Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Something is wrong with only getting 720 and as Gerry mentioned Dish might have moved.

How old is dish and lnb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

Its possible the dish is slightly out or the lnb needs a tweak. Use signal finder to see if you are getting an actual signal. here is the frequency

10817 Vertical

23000 SYMBOL

FEC 3/4

If no signal then you need to access dish and have someone watch signal finder. It takes a few secs for signal to go from dish to box so pull dish and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Using similar instructions to above post, see if you can scan this TP

If you cant find this 10818 V 23000 3/4 setting let us know and we'll talk you through adding it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 irebrayton

I have found that setting but when I scan it, I get “0 channels found”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

OK this is getting worrying. Are you certain it says 10818 V 23000 3/4 as shown above and is finding nothing? 10818 is one of the stronger signals. Go to the top of that Manual Scan page and select Tuner B and try a scan again. If that still finds nothing, move down to where it says NETWORK SCAN and set it to YES. This will take perhaps 10-15 minutes or so to scan. It should find ~830 channels. If not can you borrow a known working box from someone and try it on your dish. If another box wont work then you know there is a problem with your dish. Alternatively bring your box to a friends house with a known working dish (NOT SKY Q) and try it there. This will show if the box has a problem.

• Advertisement

Please see image below. (Don’t know why it’s gone sideways)

I have tried tuner B & setting network scan to YES and still getting 0 channels found on that frequency

I have also checked the signal on the tuners

please see below

Tuner A:

Tuner B:

Tuner C:

You are nearly there but can you access the dish? It may be too high so if you cant access no point in going any further.

Have you 2 sat cables going to the box. There is a signal on 10714 on Tuner A but blank on B.

Go to user predefined and toggle with arrow to make it user defined and if you get a signal you can then change 10714 to 10818.

This is a pic of the details you need to have in signal finder on tuner A to get 10818 etc. If its blank then its a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭egal

What buttons do I press to download Free sat channels? Do I have to do this for each satellite tuner?

No, what you do is 1. make sure tuners are configured for 28EAST and say simple. For saorview make sure its dtt and country ireland and then you region, green button to save.

Then forget about freesat, what you want is ALL the fta channels on ASTRA 28 EAST, to do that you have to configure autobouquetmaker. so its as per pic 1.

then you set providers as per pic 2

then you need to hide useless sections so go to hide sections pic 3

then green to save and then start scan

Now you will have all your channels

NB I will tell you about epg later, hurling on tg4

• Advertisement

Sat signal is very low on 28.2

This is on Vu Solo 2 in Dublin

are you on the wrong thread?? since when is 100% low😜

Thanks so far. Ready for epg information when you are. Thanks again. Oh, and is there a way to delete a station from the list? I noticed an "Adult" station as I was browsing even though I selected Hide Adult stations during set up.

1. To delete a channel go to it, make sure the banner is on the channel, press menu and select remove entry.
    2. For the epg you have to go menu settings epg og under settings make sure epg location is hdd and not internal flash, then green to save and it goes back a page, down to opendownloader, ok set to enable, look at line for intervals i have it as 24 but it starts from current time, set it to 3 and green then exit.
    3. EPG should now update but if not check back .

Press epg and you should have a nice layout.

I foirgot what skin you are using

Thanks. As for skin, I don't know. Thanks again, Swoofer, you've been incredibly helpful to this novice.

And Gerry Wickow. I forgot to mention him. He's a gem too.

I'm afraid that for delete channel didn't work. There was no "delete entry" in the list.

Remove = delete

I can't get at the tv right now but as far as I can recall there was no "remove" either.

Might you have to be on that channel and press menu?

• Advertisement

It seems if I press the ^ on the circular button in the centre of the remote and then press the menu button the list containing Remove Entry appears. I hope deleted channels don't reappear when the box is switched on again as was the case with someone in another place. Now, is there some way I can see a list of the programmes I have set to record?

And, is there a way to skip forward through recordings at (say) one minute or two minutes at a time or is it just Fast Forward?

On Openvix press the green button to bring up list of set recordings and you will get the list of waiting and ones recorded .

Blue button to clear old used recordings.

Yes to skip through the recording for adds use 3 , 6 , 9 buttons for forward and 1 , 4 , 7 for rewind.

FILELIST button on remote when you are finished viewing press the RED button to DELETE

+ go into the Icon of Trash can = Deleted items

Scroll down and DELETE with red button and yes empties the trash and getting space back on Hdd.

I might suggest in Using AutoBouquetMaker and use your channel lists in there.

If you have ABM to run daily deleted channels return

Many thanks for that. One more question. Sometimes at the bottom right of the screen I see the letters ABC some coloured some not. What do these signify?

Do a screenshot of it as it might be tuners A B C and telling you what is in use to view or recording and whats free.

Also skins on box do different things as hide things on some and see more on others.

Thanks again.

How do I check if ABM is set to run daily?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A and B are the two satellite tuners, C is the terrestrial tuner. They're white if not in use, green if it's the channel you're watching at the time and yellow if they're being used to record something on a different tuner to the one you're watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Menu>Setup>Tuners & Scanning>AutoBouquetsMaker>Schedule scan and use left right arrow keys to select Yes or No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 DK1981

Hi all,

Enjoy reading all the threads about satellite tv. I have some complete beginners questions which perhaps has been covered before. I purchased a Zgemma from WOS last week but made a pretty obvious error. As it is a triple tuner it obviously needs three cables going in to it ( 2 satellite and 1 aerial) - i actually only have 2. ( one satellite and one aerial). Is it a big job to get the third cable in - can the existing satellite cable be split or will i need to get another cable ran from the dish? ( i would not be able to do either, just wondering what i should ask off an installer).

second issue is the epg ( perhaps discussed to death) but i cannot get 7 day epg for some channels ( cnn hd, cnbd hd, w plus 1 and a few others) - i do have 7 day epg for channel 4 hd.

the box didnt come with crossepg but efg downloader - but i cannot get it to get those channels.

also i wouldnt mind putting on picons and few other skins - where do i actually download these from?

( box isnt networked)

thanks

Advertisement