Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redoctober

Thanks guys. Yes i think it was that i had input the auto timer a few times creating multiple timers thereby creating clashes. I've done a bit of cleaning up in the timer menu and after a reboot that seems to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Anyone know new frequency for Now 70s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

11082 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bootser

Quick question on this box, thinking of buying one from Holland(bout €150) so it will arrive with an EU plug. Is the plug a built in adaptor or could I cut off the 2 pin plug and replace?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

builtin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Where's that from? I'm on the lookout for any deals also.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bootser

Postage to Ireland seems to add about €17 to the €130, but looks like it will deliver no problem.

Would prefer to avoid adaptors if possible but...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I posted a video in the "Would a complete layman..." thread, where this snap on type of adapter is recommended for safety.

https://www.satworld.ie/2-pin-to-3-pin-plug-adapter-eu-to-irl-uk.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Bear in mind that's the price without any HDD or SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That won't work in this case as it's a block power supply with a built in plug, not a 2 pin EU type plug

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭dermo2014

I got it for 159 euro delivered including 500 gig ssd from World Of Satellite at the £99 price.

It's gone up to £109 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Hi..my Trivar box is playing up again and I need to update, I've been watching this thread and this box seems to be all sing and dancing. Is there any issues with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ZMOONY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Hi it's having issues starting up, sometimes 3 reboots. The EPG loads intermittently and it's about 7 years old and looking for a new box

Storage full?

No I keep the SSD less than a quarter full and then I delete it.

I meant more like the root partition /dev/mmcblk0...somethingorother but long shot ye

what does 'df' say at the command line?

My one is at 37% and I barely installed anything, so its possible.

root@zgemmah7:~# df
    Filesystem      1K-blocks   Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mmcblk0p8     1037616  356156  610704 37% /
    devtmpfs        190200     4  190196  0% /dev
    tmpfs            64     0    64  0% /media
    /dev/mmcblk0p1      3050    18   3032  1% /boot
    tmpfs          513956   5224  508732  1% /var/volatile
    none          513956     0  513956  0% /dev/shm
    /dev/sda1      979531780  8481732 921218816  1% /media/hdd
    /dev/sda1      979531780  8481732 921218816  1% /export/movie
    tmpfs          513956   5224  508732  1% /export/tmp
    root@zgemmah7:~# 

• Advertisement

Can you tell me how I would access the above on a Trivar box

Triviar is same as zgemma as in openatv or openvix or so right? In this case easiest is the openwebif plugin and its 'terminal'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

A quick check for you to make sure you are not wasting your time with software troubleshooting.

Take the lid off the box , have a look at the 7 or 8 capacitors on the main circuit board. Are the tops of them swollen and/or leaking gunk ?

If so the box is toast , chuck it and stop wasting time with it.

Pictures of swollen caps are in the link below

I had a Tiviar which worked fine for about 5 years , then a Zgemma H7S with internal hard drive , then through jealousy from reading about them on here , a Zgemma H7S with back slot for an SSD hard drive.

All 3 of them died with swollen caps.

Decided that in this case , buying cheap is buying twice ( in my case 3 or 4 times ) so bought a VU+ box. I checked , and a VU+ box is not manufactured in a country where their formula for capacitor electrolyte was stolen. ( See link )

Note: My Tiviar and Zgemmas both showed the same instability that you are seeing now.

I did think it was the hard drive or hard drive controller until the caps became obviously swollen.

There was nothing wrong with the hard drive , in fact the same hard drive is working fine in my VU+ box , hard drive is in a rear loaded tray with a handle. A WD blue 1TB.

Post edited by andy1249 on

Grrr, tried tuning in Earthx. Thats all I did was a tune.

And now Epg won't load or display properly. And It missed recordings.

B*tch.

Drives me nuts when stuff does stupid sh1t for near no reason. Probably quicker to reset box than try and figure out whats wrong.

Never do a factory reset as it can balls up other things.

I would only do a reflash if on very old image.

Depends if you rescanned 1 tp or the whole sat to lose your epg

https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=EarthxTV+HD

Image is Jan24.

I always reset the box. I've spent hours trying to fix stuff in the past.

Fierce annoying how easy it is to upset these sometimes. Not my box which makes it worse.

You will be told by others Not to reset boxes.

Not sure what image is on box , where is epg getting saved to and if AutoBouquetMaker is used.

I learnt most of what I know about these boxes and enigma 2 from reading posts on here and on the WOS forums where I bought my boxes before brexit.

From day one , the key idea is to use autobouquetmaker for automatic tuning and to set up your favourites.

This I have always done.

If a channel moves , it stops working from my favourites , but will have been re-tuned at 3:30am by Autobouquetmaker , and its just a question of finding it in the other bouquets and copying new for old into my favourites.

When Autobouquetmaker runs at 3:30am , it wipes the previous tunings to replace them with the latest , so If I try to do a manual tune , then depending on exactly how that manual tune is done I might end up wiping the EPG , until autobouquetmaker does its thing again at 3:30 am !

The way mine is setup , if a channel goes missing , I run autobouquetmaker , which can be done at any time by going into it and selecting download now , it only takes a few minutes.

If I re-set the box , then its going to take the best part of the day to get back to where I was set-up wise.

There is a lot to do when setting up from scratch.

FTR , I dont bother with EarthX , it is not in my favourites, but it is there and working fine under the FTA HD Bouquet.

Drives me nuts when stuff does stupid sh1t for near no reason.

Those boxes are not 100% plugnplay they are powerful and flexible but require a bit of getting into. As in understanding how they work. 'Stupid sh1t for no reason' often means I didnt bother doing that but expect it to work anyway. Thats not me trying to be 'smart' thats just how it is. Been there often enough myself.

On top of that EarthX will actually require a bit of extra tinkering.

Typically new or changed channels you just do a general box update and then a satellite channel rescan and then re-run 'autobouqetsmaker'. If it's all set up right to start with thats all it takes. I did a quickstart guide a couple of pages back explaining how to set it up right.

Autobouqetsmaker is a 'plugin' and its part of the channel scanning process. Its job is to order all the channels revealed in the satellite scan and it can do the ordering in one of three different ways - you pick which way you want. The 'FreeSAT' way, the 'Sky UK' way and the 'Sky Ireland' way.

The problem with EarthX is that it's not in either of those three packages. It's sort of a loose channel of which there are quite a few. Meaning a new scan will discover it and have it in your master channel list, but it wont appear in your bouquets (EPG) automatically. Autoboquetsmaker will probably have it in 'All channels' in such a case but not 100% sure.

I just had a look in webif and the channel is there. So you can create a manual bouquet for such 'loose channels' - call it 'Others' or whatever - and then add EarthX to that. This is best done in webif, check out the guide for that too.

In webif go to Extras/BouqetEditor. In the top left section pick 'Satellites' tab then highlight 28.2E Astra Services. Then in the section below that scroll to find EarthXTV HD. Over on the other side you see your current box bouquets. Click Add Bouquet and give it a name then highlight it. Then back on the left bottom highlight EarthX and click Add Selection to bouquet. Voila. Next time you open EPG its right there in your new bouquet.

I dont see anything on it right now though. Just black screen. And I dont seem to get any EPG data for it either. Is that because it changed since I last did a full satellite scan? I dont know. It seems bit of a specialty channel and they probably dont have 24 hours stuff on it.

But this is probably how you do it. I say 'probably' cos I typically just go with standard FreeSAT and havent really used 'loose channels' myself before. But I just did it this way and it absolutely didnt mess up anything, my EPG is still perfect and no complaints from the box

Post edited by CalamariFritti on

• Advertisement

@CalamariFritti

I set mine up when Channel 4HD was still not on the Freesat or Sky EPG's , so it had to be set up to grab that channel and put it in a bouquet at that time.

Screenshot below from my webif , and EarthXHD shows up in Sky UK FTA HD bouquet as you can see.

To do this , I have the " providers " ordered as shown on the left , that's all there is to it.

I didnt create that Sky UK FTA HD bouquet , it just showed up when I added BskyB as a provider.

Advertisement