Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ok so
    1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Gertie
    5. Was

We happy with this?

I was in the shower thinking about my strategy. Part of the problem is if the wolves are in 1-4 they block us.

I was trying to come with an alternative plan. 5 people are dead so 15 left.

Max numbers that can be doubled up on are 8. So everybody picks between 1-8.

I’d suggest at least one villager picks 1,2,3,4, 5 which means wolves prob have to block vote first 5. I’m trying to think how we can use that to win the prize.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I was in the shower thinking about my strategy. Part of the problem is if the wolves are in 1-4 they block us.

I’d suggest at least one villager picks 1,2,3,4, 5 which means wolves prob have to block vote first 5. I’m trying to think how we can use that to win the prize.

4 wolves means providing villagers stick to 1-5 and don't double up ourselves, the wolves can't win.

(This, btw, is all presuming we actually have the mechanics right. I can imagine the mods looking at us wondering what the hell we're doing.)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    4 wolves means providing villagers stick to 1-5 and don't double up ourselves, the wolves can't win.

(This, btw, is all presuming we actually have the mechanics right. I can imagine the mods looking at us wondering what the hell we're doing.)

This works in our favour also as if the wolves win then it means there has to be one in the first 4

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

We just stick with the 1-5. And you should win if the wolves block the first 4 and you aren't a wolf

Brendan 6 and Mary 7 anyone else can pick any number outside 1-5 thst they want really

Exactly.

Villagers know who they are. If people could confirm on thread what number they vote for then we can cover 1-4 twice (8 players). The only way wolves can win on that list is for two wolves on it. If there is one or two wolves in the 1-4 they have to vote otherwise a villager wins.

Everybody else can vote 5,6,7,8. Ideally everybody could confirm a number and we are in a no lose situation (unless two wolves are in an early number).

It’s very hard to coordinate but if it works once it should work going forward?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

We just stick with the 1-5. And you should win if the wolves block the first 4 and you aren't a wolf

Brendan 6 and Mary 7 anyone else can pick any number outside 1-5 thst they want really

I'd prefer to be higher up given I know I'm a villager and haven't a clue about the rest of youse but 6 it is I suppose

If the wolves block the first 4 I can’t be a wolf!

Problem like I said is if a wolf is in the first 4 we are giving up our gold rush chances.

Too late for my other suggestion for this GR but let’s see how this plays out.

Vote for 2 sent!

Ok so
    1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Gertie
    5. Was

We happy with this?

Am I “was” on this list?

If the wolves block the first 4 I can’t be a wolf!

Problem like I said is if a wolf is in the first 4 we are giving up our gold rush chances.

Too late for my other suggestion for this GR but let’s see how this plays out.

That's what I meant as in if they block 4 your not a wolf

Not sure on your other suggestion, I'll have a read over lunch, just in a meeting for next few mins! I've sent my PM

• Advertisement

Am I “was” on this list?

Yes Sorry, updated it later

Yes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

6 sent, have to go now bbl

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Was also wondering who was was

I’m here if needed but from reading up I should plan just vote no.8 or something

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

7 sent

Number 1 sent :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I'm around. What do I need to send?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

4 sent

Top 5 confirmation

1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Gertie
    5. Desmond

Other claims

6 - Brendan
    7 - Mary

So the top 4 votes are in. Which means if the 4 wolves block those votes then it has to go to Desmond. Unless one of those 4 is a wolf in which case it will still be blocked from village but we will have more information

• Advertisement

I voted 5

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I went for 8.

I was going to vote for Katie but a lot seem to think Ewan, I also believe he could be so happy to vote for him so we get enough votes if other people confirm they're voting for him too.

Ok so if this doesn’t work out here’s a plan for goldrush 2 later today:

2 people are assigned numbers 1-5 Everybody else votes 6 or 7

If everybody plays their part wolves can win prize. Hard to coordinate but less likely to lead to a wolf win. The 1-4 is good for actually flushing out wolves as we know there’s one in that list if we don’t win. But we can’t win gold rush if there is even one wolf in that group.

#1 Desmond , Phil
    #2 Mary , Conor
    #3 Gertie , Holly
    #4 Abigail , Brendan
    #5 Steve , Teagan
    angus , ewan Katie , Wendy vote 6 or 7 or 8

There’s 4 wolves and 10 villagers. There is more then likely at least 2 wolves on the 1-5 list which means they can only potentially vote 6 or 7. Even at that there’s a good chance a villager may forget to vote which could mean one of the earlier voters wins.

My concern is that we keep allowing wolves to block our chances.

I'll be back in an hour, gl to us, hope we find some gold

With 1-7 having confirmed they pmd their numbers in I don't really see a point in doing a higher number. Am I wrong? here in case someone realizes they messed up at the last minute and someone else needs to cover a number though

We should either get a prize or gt some more information here at the very least. Most likely a village prize for Des if he's team village

Abigail WW wrote: »
    With 1-7 having confirmed they pmd their numbers in I don't really see a point in doing a higher number. Am I wrong? here in case someone realizes they messed up at the last minute and someone else needs to cover a number though

We should either get a prize or gt some more information here at the very least. Most likely a village prize for Des if he's team village

There's no harm in doing a higher number, just in case there's a mechanic we're missing....

Killed/Dead list:

Monday
    10:01 - Derry WW killed (NRV)
    13:39 - Barbara WW killed (calamity Jane)
    15:08 - Orla WW killed (SK)
    15:22 - Eva WW killed (Doc - healer)
    21:00 - Vernon WW killed (NRV)

Tuesday
    10:00 Frank Killed ( Sheriff)

Left alive:
    10 Villagers and 4 wolves
    Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Brendan WW
    Conor WW
    Desmond WW
    Ewan WW
    Frank WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Phil WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Wendy WW

Monday Vote Results:

Vernon WW (6) - Wendy WW, Angus WW, Katie WW, Conor WW, Holly WW, Phil WW
    Desmond WW (3) - Abigail WW, Brendan WW, Tegan WW
    Brendan WW (2) - Ewan WW, Frank WW
    Ewan WW (1) - Mary WW
    Holly WW (1) - Vernon WW
    Wendy WW (1) - Gertrude WW
    Mary WW (1) - Desmond WW

Did not Vote - Steve WW

There's no harm in doing a higher number, just in case there's a mechanic we're missing....

alright going for 10!

Gotta imagine the wolves take 1-4 every time

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Ok so if this doesn’t work out here’s a plan for goldrush 2 later today:

2 people are assigned numbers 1-5 Everybody else votes 6 or 7

If everybody plays their part wolves can win prize. Hard to coordinate but less likely to lead to a wolf win. The 1-4 is good for actually flushing out wolves as we know there’s one in that list if we don’t win. But we can’t win gold rush if there is even one wolf in that group.

#1 Desmond , Phil
    #2 Mary , Conor
    #3 Gertie , Holly
    #4 Abigail , Brendan
    #5 Steve , Teagan
    angus , ewan Katie , Wendy vote 6 or 7 or 8

There’s 4 wolves and 10 villagers. There is more then likely at least 2 wolves on the 1-5 list which means they can only potentially vote 6 or 7. Even at that there’s a good chance a villager may forget to vote which could mean one of the earlier voters wins.

My concern is that we keep allowing wolves to block our chances.

This is interesting. If I get it fully you’re basically switching things around so that if a wolf doesn’t go with their pairing a villager will win. Otherwise it runs past 5 to the single number votes. Couple of things I might be missing so give me a steer here.

1. I think we need everyone around. Correct?
    2. If two wolves are paired we’ll lose I think
    3. Why do we stop pairing at 5? Presumably if we had a lock villager we could pair off pretty much everyone bar them?

(Part of my reason for asking is some 3 way groups might be possible to manage people’s availability)

Advertisement