Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 World Snooker Championship (Mod Note Post One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

5 centuries out of 7 frames in the Wilson/Hawkins match. And an 82. Last 4 frames in a row have had centuries, that’s some standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Zhou 5-2 up on Carter. Surprise to me anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Not a Shaun Murphy fan, at all, but this short interview is very revealing, and shows the effect bullying has on people.

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1121893333062901761?s=20

I knew he hated Rushden and you can see why (plus its a pretty tough small town anyway).

I thought that was known already years ago? Must be a slow news day. It is being dressed up like it is new thing.
    Suits Murphy's martyr complex. It will do his burgeoning media career no harm to have the 'rising above adversity' spin put on his background in this day and age.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

sligeach wrote: »
    5 centuries out of 7 frames in the Wilson/Hawkins match. And an 82. Last 4 frames in a row have had centuries, that’s some standard.

I saw a bit of that it was some level alright. It has the makings of a last frame decider the way they are going.

As far as commentators go I think Alan McManus is heading for the number one spot?

He has a great turn of phrase comes out with things like 'Is he going to into the orchard now?'
    Meaning the pack of reds.

'Pressure is like a snakebite, you get more immunity after each one, so the body get's used to it'

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

As far as commentators go I think Alan McManus is heading for the number one spot?

He has a great turn of phrase comes out with things like 'Is he going to into the orchard now?'
    Meaning the pack of reds.

'Pressure is like a snakebite, you get more immunity after each one, so the body get's used to it'

:D

I do really enjoy his commentary. Have to say I enjoy malt commentators on BBC and Eurosport outside of the guy who breathes into the mic. McManus definitely one of the best.

I do really enjoy his commentary. Have to say I enjoy malt commentators on BBC and Eurosport outside of the guy who breathes into the mic. McManus definitely one of the best.

Yeah, plus McManus is good on all the technical stuff cue actions, angles, explains it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Judd is losing the hair at a fast rate.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Judd is losing the hair at a fast rate.

He should have a chat with the Whirlwind and Ebdon. Better off shaving it off at this stage.
    Better chance of intimidating opponents as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Inviere

Zhou 5-2 up on Carter. Surprise to me anyway...

Hopefully he can see Carter out, the guy is insufferable.

• Advertisement

He should have a chat with the Whirlwind and Ebdon. Better off shaving it off at this stage.
    Better chance of intimidating opponents as well?

Better chance of camouflaging next to the white ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Inviere wrote: »
    Hopefully he can see Carter out, the guy is insufferable.

Carter, to still be at this level after everything he's been through is staggering but yep, he's hard to warm to.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Bingham agonisingly close to a sure fire 147.

15th red just wouldn't sink and hung on the jaws with the white down for a great position on the black. All the colours were on the spots for a straightforward clear-up.

Damn. Would love a 147 in this tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

Hawkins had a great chance at a 147 this morning too.

We are overdue a 147. The last Crucible 147 was by Stephen Hendry in 2012. That was the sixth 147 since 2003 at the Crucible, indeed there were two in 2008. Hendry in fact was the second last 147 at the Crucible too (in 2009).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ding Trump is very enjoyable, could go down a final frame decider.

Carter, to still be at this level after everything he's been through is staggering but yep, he's hard to warm to.

No doubting his tenacity and spirit, he’s a warrior. I wouldn’t give him a free pass though just because he’s had health problems, the guy is an absolute asshole.

Bingham is eyeing up the 147 here. 12 reds and blacks...

One very tricky red on the cushion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bingham is eyeing up the 147 here. 12 reds and blacks...

One very tricky red on the cushion though.

It was his undoing as well. Perfect position on the black too. :(

martyos121 wrote: »
    It was his undoing as well. Perfect position on the black too. :(

Just realised this was replaying the earlier frame.

Ermmmm whoops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just realised this was replaying the earlier frame.

Ermmmm whoops :D

Really? I turned it straight on once I read your post and was so invested in that. :o

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Really? I turned it straight on once I read your post and was so invested in that. :o

My brain never copped it til I saw the frame score! Sorry :)

Ding and trump both on the ropes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭waynescales1

This is awful stuff from Ding and Trump. Woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

This is awful stuff from Ding and Trump. Woeful.

It's lifeless snooker alright. Higgins Bingham must be better. Have dozed off a couple of times and missed almost nothing it is so slow going.

Genghis wrote: »
    It's lifeless snooker alright. Higgins Bingham must be better. Have dozed off a couple of times and missed almost nothing it is so slow going.

Grim snooker. On paper it looks like a power struggle of a game. Watching it, it's more who is the least crap in this game.

Looking like Hawkins's to lose this match..

• Registered Users Posts: 54,972 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Any more talk on Cahill’s foul on the pink yesterday?

Was the referee correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,238 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Terrible sessions tonight.

Fast forwarded through most of both of them and didn't miss anything.

Wilson, Carter, Bingham and Ding are so bloody boring to watch, hope they get knocked out.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

walshb wrote: »
    Any more talk on Cahill’s foul on the pink yesterday?

Wax the referee correct?

From the front angle his waistcoat looks nowhere near the ball

Surely they had another angle and he is a very experiencd ref but it looked dodgy to me

• Advertisement

Just stuck a few quid on Trump for the title at 'enhanced' odds of 6/1. Obviously not guaranteed to beat Ding at this stage, but if he does I can't see him not making the final. I'm already on Robertson and I'd fancy him against anyone else from the other half of the draw.

Advertisement