Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great House Revival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

No track suits or trainers here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nice place but they didn't exactly maximize the potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Nice couple, very interesting family history. I LOVED their outdoor room

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Fairly boring episode.

I'm always amazed at people's surprise that their 100/200 year old roof may have a problem. Budget as if you've to replace it all, anything salvageable is then a bonus.

The window in the living room seemed tiny.... I was expecting a dermot gannon wall of glass if I'm honest :)

I wonder if the courtyard will ever get glazed, it's lovely the way it is, so long finger job I'd say.

I liked the end product, though I wasn't wowed, and I'm only expecting wow because it's on the TV.

They seemed a lovely couple and what a place to bring up children, may they have many years of happiness there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SMH. This country is a disgrace and far from what I thought it was when growing up. These poor people have it so tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Loved the outdoor room too!

Loved the outdoor room too!

I can’t think of anything more impractical. During the vast majority of the year, you’ll have all kinds of creatures running over the furniture. There’s not too many days in this country you could see yourself sitting in what’s basically a shed without the sun to give warmth. It’d wanna be some heatwave.

Bar that I liked it. The interior design was fantastic:

Thought it’d have made more sense for granny ( dunno if grandad was alive) to move into the bit they’d already done and let the family e move into the big house.....they’ll be moving in there eventually by the looks of things.

I'm watching this on +1. Shameful history of this country, that’s just glossed over.

sligeach wrote: »
    I'm watching this on +1. Shameful history.

A fate befalling conquered people all over the world unfortunately.

My heart breaks for these poor people. The hardship that they try to imagine that they're going through on this property that their family owns. The grandparents and their nightmare stories are... what normal grandparents experience and embrace.

• Advertisement

The show is a farce. If anything should be discussed, it's when they went into the history of the house, and how the Irish were treated. BS, said on show throughout, of how this couple struggled. I get that they've to make compelling and entertaining TV, but, please don't insult me or the audience. I'm not even allowed give my full honest opinion anymore.

sligeach wrote: »
    The show is a farce. If anything should be discussed, it's when they went into the history of the house, and how the Irish were treated. BS, said on show throughout, of how this couple struggled. I get that they've to make compelling and entertaining TV, but, please don't insult me or the audience. I'm not even allowed give my full honest opinion anymore.

The show is about reviving old property. He's an architect not an historian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

digzy wrote: »
    I can’t think of anything more impractical. During the vast majority of the year, you’ll have all kinds of creatures running over the furniture. There’s not too many days in this country you could see yourself sitting in what’s basically a shed without the sun to give warmth. It’d wanna be some heatwave.

Bar that I liked it. The interior design was fantastic:

Thought it’d have made more sense for granny ( dunno if grandad was alive) to move into the bit they’d already done and let the family e move into the big house.....they’ll be moving in there eventually by the looks of things.

I dont think Granny was to impressed when they all landed in to live with her for the few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Granny quickly got sick of them and kicked them out of the big house. Thought money would be better spent doing up bigger house and making a Granny flat for the Grump.

Always wonder why anyone goes on this show, what exactly do they get out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Granny quickly got sick of them and kicked them out of the big house. Thought money would be better spent doing up bigger house and making a Granny flat for the Grump.

Always wonder why anyone goes on this show, what exactly do they get out of it?

Does granny rent out the rooms?

ted1 wrote: »

Doesn’t come across as a one for Airbnb!!

ted1 wrote: »

Doesn’t come across as a one for Airbnb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

4 months??!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

FitzShane wrote: »
    4 months??!! :eek:

Marquee booked for her big party I hope haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This seems like absolute madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Are they a couple ? Cause Donncha is very camp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are they insane

Surely the other place was insured, just get contractors in the redo that place ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Where is this episode taking place? I can't find any place in Ireland called Westford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Westport

Could he use a smaller tool.... Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Why not just get the ceilings replasterd and lay new flooring over the old.

It just doesn't look like its worth the effort from the outside no matter what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

How they cut and eat pizza with a fork and knife is troubling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Could he use a smaller tool.... Ffs.

Eye goggles wouldn't go astray. Karen was scraping above her head and not wearing them.

• Advertisement

Not bad at all tbh.

Compared to Room to Improve budgets...

Advertisement