Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I wonder did the wolves get a list of claimable nrvs to counter a claim fest

Reason I included my name was for clarity as it doesn't really matter as much now the SK is dead tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

NRVs should never out themselves like that. By doing so, if good, you've narrowed down the list of targets for baddies.

You've started a narrative that you're utterly unimportant, and volunteered a role claim super quickly.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Someone help me with my logic here. It does rely on me not being a wolf but I know that’s true so I’m going to run with it

Gr1:
    Mary
    Vernon
    Des
    Eva
    Conor

Gr2:
    Brendan
    Conor
    Vernon
    Ewan
    Des

From gr2 we know there’s a wolf in Brendan Conor and ewan

If Brendan or Conor are wolves it’s unlikely ewan is since he volunteered for gr2 to ensure we had coverage. Similarly if ewan is a wolf it’s unlikely Brendan or Conor are.

If Conor is a wolf and the wolves relied on a slip by Vernon in gr1 then it’s impossible for him to pick 5 in gr1 and still use that strategy.

But if he didn’t pick 5 and there was no slip he’d be caught when number 6 won the prize

So Conor is unlikely to be a wolf
    Which gives one wolf from ewan and Brendan

I don't see why its unlikely that Ewan is a wolf ?

Surely the wolves can get people into the list to try and win prizes for themselves. If they win all they have to say is that they didn't win

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    repost it :P

Oh, I don't like that at all.....

Go on....

NRVs should never out themselves like that. By doing so, if good, you've narrowed down the list of targets for baddies.

You've started a narrative that you're utterly unimportant, and volunteered a role claim super quickly.

Oh sorry did you write the book on how to play Werewolf now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

There's nothing to atop villagers going rogue and picking unassigned numbers. In fact, I think for future sessions we shouldn't assign people to numbers. All we're doing is showing the wolves where the villagers are picking. I think in a task like this, wolves having very little information is far better than them having lots of it. And it's very very unlikely that we're going to get all 5 villagers in the top 5 pick list

By the way, I absolutely hate players that say NRVs are utterly unimportant. Because it's bullsh1t.

Shows a basic lack of understanding of the game to be honest and an over reliance on roled players to dig people out of holes.

Praytell Phil, you were also criticising Eva iirc for outing as the Doc yesterday.

Sorry we don't all add up to your perfect play.

Or am I just closing the net on your wolf buddy Ewan I wonder...

I don't see why its unlikely that Ewan is a wolf ?

Surely the wolves can get people into the list to try and win prizes for themselves. If they win all they have to say is that they didn't win

Read what I actually wrote- if Brendan or Conor are wolves then a wolf ewan shouldn’t volunteer. If they’re village then a wolf ewan does volunteer. It’s an either/or

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Reason I included my name was for clarity as it doesn't really matter as much now the SK is dead tbh.

Well you included A name. Whether its your name or not, time will tell :)

There's nothing to atop villagers going rogue and picking unassigned numbers. In fact, I think for future sessions we shouldn't assign people to numbers. All we're doing is showing the wolves where the villagers are picking. I think in a task like this, wolves having very little information is far better than them having lots of it. And it's very very unlikely that we're going to get all 5 villagers in the top 5 pick list

Wendy your posts this morning are troubling me greatly

• Advertisement

Read what I actually wrote- if Brendan or Conor are wolves then a wolf ewan shouldn’t volunteer. If they’re village then a wolf ewan does volunteer. It’s an either/or

My point is, is that I don't necessarily agree with what you wrote :)

By the way, I absolutely hate players that say NRVs are utterly unimportant. Because it's bullsh1t.

Shows a basic lack of understanding of the game to be honest and an over reliance on roled players to dig people out of holes.

Praytell Phil, you were also criticising Eva iirc for outing as the Doc yesterday.

Did I criticize Eva for outing as Doc? I wasn't even online when it happened, and my memory is I haven't made comment on it either.

Snark, btw, is going to get you absolutely nowhere here. If anything, it's going to dig your hole a bit quicker....

Oh, that's not just me then? That's a relief....

Because you're a wolf and I'm trying to win the game for the village. Yes, if I was in your position as a wolf, that would trouble me greatly

My point is, is that I don't necessarily agree with what you wrote :)

Explain the flaw in my logic so. I’ve put it in simple steps and included my assumptions.

Did I criticize Eva for outing as Doc? I wasn't even online when it happened, and my memory is I haven't made comment on it either.

Snark, btw, is going to get you absolutely nowhere here. If anything, it's going to dig your hole a bit quicker....

Ah, apologies on that - it was Angus, your avatars are similar. :o

I just hate when players call NRVs unimportant. A single NRV can solve the game for the village, they are not unimportant.

As Gertrude said, all villager lives matter.

Well take your scenario where you say that we might have a wolf, Ewen in the list from 1-4

Do you know what, I'm going to stop this train of thought right here.

The assigned numbers does work. I was thinking of a 5 wolf wolf team

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Okay everyone, I’ve reread everything I quickly went over last night and have a few thoughts.

Perhaps I should explain as it’s been said a couple of times and while I was catching up I was ready to explain this to Vernon who brought it up first. RIP Vern. I threw an idea out for goldrush, there wasn’t a lot of traffic on thread at the time and I believed it was random and fair. I said I wouldn’t be available today but am for both over the next two days indefinitely.

Hell it wasn’t a complete bust anyway, we now know for a fact at least one of the top 4 is a wolf and that’s something the seer can look into and leave us breadcrumbs for without revealing themselves.

If anyone has a better idea for today then I’m all ears?.

Lynch tonight should be interesting, So going by those 4 we have Brendan, Mary and Conor as possible wolves? I have a few suspicions of my own, I need a large cup of coffee and another read over to gather more detail but I’ll be a lot more active today and will share my thoughts shortly.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Didn't see that reveal coming, I had been suspicious of Des, Ewan and maybe Mary but that does suddenly shine more of a light on Bren

Explain the flaw in my logic so. I’ve put it in simple steps and included my assumptions.

I was wrong and thinking wrong and I'd like to pull out right now :)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Vote results:

Vernon WW (6) - Wendy WW, Angus WW, Katie WW, Conor WW, Holly WW, Phil WW
    Desmond WW (3) - Abigail WW, Brendan WW, Tegan WW
    Brendan WW (2) - Ewan WW, Frank WW
    Ewan WW (1) - Mary WW
    Holly WW (1) - Vernon WW
    Wendy WW (1) - Gertrude WW
    Mary WW (1) - Desmond WW

Did not Vote - Steve WW

Ewan on Brendan
    Brendan on Des
    Conor on Vernon
    Des on Mary

Just as the 4 on goldrush to see where they voted. Interestingly Frank on Brendan who we know is the sheriff.

Brendan was also extremely defensive last night close to lynch, my concern here is if he was worried as a wolf he would have hopped on Vernon aswell but it seemed to be between him Vernon and Des so Des is a good second shout for a scared wolf to dive on in a potential close lynch vote

Because you're a wolf and I'm trying to win the game for the village. Yes, if I was in your position as a wolf, that would trouble me greatly

Ah Wendy, aren’t you going to at least try to dance a little before letting the mask slip.

Go on so, let’s have you make a case.....

Gertrude, if you're a new player, you are allowed to change your vote when you realise that you are wrong :)

Ah Wendy, aren’t you going to at least try to dance a little before letting the mask slip.

Go on so, let’s have you make a case.....

Keep reading lol

I was thinking along the lines of wolves being able to cover all 5 slots. I was mistaken

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Can't find Phil doing any criticizing of Eva yesterday chief.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Keep reading lol

I was thinking along the lines of wolves being able to cover all 5 slots. I was mistaken

And what, even if they could cover all 5 slots the strategy wouldn't change massively other than to allocate an extra number!

Anyone in gold rush yesterday should be out of first 5 today, I'd also suggest leaving Wendy out too

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ewan on Brendan
    Brendan on Des
    Conor on Vernon
    Des on Mary

Just as the 4 on goldrush to see where they voted. Interestingly Frank on Brendan who we know is the sheriff.

Brendan was also extremely defensive last night close to lynch, my concern here is if he was worried as a wolf he would have hopped on Vernon aswell but it seemed to be between him Vernon and Des so Des is a good second shout for a scared wolf to dive on in a potential close lynch vote

If wolves were seer hunting last night, then they definitely could have been going all in on Brendan wolf

Keep reading lol

It was technically possible when the SK was alive.

I say technically, as the OP has no mention of a shared backroom, which makes me think they couldn't communicate.

Holly WW wrote: »
    And what, even if they could cover all 5 slots the strategy wouldn't change massively other than to allocate an extra number!

Anyone in gold rush yesterday should be out of first 5 today, I'd also suggest leaving Wendy out too

Like I've said since yesterday, I can't commit to the times for gold rush so I am out anyways.

I was mis thinking the strategy completely, partly through a miscount on the numbers and partly through a misunderstanding of the strategy and as stated, I have bailed out on this train of thought

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

If wolves were seer hunting last night, then they definitely could have been going all in on Brendan wolf

I don't understand your point here?

Advertisement