Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You cant easily split a satellite cable between two tuners. The tuner needs to send a control signal up to the dish, so two tuners on one cable would clash. If you have a very old dish, it is possible the LNB on the dish arm only has one output and would thus need to be replaced. Have a look where the cable joins the LNB and see if there are extra connection points. LNBs are cheap and the installer can easily fit the right LNB while running a second cable.

I'm not familiar with EPG downloader. I normally use CrossEPG to download the 7 day data. It may already be installed but not configured.

Although not essential for the box to work, connecting it to your home network adds a lot more functionality. You will need to connect it, even temporarily, to be able to download and install Picons, skins and other Plugins as reqd.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭egal

Thanks, Alun. My problem is to do with deleting unwanted channels. No matter what I do they keep coming back. How can I delete them permanently, or if that's not possible, block them using Parental Control?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DK1981

Thanks very much.

I actually plugged in the lan cable there now - had a long cable. I managed to get the EPG working ( it was called EPG importer - not downloader, my mistake).

also got some picons on and a new Blue HD skin - so happy enough.

Just on the double tuner v triple tuner piece - what is the loss of functionality if i don't get the second satellite cable sorted -i know it something to do with recording and watching but not sure exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you run ABP every day, they'll keep coming back, that's kind of what it does :) I can only suggest you disable the scheduled running of ABP and just run it manually when anything changes, i.e. a channel disappears, and delete any unwanted channels when you do this.

You can create custom bouquets of your favourites only, but the unwanted channels will still be there in one or more of the automatically created bouquets.

If you want to record one satellite channel while watching another, you will need the second tuner.

Also, if you have it connected to your home network, it would be possible for you to watch/record one satellite channel while someone else watches another on a phone or tablet on your home network.

• Advertisement

Not necessarily. If the two channels are on the same transponder such as ITV 1 HD and Channel 4 HD then you can watch one and record the other

I'm well aware of that thanks, but I don't want to bamboozle a new owner with complexities.

As far as I can see ABM is not set to run at all but I still can't get rid of the unwanted channels. So, I thought I'd try a different tack - Parental Control.

I can get as far as entering a Passcode but I can't see any sign of a Black List or a White List as mentioned in the manual. What am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

egal do this for me,

1. MENU INFORMATION ABOUT, now look for image and write down what it says, eg 6.3.007 release, then at very bottom it will show skin, eg Youvixblue(1920) write down what it says

2.MENU SETUP EPG SETTINGS , 3RD LINE DOWN EPG LOCATION, should say /media/hdd, write down what is says

3.MENU SETUP TUNERS AND SCANNING AUTOBOUQUETSMAKER CONFIGURE, SCHEDULE SCAN SHOULD SHOW NO, NOT YES, IF YES TOGGLE TO NO AND GREEN TO SAVE, EXIT OUT

Parental control is only for bouquets, waste of time.

Post back

Thanks, swoofer, for your interest. I can't get to the tv right now. I'll have that info for you tomorrow. Thanks again.

• Advertisement

be quick i wont be around much longer.

Information as requested;

6.3.002 (Release)

Simple_Ten_Eighty (1920X1080)

EPG location: Internal Flash

Nb change epg to hdd immediately , autobouquets check

EPG changed to HDD. Autobouquets no scan scheduled. Is that right?

Yes there is no longer a need to run ABM nightly and it can muck up bouquets. NB Check on that epg location it MUST NEVER say internal FLASH.

The image is bang up to date. The latest is 6.3.007 but don't mess updating yet. You may get a green blinking blob on panel telling you a later image is available just ignore.

The skin you are using is liked but I want you to try the one I put on boxes and you can always go back.

go menu setup user interface skin selection youvixblue press ok say yes and GUI restarts.

Now those channels you removed should have stayed removed as ABM did not run so check.

For bouquets you really want them to look like this. see pic

What you do then is move all the channels that you watch regularly into the favourites folder. saorview and sat and they appear on same epg. see pic

By adding your channels into favourites they are not lost if you run ABM. Also by having favourites at top and using alternative numbering you can change channels by using numbers on remote eg 1 press ok and so on. quicker.

To add channels when on a channel go ok arrow up menu and select move mode. NB make sure to deselect when done. Move applies to bouquets as well..

That's it you are all set. if do try any changes take a before and after screenshot and best of all write it down.

Thanks again, swoofer, for all your help. I'll try all your suggestions tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again.

And have a good read back of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Hats off to swoofer for being so very helpful - a great example of the best type of poster here.

Indeed! Thanks again, swoofer. The deleted channels are gone and haven't come back. That's basically what I wanted. However I can see the advantage of setting my most watched channels in the Favourites list but I can't seem to find that Move Mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭andy1249

The easiest and quickest way to do this is to use the Webif function.

On any web browser , type the iP address of your box into the address bar.

The webif interface will pop up.

On the left hand side, look for bouquet editor

This will open a four way window

Take your favourite channels from the left , and with the favourites bouquet selected on the right , click the " add channel to bouquet " button.

Once you have the favourites bouquet full of your favourite channels , use the " burger...three dashes or lines " icon to drag channels up or down to the order you want them in.

There is a picture of mine attached above

Note: When you have your list the way you want it , hit the reload button on the top right , this saves your list.

• Advertisement

egal, I will assume you have the vix blue skin but it should not really matter. To get move mode do as I do

1. While on a channel, press ok arrow up and channels appear, press menu and another menu appears see pic see red square, select that ie go to it and press ok, look clsoely at screen and the channel name will be red = move mode enabled. now arrow up or down to move that channel, then when in position press OK and so on. NB after you must disable move mode as follows
    2. While on a channel, arrow up, menu down to red press ok.

3 Press FAV button press MENU SEE RED away you go.

NB for add channels its ok arrow up menu the its add service to bouquet. ok, list of bouquets, selct favourites ok . etc

As Andy says OPENWEBIF is another method that a lot of people use but you have to set a password on the Zgemma, menu setup network down to password , ok new password ok again you get nice big keyboard, enter PW across to green ok then NB green button to save , exit exit.

Thanks, folks. The more I think about it the more I believe that in my ignorance I deleted the bouquets list in my tinkering at an earlier stage. Do I have to start from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

Is there a way to organise recordings by name and the order in which they were recorded? eg put all the eastenders together in one "file" and say fair city in its own file?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭greasepalm

When in you recording list SORT BY BLUE BUTTON and choose newest recordings first then media by name and SAVE

Post edited by greasepalm on

egal no, but they may be over the page use arrows if not go to autobouguets and just scan or check configure and it should be set up as above.

leonita yes but someone else will come along and explain.

Post edited by swoofer on

For favourites are we talking about the blue word FAVOURITES on the screen? I can't get anything in there. I'm on the verge of giving up but, at least the deleted channels are staying deleted so that was my main concern. Thanks again.

No dont give up its a lot to take in and the worst part is the terminology, blue button when it says favourites will open your list of bouquets like the pic I posted.

The FAV button is on the remote and a press of that will bring up bouquets as well. And a press of the TV button may do the same.

The colour buttons are shortcuts. If you followed all the steps I posted you should have all but forgetting to press green button to save can have a bad effect.

So try this press FAV button and if screen is blank arrow up or down and see what you get.

be quick if u can

• Registered Users Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭greasepalm

You can always rerun your ABM or Bouquets and get your list back and redo it .

Sometimes i think if you press the Blue Button for favourites and nothing shows press the ^ above ok button on remote might show more.

You can create folders under the main recording folder named after the series and change your auto timers to put the recordings in that folder. I've done it for some of the series I record regularly every day or week but it's a bit of a faff to do for everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

But can you please explain how to do this clearly? I'm not tech savvy. TIA

Advertisement