Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anthony Cunnigham must have the most diverse CV of any manager in recent times. Quality coach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hopefully we can manage one point in this half against these Roscommon heavyweights.

Ah. 9 minutes injury time saved ye. 2 points is a fantastic return tbf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ref should abandon the match and have a replay
    Replay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

No comment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Deserved win for Roscommon, awful second half from Galway.

Absolutely fantastic camera work to catch the looks on the Girls face when the keeper fell on the ball.

One from each side was just brilliant - opposite emotions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Refs a clown.

Fans running on the pitch are clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Galway were 1/2 in the betting today.

Shocking value for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Replay ?

Joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

That's what they call scenes.

Really enjoyed that game and great seeing the fans getting on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Disgraceful stuff from the fans. And the TV commentators condoning it are even worse. Like watching something from 30 or 40 years ago.

Next time abandon the game, will put a fairly quick stop to that shyte.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Deserved win for Roscommon, awful second half from Galway.

Absolutely fantastic camera work to catch the looks on the Girls face when the keeper fell on the ball.

One from each side was just brilliant - opposite emotions
    Yeah it captured it perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,904 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Not impressed at all with the antics of the Roscommon players, diving, feigning injury, kicking balls away after frees given against them and all sorts of unsportsmanlike shîte. They played well and whatever but not a good advertisement for the game or their county that last 10 minutes. I’ll be backing whoever is playing them from here on in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Slattsy wrote: »
    One of, if not the single most embarrassing performance I've ever seen on a football pitch. Absolutely disgraceful.

Galway took a couple of beatings against Mayo before but that second half must be a new low, players and management should be embarrassed by that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Delighted for Roscommon, they're one of the best football counties in the country considering how small a county it is they always have good teams and always bring great support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I would be more worried about playing Roscommon in the Hyde.
    I think they could give most teams a rattle there in the Super 8's.

Yeah they could be a sticky enough opponent there, especially if they're still in with a chance by the time they get a home game(don't know what what the super 8s are scheduled this year).

They were kind of embarrassed in the Super 8s last year and shown to be well off the pace of the other top teams. They've rebounded well with this Connacht win, and it'll be interesting to see how they get on this year now, and what they've learned from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

It's not injury time,it's time added on for all the messing by the players.A fiasco of a finish.Well done Roscommon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Disgraceful stuff from the fans. And the TV commentators condoning it is even worse. Like watching something from 30 or 40 years ago.

Marty Morrissey would be excited and happy even if he was commentating on the Holocaust.

Strumms wrote: »
    Not impressed at all with the antics of the Roscommon players, diving, feigning injury, kicking balls away after frees given against them and all sorts of unsportsmanlike shîte. They played well and whatever but not a good advertisement for the game or their county that last 10 minutes. I’ll be backing whoever is playing them from here on in.
    A lot of hidden snipers in the crowd looking at the Roscommon players in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,904 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Refs a clown.

Weak as fûck, has cards in his pocket and rules to implement but zilch, contributed massively to that unsportsmanlike BS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Disgraceful stuff from the fans. And the TV commentators condoning it are even worse. Like watching something from 30 or 40 years ago.

Arrah go and ****e

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    A lot of hidden snipers in the crowd looking at the Roscommon players in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Marty having a commentating orgasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Galway are an absolutely gutless sham.
    Well done to Roscommon- great win for them.

Surely Galway should be building a team around a nucleus of corofin lads- they would be better than that team of bottle merchants.

As someone said earlier- genuinely one of the most pathetic performances I have seen in a half of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

doylefe wrote: »
    Arrah go and ****e

But, outrage!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

F'ing Marty Morrissey. No cliche must remain unspoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,334 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am delighted for the Rossies .
    I remember I said to a Rossies fan if they play like they did against Dublin in league they would win Connacht.
    Wish I put money on it now!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Oh! the humanity. How awful for you to be reminded of 30 or 40 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

jeez those Roscommon fans are lunatics if i was a Galway player I'd be making a quick beeline to the dressing rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

I am delighted for the Rossies .
    I remember I said to a Rossies fan if they play like they did against Dublin in league they would win Connacht.
    Wish I put money on it now!

They were 10/1 for Connacht.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

kevcos wrote: »
    F'ing Marty Morrissey. No cliche must remain unspoken.

I love how happy he is with himself when he uses a nickname or slang term.

He couldn't say 'rossies' enough today. Playing in Galways 'back yard'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement