Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 World Snooker Championship (Mod Note Post One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,957 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hard luck on Trump missing out on the last red. One frame away...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's all but over.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

This is just ridiculous from Trump. Absolutely outrageous stuff. Brilliant to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Unreal. This match is likely the best snooker I've ever seen live. 17-9, as above I can't see this getting to the interval

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This is potentially the last frame of the match on now. Let's watch & await the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Game pretty much up for Higgins

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That should be that, Trump in now with a great chance.

And I jinxed him. :o

This frame is a slow burner but Trump is now beginning to get advantage here to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

All over now. Never seen anything like this performance

That tight red looks like to have sealed it but we still need one more colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,257 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

yermandan wrote: »
    All over now. Never seen anything like this performance

It is up there with O'Sullivan and Hendry at thier best no doubt about it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

It's as clinical as I've ever seen a player win any tournament, never mind the worlds. He is like a fcucking robot

It's only taken Trump about 20 minutes this evening to win his first World Championship. Thoroughly deserved, feels almost anticlimactic though, such was the procession. Double scores victory.

Unbelievable snooker, well deserved. Delighted for Trump :)

That is it. He's won it. What an amazing performance. Congratulations to Judd Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Nice touch from Higgins there, "I was lucky I didn't even have to pay for a ticket"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭AllForIt

sligeach wrote: »
    If we're making predictions, then I guess 18-8 to Trump.

Good call sligeach, almost on the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Top Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Very pleased for Trump. Been a long time coming this. Such a complete performance over the two days, confirmation of how far he's come on this season in terms of keeping his table discipline and respecting the balls. Can it really be two weeks since he nearly lost to Thepchaiya Un Nooh?

If Judd keeps levelheaded and dedicated, he could dominate snooker for the next number of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Wonder could this register on the Donald's radar for a congratulatory tweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

eric hoone wrote: »

Was thinking he's bound to claim some credit some how!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,257 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

eric hoone wrote: »
    jimmii wrote: »
    Was thinking he's bound to claim some credit some how!

Making snooker great again....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

No way Judd would give credit to some other snooker player not even as inspiration but his dad

omg such a brat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Worst possible final ever in terms of personalities. Hope sincerely it never repeats again.

It was a good Championship when you look back over the highlights there.

Remember, Trump just squeaked through the 1st round after being miles behind. Could easily have been a different story.

Lavinia wrote: »
    No way Judd would give credit to some other snooker player not even as inspiration but his dad

omg such a brat

He used most of his winning speech to do nothing but praise John Higgins. He was asked a question and gave an honest answer, his father was his inspiration. Nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

cocoman wrote: »
    Was it hard to get tickets?

Was in the queue at 5.30am, probably about 150/175 in front of me. Was served at 9.30ish. Was pretty cold.

You're given numbered wristbands and there's toilets and a tea stand if you want to step away.

Much better getting tickets this year (apparently) as they had about 8-10 people serving people on laptops. Last year they only had two and the queues didn't dissipate til about 4pm (a lady in the queue told me).

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

sligeach wrote: »
    It was a good Championship when you look back over the highlights there.

Remember, Trump just squeaked through the 1st round after being miles behind. Could easily have been a different story.

And he was 9-7 down to Ding. He peaked at the right times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lavinia wrote: »
    Worst possible final ever in terms of personalities. Hope sincerely it never repeats again.

F*ck personalities. Great snooker is what matters, it's not a personality contest.

Yesterday was one of the best final days of snooker I've ever seen. And today was brilliant too. Rather that than have two incredible personalities who struggle to hit highs.

I'd have liked it a little closer maybe in terms of frames but I'd take that quality of final again.

Advertisement