Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Grand stuff.

There is one minor issue I was thinking about the Gold Rush quiz and wanted to get some thoughts.

Once we contact the winner, they will need to PM us back asap with a number from 1-30, and this number will used to select their prize from those which remain.

Why 1-30? I dont get it, why not 1-20? I was wondering if baddies got 2 or three entries maybe, but that seems a bit unfair ? I am not trying to muddy my own strategy but its bugging me.

Ah wait, its 1-30 in prizes, ok my bad . . . PLease discard

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Okay so my read so far on things:

Brendan - I have to agree with what the others have said. Also making a village claim when the heat was on him is a bit suss.

Ewan - Frank made a point of Ewan and Brendan being part of a team and how they voted in the lynch last night. Both are going against each other but I think this is a team tactic. Frank questioned it and now he’s dead?

Wendy - I cant say much on this but if you reread over the last couple of days pages there is reason to suspect Wendy of being a wolf. Also today trying to change the goldrush mechanics and when questioned on it, said she wouldn’t be available.

Desmond - I believe Desmond is good, after going over everything I don’t believe he is a wolf.

I’m also here for both goldrush

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I think it absolutely should be.

The village needs to be organized so two villagers don't overlap. The fact that Wendy fought that idea worries me.

Mary, can I get your read on Brendan right now?

Likely a wolf. If he’s not ewan is. Both are unlikely to be

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

This is my very quick opinion as I'm super busy at work and will be until later in the afternoon.

These are just my opinions, nothing more, nothing less.

Steve - didn't vote and didn't contribute much. I think isn't a wolf as they seem pretty organised and he'd be saying something.
    Wendy WW - I honestly think she isn't a wolf. The way she's spoken, the offense she's taken and just the way she interacts tells me she's enjoying the game and nothing more, doesn't have an ulterior motive (I know I voted for her but that was before my mistake was realised by myself yesterday).
    Angus - I'm not decided on this. Sometimes I think could be a wolf, other times not so on the fence. Is a possible for me but no strong feelings.
    Katie - I think she is a wolf but not the brains behind the organizing
    Conor - Could be, leaning more towards is but not sure still.
    Holly - again on the fence, leaning more towards sin't but not certain.
    Phil - Fairly certain he isn't a wolf, enough that I wouldn't vote for him unless some sort of proof came up
    Abigail - could be but doesn't seem to have the nounce about her, but could be wrong
    Brendan - I'm in the safe camp here, I don't think he is one at all
    Tegan - Not seen enough to have an opinion either way
    Ewan - I think he is a wolf but more convinced on Katie
    Mary - I'd like to think she isn't but seems to be the only one I have an inkling for with the brains to organise the wolves, so while not convince so wouldn't vote today for her, if she is she's the organizer, the one who seems to be in the know, the one asking the right questions, the questions I'd ask if I was a wolf, she's playing the game I would if I was a wolf, perfectly. but maybe that's just coincidence
    Desmond - I was suspicious at first but I think he's pretty safe.

So my top 3 would be:

Katie
    Ewan
    Mary

With mary being the brains behind it all.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Okay so my read so far on things:

Brendan - I have to agree with what the others have said. Also making a village claim when the heat was on him is a bit suss.

Ewan - Frank made a point of Ewan and Brendan being part of a team and how they voted in the lynch last night. Both are going against each other but I think this is a team tactic. Frank questioned it and now he’s dead?

Wendy - I cant say much on this but if you reread over the last couple of days pages there is reason to suspect Wendy of being a wolf. Also today trying to change the goldrush mechanics and when questioned on it, said she wouldn’t be available.

Desmond - I believe Desmond is good, after going over everything I don’t believe he is a wolf.

How come you didn't vote on the Lynch yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Mary WW wrote: »

Coolio.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Wolves are role hunting so it stands to reason Hearst is trying to entice a peek, wolf for seer is a good trade if your on team evil.

As a seer, what would your strategy be, peek the high posters to try and see who can be trusted etc if you've no clear suspicions? I'm not sure but Brendan posting high and his "reveal" this morning is certainly having an impact on potential peek targets!

Conor WW wrote: »
    How come you didn't vote on the Lynch yesterday?

I was in work yesterday, I only got to come on on my lunch and break and there wasn’t a group consensus on who we were voting for when I was on my break and as I hadn’t been on, didn’t have a good read on anyone so wouldn’t have been fair to vote.

I will be voting tonight though.

Ok, do we have a strategy and names as necessary for gold rush?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Rushing as I'm going to be busy now with other stuff for the afternoon:

Mary, I've been on Ewan and Des since yesterday, you can check my FFAs and other posts.

Phil's reaction this morning lit up my radar as classic soft defending, hence him going straight onto my FFA.

Be back later

• Advertisement

“Miss Alice Isringhausen - Every second night from Night 0, the soft-spoken, cunning secret agent can seduce a target into forgetting what their role in Deadwood is. As a result, any due power or action from her target will be blocked. Her block also gives her the ability to expel villagers from any behind-the-scenes quarters they may be plotting in with other villagers“

Sorry I can’t quote on mobile. Will this be happening tonight then? The wolves could have killed Frank in the munch this morning if they suspected him of being the seer and then use this power tonight on their next suspect?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I was in work yesterday, I only got to come on on my lunch and break and there wasn’t a group consensus on who we were voting for when I was on my break and as I hadn’t been on, didn’t have a good read on anyone so wouldn’t have been fair to vote.

I will be voting tonight though.

Reads a bit like looking for a bandwagon and then playing safe when you couldn't see one.

Here is a question so, should the Vig shoot Brendan and then come out ?

I am not saying they should, but we think that one of Conor, Ewan and Brendan is a wolf (cause of GR2). Again, i stress think. If Brendan is a wolf and the Vig shoots then we stand a better chance in the GR games this afternoon and the Vig could at least be in the GR list?!

If Brendan isn't a wolf then we go after either Conor or Ewan tonight ?

Downside to VIG is obviously that means no more bullets and if Brendan is good its a savage blow to the village.

The only reason I am asking this is because the benefits if he is a wolf are big with the GR game coming up. It means we only need 3 good villagers (not 4) m one of them can be our vig (with no bullets).

Its just an idea. .

“Miss Alice Isringhausen - Every second night from Night 0, the soft-spoken, cunning secret agent can seduce a target into forgetting what their role in Deadwood is. As a result, any due power or action from her target will be blocked. Her block also gives her the ability to expel villagers from any behind-the-scenes quarters they may be plotting in with other villagers“

Sorry I can’t quote on mobile. Will this be happening tonight then? The wolves could have killed Frank in the munch this morning if they suspected him of being the seer and then use this power tonight on their next suspect?

This makes Brendans reveal all the more damaging. Alice has one less NRV to not waste her power on. .

Here is a question so, should the Vig shoot Brendan and then come out ?

I am not saying they should, but we think that one of Conor, Ewan and Brendan is a wolf (cause of GR2). Again, i stress think. If Brendan is a wolf and the Vig shoots then we stand a better chance in the GR games this afternoon and the Vig could at least be in the GR list?!

If Brendan isn't a wolf then we go after either Conor or Ewan tonight ?

Downside to VIG is obviously that means no more bullets and if Brendan is good its a savage blow to the village.

The only reason I am asking this is because the benefits if he is a wolf are big with the GR game coming up. It means we only need 3 good villagers (not 4) m one of them can be our vig (with no bullets).

Its just an idea. .

Wait, was the sheriff our vig?

Ok I might take a step back from here. I’m not on my game today.

I will be in list 1-5 if needed but suggest somehody gets the numbers together.

Ok, do we have a strategy and names as necessary for gold rush?

Phil
    Steve
    Des
    I can go on there aswell

Anyone else not on yesterday's top 4 even around for the next hour?

Holly WW wrote: »

I'm available until 1 but have an interview at 1 so will be missing for an hour then back then another interview so in and out.

I'm available until 1 but have an interview at 1 so will be missing for an hour then back then another interview so in and out.

Ok so
    1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Gertie
    5. Was

We happy with this?

Wait, was the sheriff our vig?

Ok I might take a step back from here. I’m not on my game today.

I will be in list 1-5 if needed but suggest somehody gets the numbers together.

Oh jesus, I too was playing under the assumption Frank was seer, not vig. lol whoops.

Unforuntately, that unclears you a bit on my list though :pac:

• Advertisement

You can send at 12.30 and if your back on at 2ish to let us know if you won

You can send at 12.30 and if your back on at 2ish to let us know if you won

Ok, will do

Ok so
    1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Gertie
    5. Des

We happy with this?

Should be Des not Was

Wait, did Steve not say he wasn't around for today, but was for the next two days?

Working off this Phil

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I'm here for next 20 mins or so.

What number do you want me on

Right, I was working off....
    I said I wouldn’t be available today but am for both over the next two days indefinitely.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Reads a bit like looking for a bandwagon and then playing safe when you couldn't see one.

Just got on the computer, figure it will make things easier.

Not at all Conor, I made it clear from early on yesterday that I would be in work so I didn't have my head in the game. That isn't going to happen today rest assured

I’m around but was in GR1 yesterday. Happy to contribute but it’s for others to make the call

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    Right, I was working off....

Apologies if that wasn't clear, I was saying that I said that yesterday. So I wasn't available then but am today and tomorrow all day :)

Advertisement