Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The D15 Local Election Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

oLoonatic wrote: »
    No i'm not wearing a tinfoil hat!!. I meant the timing of the article coming out.

What, the day after the settlement was agreed? You do know how news works, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

oLoonatic wrote: »
    Timed very well wasnt it.......

Yes, yes it was.

It reminds us all of the thuggery that yet underpins so much of SFs activity at local and parliamentary level across the 32 Counties, behind a veneer of progressive respectibility. I need not remind readers that although this involves a representative of another party, reports of threats and intimidation within same organisation have been common the last five years.

Vótáil cuibheas agus meas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The same person has been at that carry on across all platforms for many years. I doubt it'll have an affect on his brother.

https://www.broadsheet.ie/tag/alan-donnelly/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

The same person has been at that carry on across all platforms for many years. I doubt it'll have an affect on his brother.

https://www.broadsheet.ie/tag/alan-donnelly/

He just got caught, every party has their own version of him.
    Just look the Gemma o Doherty thread attempts to discredit her from all angles.
    I've actually met Alan he is a nice man tireless community worker

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The person who does most to discredit Gemma is herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Don't you have enough threads already to peddle your nonsense and continuously contradict yourself?

Hurrache wrote: »
    Don't you have enough threads already to peddle your nonsense and continuously contradict yourself?

I live in Dublin 15 I'm entitled to contribute to this thread, go bully somebody else

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I live in Dublin 15 I'm entitled to contribute to this thread, go bully somebody else

Always playing the victim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gemma O'Doherty doesn't need one atom of help from anyone else to discredit herself.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Always playing the victim card.

Well you would say that, because I have the courage to stand up for myself.

• Advertisement

Thankfully Gemma O'Doherty has nothing to do with local elections in D15, so I really don't see any need for her to be discussed on this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 MaryNewell

I am voting for Gerard Sheehan. I know he is very active in Ongar. He set up the Ongar Chasers (Basketball Club), He trains Special Olympics swimmers every week in the NSC, He is a social care worker that works with kids and he is a family man who has 5 kids and fully knows the problems we have here in Dublin 15.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

MaryNewell wrote: »
    I am voting for Gerard Sheehan. I know he is very active in Ongar. He set up the Ongar Chasers (Basketball Club), He trains Special Olympics swimmers every week in the NSC, He is a social care worker that works with kids and he is a family man who has 5 kids and fully knows the problems we have here in Dublin 15.

He stands for a party which is basically an anti-abortion version of Sinn Fein, Dublin 15, was around 77% yes. Sounds like a good guy who's tied his colours to a bad mast. I'd probably vote for him too if he stood for any other party than ReNua.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 MaryNewell

So you are not voting because of the abortion referendum that was already passed last year? Do you think, he as a councillor will be able to change that referendum result?? Are you insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

So you are not voting because of the abortion referendum that was already passed last year? Do you think, he as a councillor will be able to change that referendum result?? Are you insane?
    Strikes me as perfectly normal. There’s not a chance I’d vote for someone who seems with such opposing views to me on a major issue such as repealing the 8th. I’m sure I’m not alone. Whether he can do anything about it is irrelevant.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

If you publically represent a party that was set up as an anti-abortion rights version of Sinn Fein, then yes, I will not vote for you.

As far as I'm concerned, if someone stood for the local council representing a party that believed women should not be allowed to work, or be seen uncovered in public. I would also not vote for them. I don't care that Fingal County Council doesn't have that power, you'd still be representing a horribly misogynistic cause, and as such your public party representation has over-ridden all the other good work you may have done.

I'll be voting for him too, don't know him but have heard good things.
    His parties stance in abortion is a good enough reason for me to vote for him

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I'll be voting for him too, don't know him but have heard good things.
    His parties stance in abortion is a good enough reason for me to vote for him

Didn't take Aontu long to set up their version of the Sinn Fein Online Supporters.

https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos

blanch152 wrote: »
    Didn't take Aontu long to set up their version of the Sinn Fein Online Supporters.

Probably worth pointing out that MaryNewell has been sitebanned as a re-reg of a previously banned poster.

blanch152 wrote: »

Never voted sinn Fein in my life, too left wing and pro European for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Aontu have 6 posters for one candidate side by side at clonsilla station and a big poster with toibin and the three local candidates just beside them. There's a load more of both posters around the area as well. Seems like they have money to burn...

Never voted sinn Fein in my life, too left wing and pro European for me.

I've no problem with left wing or pro-European, however SF are one of the most Eurosceptic parties in the country, so I'm not really sure where you're getting the idea that they're pro-European. They may not be full-on "Irexit" supporters, but they're not exactly huge fans of the EU as a concept. However there are far more obvious reasons in relation to their recent history why I would never vote for them.

Zaph wrote: »
    I've no problem with left wing or pro-European, however SF are one of the most Eurosceptic parties in the country, so I'm not really sure where you're getting the idea that they're pro-European. They may not be full-on "Irexit" supporters, but they're not exactly huge fans of the EU as a concept. However there are far more obvious reasons in relation to their recent history why I would never vote for them.

IRA connections?
    Look in fairness they have moved away from violence and committed to political means.
    So I would give them credit for that.
    Some good members that do great community work

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Had the campaign 'team' of Aontu at the door in Mulhuddart earlier. The elderly woman who accompanied the youngish candidate was pretty hard core. 'Think of the little babies with 10 fingers and 10 toes' I was told when I pointed out their anti-choice stance was why they wouldn't get even a lowly transfer.
    They are 'fighting for the 33%'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Had the campaign 'team' of Aontu at the door in Mulhuddart earlier. The elderly woman who accompanied the youngish candidate was pretty hard core. 'Think of the little babies with 10 fingers and 10 toes' I was told when I pointed out their anti-choice stance was why they wouldn't get even a lowly transfer.

So?

There's nothing wrong with that.

Just don't vote for them.

Would you rather every party offered you the same thing and had the same opinion?

Excellent we have a party who the pro life community get behind and support them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

NufcNavan wrote: »
    So?

There's nothing wrong with that.

Just don't vote for them.

Would you rather every party offered you the same thing and had the same opinion?

Not at all, I've said here a year ago that I've a certain admiration for the hard-core No people and the absoluteness resoluteness of their stance.

I find the Aontu lot extremely sly though. And the 'think of the little babies with their 10 fingers...' canvasser was quite appalling.

But probably no point re-fighting a won battle, and I suspect many of the 33% that they think they are representing aren't that bothered anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This is a local election thread, the 8th amendment is a referendum item so is not on-topic here. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

So, it seems I've a vote in my mothers house and my own house, across two wards. I mentioned it to friends on the auld whatsapp and some of those also have the unexpected opportunity to vote twice.

• Advertisement

So, it seems I've a vote in my mothers house and my own house, across two wards. I mentioned it to friends on the auld whatsapp and some of those also have the unexpected opportunity to vote twice.

My son also received two polling cards,one to his own house and one to my home.
    This is happening since he moved out ten ago

Advertisement