Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

grbear wrote: »
    Doesn't say much for the higher ups in the GAA that we had 10+ games last weekend, one this weekend and 11 next weekend.

Grand if you like reading a lot about Roscommon and Galway but it's not great scheduling.

I'm finding it very to get into the championship the last couple of years. I have a chance to watch the TV today and there's only some round robin hurling to see, with Galway v Roscommon on Sky. It's getting a bit like the old days where the only live championship GAA I watched was from the semi finals on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭naughto

I'm finding it very to get into the championship the last couple of years. I have a chance to watch the TV today and there's only some round robin hurling to see, with Galway v Roscommon on Sky. It's getting a bit like the old days where the only live championship GAA I watched was from the semi finals on.

Galway vrs Rossi’s is on RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

How the **** did Cox score that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭threeball

Hurling and football goalies get away with murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

How the **** did Cox score that

He may or may not have meant it, but it was a noble point tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You can pull a hand, arm or the head of a player with little sanction but by Jaysus dare you pull a jersey, shooting offense.

No games should ever be played in salthill. I’m not sure Iv ever watched a game when it hasn’t rained or had a gale force wind effecting it

Galway were controlling the first while running off the shoulder, pressing up and then reverted to type and now roscommon have taken over.

Is this the first football game on rte?? Because you can see why. Awful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Galway made two changes before game, including swapping a corner-forward for a midfielder. So essentially three across midfield and bodies back behind the ball despite having forwards that can do damage. Rory Gallagher must be salivating in the studio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah because 1 bad half of televised football means every game has been sh!te so far this year. Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Too many players on the Galway team afraid to shoot and always looking to lay it off

They’ll win this one by 5/6 points but nowhere near an AI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Pearse Stadium Salthill is arguably the worst sited GAA grounds in the country regardless of the weather.There must have been a lot of politics involved when it was built.Tuam,especially now with the new Motorway should be Galway GAA headquarters.

Galway made two changes before game, including swapping a corner-forward for a midfielder. So essentially three across midfield and bodies back behind the ball despite having forwards that can do damage. Rory Gallagher must be salivating in the studio.

Galway have been good when they've pushed up. Looked like crap for 10mins when they sat back. Hardly fermanagh like. Resorting to cliche here instead of looking at the game in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Pearse Stadium Salthill is arguably the worst sited GAA grounds in the country regardless of the weather.There must have been a lot of politics involved when it was built.Tuam,especially now with the new Motorway should be Galway GAA headquarters.

Pearse is a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Antaine O Laoi is very impressive.

Donegal v Tyrone was shown live last week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Anytime I've been in Salthill the weather has always been nice, anytime I see a game on telly there it's always the worst weather imaginable.

Anytime I've been in Salthill the weather has always been nice, anytime I see a game on telly there it's always the worst weather imaginable.

That's cos no one goes to salthill unless the sun is splitting the rocks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭kksaints

For some reason the Connaght final always seems to be a terrible match. I'm struggling to remember any ones that stand out barring Sligo's win in 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

kksaints wrote: »
    For some reason the Connaght final always seems to be a terrible match. I'm struggling to remember any ones that stand out barring Sligo's win in 2007.

2017 was a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bad enough being in Pearce but Marty commentating .... meh. Double whammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ah give over torrential rain.. Ball like a bar of soap. You'd swear every hurling or rugby game was a classic the way some of ye go on

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah because 1 bad half of televised football means every game has been sh!te so far this year. Yawn

I’ll be a first to admit my interest in football isn’t great but I love watching a good game. A fast, intense and skilful game buts let’s face it these are few and far between in football.

So much handpassing, every player behind the ball and serious lack of creativity and skill. While I don’t want Dublin winning every year they are a joy to watch as they play the game in various ways and possess the skill to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Ah give over torrential rain.. Ball like a bar of soap. You'd swear every hurling or rugby game was a classic the way some of ye go on

They could be playing in the snow with a bag of sand and it's still going to be more entertaining than rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,693 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The bits of the Ulster championship I've seen it's looked very enjoyable and not the muck it was in the recent past.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,693 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The bits of the Ulster championship I've seen it's looked very enjoyable and not the muck it was in the recent past.

"They're getting bate in the middle of the field".Tomas is a school teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

"They're getting bate in the middle of the field".Tomas is a school teacher.

He's not teaching a class now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,109 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Once again reffs copping out on Black cards.

That was a black all day long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement