Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

So Peter Schiff has reluctantly admitted what was obvious at first glance: that losing access to his bitcoins was due to human mistake on his part ... not newsworthy but entertaining :-)

https://twitter.com/peterschiff/status/1220135541330542592?s=21

https://twitter.com/peterschiff/status/1220137968343580672?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Bob24 wrote: »
    So Peter Schiff has reluctantly admitted what was obvious at first glance: that losing access to his bitcoins was due to human mistake on his part ... not newsworthy but entertaining :-)

https://twitter.com/peterschiff/status/1220135541330542592?s=21

https://twitter.com/peterschiff/status/1220137968343580672?s=21

he's just giving Bitcoin more publicity, whether he thinks its hurting it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    he's just giving Bitcoin more publicity, whether he thinks its hurting it or not

He's also building his profile, etc. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

He's also building his profile, etc. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Yes I would say so. I saw him interviewed at gold conference earlier this week and he spent quite a bit of time “joking” about this and saying it is the worst investment he ever made as it went to 0. He’s just pleasing a certain audience.

IMO he isn’t even amongst the best promoters or sources of information in the space of precious metals. I much prefer listening to a guy like Pierre Lassonde who is less vocal and present in the media but IMO more interesting and knowledgeable with massive experience and recognition in the industry.

CZ is now (sarcastically) praising Peter Shiff ... they are like kids at a playground :-D

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1220978020686548992?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,918 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If that's praise, I'd love to see his sarcastic put-down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Goldbugs and crypto heads have an awful lot in common. The boner for ‘hard money’, libertarian woo, a mistrust of Government, the need to constantly shill their ‘investment’.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Goldbugs and crypto heads have an awful lot in common. The boner for ‘hard money’, libertarian woo, a mistrust of Government, the need to constantly shill their ‘investment’.

Well, in fairness, the dollar is just about to collapse any day now, so you should really load up on gold/crypto to survive the ensuing dystopia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Well, in fairness, the dollar is just about to collapse any day now, so you should really load up on gold/crypto to survive the ensuing dystopia

Quote of the week goes to the world's 58th richest person:

"cash is trash"

Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates

• Registered Users Posts: 19,918 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Where there's muck, there's brass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Nice gains today. Push.

Nice gains indeed, but jesus christ Bitcoin Gold had a double-spend 51% attack and is up 12%. Irrational doesn't begin to describe this market, but hey that's the attraction

What coins are people holding in general apart from BTC?

I’ve got a few smaller bags of XRP, ADA, BAT, ETH & LTC

Majority is in BTC though

Apart from BTC and Eth, a disgusting multitude of alts. The upside? every day at least one or two of them is up 20%

I'll get rid of 90% of them during the next bull if there is one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭banie01

BTC, ETH, LTC, BNB and currently trading between those and building BTC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Pump it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

BTC gains covering my stock market losses

Nice gains last 24hrs, managed to get out of a trade I had been holding for over 2 months and took a bit of profit even after the daily rollover fees

There is still a CME Futures gap around €7600 that will probably be filled so expecting that to happen this week before we retest tht 200 MA again

3rd time lucky hopefully

Yeah would like to see the CME gaps myself before pumping much more. Eventually BTC will ignore these gaps IMO.

200 ma very strong resistance, if we fail here I think we could see 7k again (hope we do briefly)

I closed out a long position last night at 1am while sleeping at €8255 that I got about 2 months ago at €6900. It was a bit of a rollercoaster and I've never held onto a long leverage position for that long, overall fees cost me in the region of €300 but the overall gains more than covered it

Daily rollover fee was €4.14 so it wasnt breaking the bank even if I had to hold it for another month

I was "fairly" confident it would come back in higher in the new year so didnt mind the fees on a daily basis and I had enough collaterel in the account that they were going to call it in if it dropped any lower which it did at one point for about a week down to about €6200 I think

I'm hoping now for the gap to be filled and maybe jump back in again once it breaks resistance about €9500

• Advertisement

Rejected again.

People can say all they want about TA but it's clearly relevant.

Helps predict volatility if nothing else.

Rejected again.

People can say all they want about TA but it's clearly relevant.

Helps predict volatility if nothing else.

Yes, basically TA should be seen as something which works until it doesn’t.

Once you are in a pattern it is likely to work for a while, but of course patterns don’t have to last forever and a change of circumstances can break them unexpectedly.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yes, basically TA should be seen as something which works until it doesn’t.

Once you are in a pattern it is likely to work for a while, but of course patterns don’t have to last forever and a change of circumstances can break them unexpectedly.

Like Tether printing a load of magic dollars. There’s no TA models that can predict that, and it’s the strongest input into positive price movement.

Litecoin up 10% in 24 hours.

Will it front run a Bitcoin pump like last time?

I'm strapped in.

$9500 being tested

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

ETH showing rare signs of life. Tempted to sell and try a bit of swing trading again.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    $9500 being tested

$9550 right now, very little resistance above this generally speaking.

Fun times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

very little resistance above this generally speaking.
    ????

small cooling off period before the next pump....

I've got a buy order in at €8675 for a trade once it breaks resistance..........came within a few eur last night of triggering it

Once it breaks like you said there is very little above it so it could be a nice trade

• Advertisement

I’m going to make a price prediction. Bitcoin is going to dump hard this week. Massive amount of open longs on Bitmex, Binance, and even a few on Bitfinex (!). Time for Arthur and the lads to clear them out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement