Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ewan on Brendan
    Brendan on Des
    Conor on Vernon
    Des on Mary

Just as the 4 on goldrush to see where they voted. Interestingly Frank on Brendan who we know is the sheriff.

Brendan was also extremely defensive last night close to lynch, my concern here is if he was worried as a wolf he would have hopped on Vernon aswell but it seemed to be between him Vernon and Des so Des is a good second shout for a scared wolf to dive on in a potential close lynch vote

I'd be interested in you pointing out where I was defensive last night.

I voted Desmond about 6pm or so and didn't change.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    If wolves were seer hunting last night, then they definitely could have been going all in on Brendan wolf

Are you saying Ewan is a wolf or what are you saying? Why would wolves go all in on Brendan wolf as you call him?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I'd be interested in you pointing out where I was defensive last night.

I voted Desmond about 6pm or so and didn't change.

These posts came across as defensive particularly with your NRV reveal now being out there
    :rolleyes: Another one for the 'kill all high posters'

Christ. Do people even pay attention to anything anyone else says

But it essentially boils down to picking the most active posters on the thread.

That's ridiculous.

And btw, Ewan's fluff can't be analysed, that was my entire point of bringing up his posts.

Look at his FFA even.

And I always rail against those who do. I hate giving the lower and mid range folks such a free ride.
    So same dance, different day I guess :pac:

Then immediately after lynch you post the following which may or may not be false disappointment
    Ugh. That's a balls.

What the hell was that earlier by Gertie though?

I think it had to be done though, that mistake was gonna hang high over Vern for the rest of the game.

Then your still offended that two people voted for you.
    :confused: Frank? What I ever do to you?

Ewan's I (half) understand I guess. Still wrong.

Bold village.

I felt it was defensive particularly as an NRV. Could be wrong, feels wolfy to me though Brenzie

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    I don't understand your point here?[/quwolvesIn the game of werewolf, wolves try to kill powerful villagers with their nightkills. The easiest one to focus the attention on is the seer as the seer is the one who may try to breadcrumb information into the thread.

Night 1 they killed Derry who's only discernable read was Gertrude villager. So that could have been the reason they killed Derry. There might have been other reasons, but you have to assume that wolves will try to find the seer.

Night 2 they killed Frank. What there reasons were for doing so may remain unknown but again you have to assume that they were trying to find the seer. If they thought that frank was the seer, they may have killed him thinking that he had "peeked" Brendan as a wolf. There may be other posts out there where frank said other things, but Brendan wolf seems possible to me.

If anyone else wants to look through franks posts for reads that look like potential peeks then go for it. But the object of the game for the village is to find wolves and the wolves need to kill potential power villagers of which the seer would be one.

Thought I explained that Holly, tbh. The high poster stuff is typical lazy village tagging those with most contributions on thread. It annoys me every game that the lower echelon get a free ride for a couple of days.

I could change my style I guess but it's never gonna happen with me. :/

• Advertisement

I just can't get quotes to work right on this phone lol

I don't understand your point here?

In the game of werewolf, wolves try to kill powerful villagers with their nightkills. The easiest one to focus the attention on is the seer as the seer is the one who may try to breadcrumb information into the thread.

Night 1 they killed Derry who's only discernable read was Gertrude villager. So that could have been the reason they killed Derry. There might have been other reasons, but you have to assume that wolves will try to find the seer.

Night 2 they killed Frank. What there reasons were for doing so may remain unknown but again you have to assume that they were trying to find the seer. If they thought that frank was the seer, they may have killed him thinking that he had "peeked" Brendan as a wolf. There may be other posts out there where frank said other things, but Brendan wolf seems possible to me.

If anyone else wants to look through franks posts for reads that look like potential peeks then go for it. But the object of the game for the village is to find wolves and the wolves need to kill potential power villagers of which the seer would be one.

Hopefully this requote works

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Didn't see that reveal coming, I had been suspicious of Des, Ewan and maybe Mary but that does suddenly shine more of a light on Bren

Why do you find me Suspicious ?

You see I dont mind being considered suspicious but considering some of the other things going around at the moment, I find the reasons that people find me suspicious unusually thin.

The Gold Rush Idea has given us alot to talk about. Its probably given us our first wolf in the list of 1-4. I cant work out a way why the wolves would want this sort of public strategy that can catch them , as opposed to no strategy where nobody knows what anybody is doing in the goldrush competitition.

Brendans biggest whim against me was that I didnt point out that the big boss kills the seer:
    I dunno what to make of Des, he doesn't like being challenged at ALL. I usually attribute that to a stubborn ass villager, but him leaving out the very important point in the OP about the seer dying if they peek George - yet making a big deal over the wolf that peeks as a villager...

I'm very suspicious of Des' intentions.

Now it doesnt exactly say "kill seer" but it does hint at something deadly:

George Hearst - The mining magnate reveres his secrecy. Should anyone lay eyes on him, they will meet very deadly consequences. However, such a public outburst would leave Hearst with nowhere to hide from Deadwood's inhabitants were it to occur.

But thats really it. That's the reason Brendan found me dodgy.

Some others have found me dodgy because I left out two names when calculating who had posted a certain percentage. I clarified that I was fed up, to a degree, coming up with ideas and ways of trying to interpet the information on my own. A lot of people were spending their time shooting down my ideas but offering nothing new. If they thought I was so dodgy then maybe they should of been coming up with village friendly strategies.

And then there was people getting upset because i suggested we start rattling cages at low posters. Me being a high poster doesnt imply on any level that I am bad. But it means that I am more vulnerable and open to scrutiny. Its harder for me to hide then a person posting little to nothing of consequence. Me coming up with strategies that wolves can manipulate against me is risky. You can say it might be a wolf play, but Im here for all to see. Alot of you are hiding in the shadows so me being a high poster is better for the village then you lower posters fannying about on the edges.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

If it helps Dessy, I like you :P

Desmond WW wrote: »
    And then there was people getting upset because i suggested we start rattling cages at low posters. Me being a high poster doesnt imply on any level that I am bad. But it means that I am more vulnerable and open to scrutiny. Its harder for me to hide then a person posting little to nothing of consequence. Me coming up with strategies that wolves can manipulate against me is risky. You can say it might be a wolf play, but Im here for all to see. Alot of you are hiding in the shadows so me being a high poster is better for the village then you lower posters fannying about on the edges.

Whatever about anything else I 100% agree with Desmond on this point.

• Advertisement

Are you saying Ewan is a wolf or what are you saying? Why would wolves go all in on Brendan wolf as you call him?

About a page or so ago I did a quotes analysis on frank where I posted a multi quote of posts he made that might look like peeks that the wolves could have been looking out for. I'm on a phone myself so I can't link to it, but I'd you go back a page or two, you should find it

Brendan, if you had to do an FFA right now, who would you put on it?

Thought I explained that Holly, tbh. The high poster stuff is typical lazy village tagging those with most contributions on thread. It annoys me every game that the lower echelon get a free ride for a couple of days.

I could change my style I guess but it's never gonna happen with me. :/

Yeah you might have explained it but it still comes across as defensive and here's why.

You had a pop at someone for FFAing the top 3 posters, 1 of which Des, you voted for, the other of which was Vernon who you said yourself was going to have the failed goldrush hanging over his head and finally yourself. So it's not lazy villager stuff IMO rather you were defensive cause you were in the list with the other two.

Goldrush win is vital today for the village for a couple of different reasons.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Brendan, if you had to do an FFA right now, who would you put on it?

Ewan - I think they're the most obvious wolf on the planet. Fluff and nothing but fluff.

You, Phil - I think your reaction to my reveal is telling of someone trying to defend their wolf chum Ewan.

Third would still be Desmond - Can't shake the idea he's a wolf unfortunately. He was also a counter wagon to a lynched villager so...

But Ewan needs to go.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I don't understand your point here?[/quwolvesIn the game of werewolf, wolves try to kill powerful villagers with their nightkills. The easiest one to focus the attention on is the seer as the seer is the one who may try to breadcrumb information into the thread.

Ok, but I don't understand the going all in part. Only two votes on Desmond and one of them is a confirmed good in Frank.

Ewan - I think they're the most obvious wolf on the planet. Fluff and nothing but fluff.

You, Phil - I think your reaction to my reveal is telling of someone trying to defend their wolf chum Ewan.

Third would still be Desmond - Can't shake the idea he's a wolf unfortunately. He was also a counter wagon to a lynched villager so...

But Ewan needs to go.

Putting aside your choice of me, I find it baffling that you'd put Desmond on right now to be blunt.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Goldrush win is vital today for the village for a couple of different reasons.

An hour to go and we haven’t decided on a strategy. What’s the play folks

Personal vote is for something like yesterday, open to ideas though

Ok, but I don't understand the going all in part. Only two votes on Desmond and one of them is a confirmed good in Frank.

Check again Conor

Vernon WW (6) - Wendy WW, Angus WW, Katie WW, Conor WW, Holly WW, Phil WW
    Desmond WW (3) - Abigail WW, Brendan WW, Tegan WW
    Brendan WW (2) - Ewan WW, Frank WW
    Ewan WW (1) - Mary WW
    Holly WW (1) - Vernon WW
    Wendy WW (1) - Gertrude WW
    Mary WW (1) - Desmond WW

Did not Vote - Steve WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Is it Ewan's post where he talked about observing his prey that makes him obvious to people? I've barely noticed him since his first few posts.

Also whats going on with nobody being able to quote? everyone using their phones?

• Advertisement

Take 2

Check again Conor

Vernon WW (6) - Wendy WW, Angus WW, Katie WW, Conor WW, Holly WW, Phil WW
    Desmond WW (3) - Abigail WW, Brendan WW, Tegan WW
    Brendan WW (2) - Ewan WW, Frank WW
    Ewan WW (1) - Mary WW
    Holly WW (1) - Vernon WW
    Wendy WW (1) - Gertrude WW
    Mary WW (1) - Desmond WW

Did not Vote - Steve WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

***On Brendan

Mary WW wrote: »

Who wasn't involved yesterday that's available in an hour?

Mary WW wrote: »

I think it absolutely should be.

The village needs to be organized so two villagers don't overlap. The fact that Wendy fought that idea worries me.

Mary, can I get your read on Brendan right now?

Who wasn't involved yesterday that's available in an hour?

Technically Im still clear cause I was number 5 on GR 2. I dont mind being in the list but understand if others would prefer I wasnt.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Technically Im still clear cause I was number 5 on GR 2. I dont mind being in the list but understand if others would prefer I wasnt.

I'd day reserve list Des, if there ain't 5 others then we can stick you on again.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

But Ewan needs to go.

It’s a little remarkable that you’re finding the most suspicious player is one of the either/Ors in GR2.....which you also are.....

Especially when des was your vote last night...and now drops to number 3...in a window where Phil has maybe 15-20posts and ewan maybe the same. Now it’s not wildly inconsistent with your ffa, but it would be great if you could explain what’s changed to move people around.

I'm on so can contribute.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Yes I know. I was saying that Gertie's posts moved me from believing he'd made a mistake but being uncertain if I was right towards being fairly sure he had. His death and reveal showed me that the reason I had for being sure was wrong and so now I want to look closer at Gertie.

So me saying don't vote for him made you vote for him?

• Advertisement

I'd day reserve list Des, if there ain't 5 others then we can stick you on again.

Grand stuff.

There is one minor issue I was thinking about the Gold Rush quiz and wanted to get some thoughts.

Once we contact the winner, they will need to PM us back asap with a number from 1-30, and this number will used to select their prize from those which remain.

Why 1-30? I dont get it, why not 1-20? I was wondering if baddies got 2 or three entries maybe, but that seems a bit unfair ? I am not trying to muddy my own strategy but its bugging me.

Advertisement