Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

What do the data protection wonks make of a man highly shining the toecap of his brógan and then strategically standing close to short skirted young ones on the Luas in summer?

Is this a breach of GDPR or given no image has been recorded is it not subject to the legislation?

I'd imagine an experienced creep like yourself would have these loopholes figured out?

The big thing with GDPR is consent Paddy, you could argue that wearing the short skirts is consent in itself to invite this sort of action. If they argue they weren't consenting you could always argue the "legal basis" for collecting the "data", ie you'd a horn on you like a Borneo rhino and needed to mentally record the image for future "processing" so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Speaking of using shoes to look up young wans skirts, didn't that lad from The Wonder Years get caught doing it - Fred Savage ?

Only apparently he attached small mirrors to his runners ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Speaking of using shoes to look up young wans skirts, didn't that lad from The Wonder Years get caught doing it - Fred Savage ?

Only apparently he attached small mirrors to his runners ...

I thought it was that Arnold from ‘Different Strokes’?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

tgdaly wrote: »
    The big thing with GDPR is consent Paddy, you could argue that wearing the short skirts is consent in itself to invite this sort of action. If they argue they weren't consenting you could always argue the "legal basis" for collecting the "data", ie you'd a horn on you like a Borneo rhino and needed to mentally record the image for future "processing" so to speak

There's a big difference between wearing a pair of sunglasses and having a good sneaky 'side-eye' glance for later checkout from the wankbank; and attaching a Go-Pro to one of your Shoe Factory slip-ons so you can record an upskirt in 4K.

Creepy ass behaviour if you don't mind me saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

What do the data protection wonks make of a man highly shining the toecap of his brógan and then strategically standing close to short skirted young ones on the Luas in summer?

Is this a breach of GDPR or given no image has been recorded is it not subject to the legislation?

I'd imagine an experienced creep like yourself would have these loopholes figured out?

Nothing creepy about that scenario either Pàidìn.

Again, totally and completely victimless.
    GDPR simply doesn't enter the equation, unless of course one has the misfortune to encounter one of those feminist types while "on manoeuvres"-Ruth Coppinger or Rita Harold for example-and you find yourself hauled up in front of the likes of Mary Devins.

Not really sure how that would play out to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,130 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Nothing creepy about that scenario either Pàidìn.

Again, totally and completely victimless.
    GDPR simply doesn't enter the equation, unless of course one has the misfortune to encounter one of those feminist types while "on manoeuvres"-Ruth Coppinger or Rita Harold for example-and you find yourself hauled up in front of the likes of Mary Devins.

Not really sure how that would play out to be honest.

Wouldn’t have a good outcome, Padd, I would suggest.

I thought it was that Arnold from ‘Different Strokes’?

Maybe he was up to shenanigans himself, but I definetely remember something with that Fred Savage kid - https://radaronline.com/photos/fred-savage-alleged-sexual-misconduct-wonder-years-set/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Wouldn’t have a good outcome, Padd, I would suggest.

The way society has gone now you'd be guilty before ever seeing a judge. Damning articles in the Connacht tribune sullying your name.

Not like back in the day when Fr. Frederick O' Rossa was up to his randy ways in Ballinasloe and not a word about it in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Is a fanny or wang personal information? I'm not sure it would be easy match the genitals to the person? You'd want more than the goolies to be in the shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Police could hold a line-up

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Police could hold a line-up

A "skirts up"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Is a fanny or wang personal information? I'm not sure it would be easy match the genitals to the person? You'd want more than the goolies to be in the shot?

You are way off, bro. These guys have no interest in anonymous penises or faceless little ball sacks. First thing they do is set up a camera to catch you coming into the cube or restroom. Usually they'll split screen the vid so they got your penis or anus in one lens, and your face in the other. Whole thing is to have a laugh at your micro-expressions, any quirks, foibles or little vanities: cuts and nicks from shaving, hairy holes, swollen/infected urethras, tiny penises, bit of chite on the inside of your leg etc. etc. They'll beat themselves blue to that for a few days before uploading it to the dark web where if it is novel enough it may go viral.

Saw it on a Channel Four documentary I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

You are way off, bro. These guys have no interest in anonymous penises or faceless little ball sacks. First thing they do is set up a camera to catch you coming into the cube or restroom. Usually they'll split screen the vid so they got your penis or anus in one lens, and your face in the other. Whole thing is to have a laugh at your micro-expressions, any quirks, foibles or little vanities: cuts and nicks from shaving, hairy holes, swollen/infected urethras, tiny penises, bit of chite on the inside of your leg etc. etc. They'll beat themselves blue to that for a few days before uploading it to the dark web where if it is novel enough it may go viral.

Saw it on a Channel Four documentary I think.

You're projecting there like nobody's business horse.

Unlike you Paddy I don't have the inside track. You should really get onto boards to start your own peeping tom AMA.

Unlike you Paddy I don't have the inside track. You should really get onto boards to start your own peeping tom AMA.

You seem to have a touch of a voyeur about you, pal.

Greasy kind of kernt. Gabardine green raincoat dude.

You seem to have a touch of a voyeur about you, pal.

Greasy kind of kernt. Gabardine green raincoat dude.

Well yeah, you got me with the raincoat, bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Well yeah, you got me with the raincoat, bud.

Pale, spotty kernt would be this posters take ....raincoat is a given...thin sheen of grease may not be fully built up yet....alternates with a cheap Guiney's Anorak.

Very suspect personal hygiene....cheap baggy cords with loose over active fly buttons..."7day" skiddies from Pennies stained from scrotum kelp and loose emissions.

Cluster of chite bullets around the tail pipe + a pair of cheap runners from the market.

Reads the Irish Sun and hangs around seedy pubs up around Thomas Street.

Think that sums you up pilgrim ......?

Pale, spotty kernt would be this posters take ....raincoat is a given...thin sheen of grease may not be fully built up yet....alternates with a cheap Guiney's Anorak.

Very suspect personal hygiene....cheap baggy cords with loose over active fly buttons..."7day" skiddies from Pennies stained from scrotum kelp and loose emissions.

Cluster of chite bullets around the tail pipe + a pair of cheap runners from the market.

Serious bang of cheap burgers and onion rings keeps a fetid fent infusing the flittered daggens of week old polyester skids.

Fcukers could be used to ‘smoke’ a bunch of badgers from a set.

Serious bang of cheap burgers and onion rings keeps a fetid fent infusing the flittered daggens of week old polyester skids.

Fcukers could be used to ‘smoke’ a bunch of badgers from a set.

Gentlemen, it's as well to stay 'on-topic' here. This is one of the best threads on boards.ie in a long while.

We have to keep our readers interested and informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gentlemen, it's as well to stay 'on-topic' here. This is one of the best threads on boards.ie in a long while.

Agreed.

This has been a most welcoming thread, filled with top level "shadow" advice that you would not see published virtually anywhere, but of the upmost importance nonetheless.

Lets not descend into slagging matches with each other.

• Advertisement

Agree Utter, indeed I do, just as I have done before.

Trying to nudge some long winded folk back on the..the.. well ‘accepted track’ without trying to ‘moderate’ anything.

Forgive me if I rose to the challenge of ‘having a bit of a cut’.

Haven’t blown out the pipes yet this morning am a wee bit sour.

Soz.

Agree Utter, indeed I do, just as I have done before.

Trying to nudge some long winded folk back on the..the.. well ‘accepted track’ without trying to ‘moderate’ anything.

Forgive me if I rose to the challenge of ‘having a bit of a cut’.

Haven’t blown out the pipes yet this morning am a wee bit sour.

Soz.

As to be expected, a very genuine and heartfelt response from a top tier poster.

I wish you well with your morning travails.

As to be expected, a very genuine and heartfelt response from a top tier poster.

I wish you well with your morning travails.

I think for the lifetime AM shïtter once it gets to around half 10 you start to get a bit tetchy and unsure of yourself. Wondering if everything is ok.

All day merchants or late evening anchor droppers don’t have this issue.

Can really impact workplace productivity.

964-FDA9-C-E893-4660-B84-E-C915-D4-EA9437.png

Excellent question.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm sure it's possible, but it wouldn't be on your wrist you'd be wearing it.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

These are just as entertaining in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

New cleaner of the work facilities by the looks, banging a feckin mop around and hitting the bottom of the trap doors as a result.

Was finishing a dump and contemplating having a quick hand shandy but that really put me off - got me in a real bad mood, will need relief later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Fireball81 wrote: »
    New cleaner of the work facilities by the looks, banging a feckin mop around and hitting the bottom of the trap doors as a result.

Was finishing a dump and contemplating having a quick hand shandy but that really put me off - got me in a real bad mood, will need relief later.
    I have noticed that aggression has become more common amongst toilet cleaning staff this past while. In previous times one could happily remain seated post evacuation and enter a deep state of relaxation whilst synchronising one's breathing to the gentle rhythmic swish of a cleaner's mop. Now it's all aggro, bucket kicking, mop bashing, whistling, snorting, swearing and a general uneasiness. Oh for the days of the passive cleaner when the only interaction one might expect would be a coy smile or quick wink as you left the jacks and headed back to the free for all of the rat race.

Sorry lads you’ve got me all wrong. Very thick and healthy skin with lots of collagen in my cheeks. Very good genetics due to mother eating simple country foods and home-reared dairy. Still pumping DCU chicks wearing nothing but sports socks and adidas originals. Keep a wad of elastic bands in my pocket. Tub of lube beside the bed with a few novels by Sartre and Camus to keep ‘em guessing. No I’ve nothing to hide boys. Big fat length of meat hanging between my legs, with a teeny tiny little red and weathered cherry top. Usually keep it unpeeled until the last minute as the proportions are off. Anything else just ask.

Tyranical back-seat moderators can piss off. Use the ignore button if you don’t like a fellah’s posts. Some of ye have a serious want for originality. They may be short and sweet, but you’re writing the same posts over and over again going back eighteen months. Get a grip, preferably on another man's shaft.

Enough room here for everyone. Hit me up if you're looking for hand sanitizers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Fireball81 wrote: »

What a dick, you had a right to draw back and kick his bucket into the middle of next week when you came out of the trap. Show him what aggressive mopping will do.....

Advertisement