either. There is a slight scuff on the screen but it is barely noticeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Minecraft and Fortnite are both on Switch as well. Though can't speak as have never played either on any system

I'm giving mine to my niece, a professional animator. Showed her Dreams on Youtube and told her to buy it. Would love to see what a trained professional can do with it.

Just out of curiosity, what do you get for a 2nd hand PS4 now that the 5 is coming out?

My friend bought it off me. I said 220 and he gave 240. Much different experience than if it was with a randomer on adverts. Info probably not much use to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can play both Fortnite and Minecraft on Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

This feels wrong....

Now focus your mind on a shiney new PS5 you will have soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Sidford

My friend bought it off me. I said 220 and he gave 240. Much different experience than if it was with a randomer on adverts. Info probably not much use to ya.

Who were you negotiating with, Trigger?

That's a good result for both of you though at that price especially with no hassle for you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Aw **** you :pac:

Edit: that is, if you were slagging because I was just bang in the middle of Fallout 76. If not, then it was some coincidence of phrasing :)

You can take it in whatever manner you wish. Though I will say I'm glad you weren't in the middle of playing NBA 2K21 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭McFly85

This feels wrong....

Tried to sell my PS4 Pro, CEX wouldn’t take it because they said the drive wasn’t playing games. Got home and can’t replicate what they’re on about.

Might try GameStop and see if the same thing happens.

Sidford wrote: »
    Who were you negotiating with, Trigger?

That's a good result for both of you though at that price especially with no hassle for you

Bit of a deal where the pints will be on me when lockdown lifts :)

Penn wrote: »
    You can take it in whatever manner you wish. Though I will say I'm glad you weren't in the middle of playing NBA 2K21 :D

Ha, honestly thought it was a brilliant fallout slag :D As for nba, i watch enough ads on telly. Saying that, I'll be getting it on next gen, hope the ads **** by then but 2k do it ever year, no surprise really.

Also, while I'm here, now that I don't own a PS or Xbox, i can truly neutrally say that Xbox sucks and PlayStation rules.

• Advertisement

Also, while I'm here, now that I don't own a PS our Xbox, i can truly neutrally say that Xbox sucks and PlayStation rules.
    Watch yer mouth mister.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Watch yer mouth mister.

Do you even Knack bro?

Do you even Knack bro?

What?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    What?

The greatest console exclusive of all time.

61mo9u1pWzL._AC_SX342_.jpg

:D:D

It’s total bollox that knack gets its own cult but cool spot is all but forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Let me follow up on Fallout 76. I gave it another go , though found my old activity and started back from there. Gave it an hour or two, deleted again. I was getting hammered by some ghoul and the gun broke so I'm like "I'll just open the inventory and switch" killed over and over as it doesn't slow or pause like Fallout 4. Then my character starved , I've no stuff, no food,no money and clearly no patience. Lots of ammo, can't fix a gun, a when i run to find parts I get killed again.

I was absolutely loving fallout 76 and can't wait to pick up my progress on PS5. I found food in nearly every location i visited so just ate as i found them and stored some when i was full. You can make a garden at your camp as well for crops. The gun breaking is annoying but I'd just swap it out for another I'd find off an event i killed. There's also a perk that randomly repairs for weapon as you use it, found that very handy.

It's exactly the kind of survival level i was looking from a fallout game. 4 became too easy too quick and 'survivor modes' in previous games were too harsh for me. Never ever thought that when i sold my ps4, Fallout 76 is the game I'd miss most.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's only because you were in the middle of it. If you were in the middle of Spiderman or GoW you'd be missing them most.

In PS5 news, and not sure if this was already posted, but the fan noise can be optimised with updates from Sony; Linky

• Advertisement

It's only because you were in the middle of it. If you were in the middle of Spiderman or GoW you'd be missing them most.

In PS5 news, and not sure if this was already posted, but the fan noise can be optimised with updates from Sony; Linky

Absolutely it's because i was in the middle of it but that's the last game i thought I'd play on ps4, never mind miss it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement