Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Calibos wrote: »
    Starting over with a 10 grand stake again or are you going to put some of your gains from the last 3 months back in?

No, 100K stake this time. Why not try 10x that again?

I'm not f***ing around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Rob2D wrote: »
    No, 100K stake this time. Why not try 10x that again?

I'm not f***ing around here.

[BeastMode=ON]

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

You are the true winner here sir!

We all will be soon!

Unearthly wrote: »
    Congrats :)

Thanks. Hopefully we don’t crash 90% from here or I’ll be back knocking on the door :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

We all will be soon!

Great example of dca even during a bear market and holding. Reaping the rewards.

Bit behind you but that's my goal to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

seannash wrote: »
    I get you dont like it being quoted on USD but for practically everyone in Europe they quote the prices in USD

But - who is "they"? I transfer euro between my bank account and kraken. I purchase a x amount of crypto for y euro on kraken (where all prices are quoted in euro). It just seems like an unnecessary extra, confusing step that adds no benefit.

If/when reading an article/thread for american/international audience, I get why it is USD. But I think in euro, I talk to people in euro, I deal in euro and, in the end, all I really care about is how many euro my crypto is worth when I cash in, as does pretty much everybody in this thread!

Here in the Business & Finance forum, pretty much every other thread is in euro currency, whereas, under crypto, we have this mishmash of fiat currencies. I'm not saying people shouldn't quote in USD values if that is what they want - my issue is that they often do so without explicitly stating USD or even prefixing with a "$", so it can lead to confusion.

Put it another way, we do (generally) make it clear in this thread what "crypto" currency we are referring to. If I was to post saying "Having trebled in value, I just sold 37 coins", people would understandably be confused as to whether I am now in lambo-heaven having sold 37 bitcoins, or whether I will struggle to buy a breakfast roll, 'cos I just sold 37 doge coins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Oh hello BTC.

Where are you off to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

ETH All Time High

Alts about to bust

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Usually when BTC retraces, BCH does also, if not by even more. Not this time, it hasn't budged and has actually advanced as BTC went backward.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

No just holding. Been doing a little trading in the last week since everything has been kinda sideways. Which is what I SHOULD have been doing all along. I'd have so much more now if I hadn't eaten those two or three big dips so far this year. Best thing I did was learn to save myself from the drop.

-Keep everything on the exchange ready to move
    -STOP STAKING. Absolute waste of time. What's the point of earning 20 quid a week if the price drops by 100's???

My approach to risk is DYOR. This year good projects will do well so know which ones. At then end of the day there's not much risk involved at all. ADA isn't going to get rug pulled like. (although that would be hilarious)

The real risk is not going in hard on this stuff and going back to working for the rest of your life.

Same mindset I have, been investing since 2017. Fair enough some people are cautious and risk averse, especially older people with families and responsibilities to look after, but if you're young you should be taking advantage of this really rare opportunity - it might not feel like it but we're still fairly early into crypto. And if it all went to **** in the morning, we could just go back to saving like normal.

Ireland has become an extortionate country to live in, we are taxed like **** on every possible thing and our investments are even gouged - one of the harshest rates in the world - so I feel like cryptos are even giving people the opportunity to get themselves to important milestones in life earlier, such as getting on the property ladder, where they wouldn't have been able to for a long time otherwise. Have to laugh at people like some on r/Ireland who still talk **** about crypto, people who still dismiss the massive money making opportunity crypto is giving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

BTC just went under 50% market dominance, but we've already had an "alt run", no idea what happens next, weird territory.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Great example of dca even during a bear market and holding. Reaping the rewards.

Bit behind you but that's my goal to

That’s all I did. Bit of my salary every week. I only earned the average annual wage the last 3/4 years so if history rhymes then there’s freedom on the cards for a lot of people.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Usually when BTC retraces, BCH does also, if not by even more. Not this time, it hasn't budged and has actually advanced as BTC went backward.

BCH is incredibly undervalued.

-Same supply as BTC
    -Instant transactions
    -Less than $0.01 fees
    -8000+ retail merchants accept it (more than any other crypto)
    -100K+ online merchants accept it
    -12M wallet downloads, Grayscale Trust, Paypal, Bitpay
    -DOUBLE the daily transactions of BTC

I think BCH is going to melt the faces off people someday.

Of all the things I've messed with this year, BCH was the easiest to use. A pleasure.

I finally finish up in my FIAT job tomorrow. A few months built up holiday pay going straight into BTC.

You off to Portugal in 2022 then? Live there for most of 2022, 2023 and 2024 and you'd be in good time for the 2024/2025 halving then

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    BTC just went under 50% market dominance, but we've already had an "alt run", no idea what happens next, weird territory.

I don't think we've seen alt season yet.............
    HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    some on r/Ireland who still talk **** about crypto, people who still dismiss the massive money making opportunity crypto is giving

Yup. Back in Jan before I started, my mates told me I was stupid to get into it. "Gambling" they said. Good thing I don't listen to anyone and always do my own thing.

I haven't told them yet how I'm doing. When it's all done my plan is to buy a house and then invite them all over :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Go on my son Eth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Those sh1tcoins all outperformed LINK and ROSE since the start of the year :confused:
    I'm sure you've done your research but your style of bashing all other coins while pumping your own is offputting. Have you been burnt by these in the past?

The faster a coin goes up the faster it will dump, leaving you holding heavy bags.
    Fortunately i only got burned for a few hundred euro years ago with shīt coins.
    I am not new to these **** coins that new users here are pumping there money into, if you have made money with ADA or XRP, well done, now dont be left holding the bag when these inevitably dump , make no doubt about it they will dump.
    Who is building on Cardano?
    Ripple does not require XRP to use their services, Token not needed.

Yup. Back in Jan before I started, my mates told me I was stupid to get into it. "Gambling" they said. Good thing I don't listen to anyone and always do my own thing.

I haven't told them yet how I'm doing. When it's all done my plan is to buy a house and then invite them all over :pac::pac::pac:

“Congrats Rob! How much are your mortgage repayments on this palace mate?”

“What repayments lad? Bought this outright with Crypto profits mothaf**ka’s!!!”

:D:D

The fact ETH has held well above $2k as BTC dropped well below $60k is fairly surprising for sure, and ETHs just passed ATH as well. Wonder how the weekend will go

survivorship_bias.png

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    “Congrats Rob! How much are your mortgage repayments on this palace mate?”

“What repayments lad? Bought this outright with Crypto profits mothaf**ka’s!!!”

:D:D

As tempting as it is to rub it in people's faces who talked **** and put the idea down, it's better to not gloat or even discuss it in detail at all. Making loads of money and knowing they're likely coping with the regret and realisation that it was their choice that led to them missing out is good enough

Nothing worse than arrogant ignorance though, some no coiners are so weird, they're so against it all it's like it's a personal insult to them

cnocbui wrote: »
    Chainlink is up 126% in the last 90 days. Dogecoin is up 1,953%. Congrats on being an also ran.
    Umaro wrote: »
    My uncle recommended LINK to me back in Feb and I bought €1,000 worth... +60% since I bought it.

I'm not going to go full Dirk just yet, but this is some good stuff.

Chase a shít coin pump, and go to sleep worrying if it will dump and leave you holding a heavy bag when you wake up.
    Invest in the correct projects and sleep like a baby each and every night, if it dips, no big deal, it will be back to break its ATH.
    Just pull out on the charts and look at the long term trend, and know you are going to make it, unlike those with **** coins hoping they have not bought the top.

As tempting as it is to rub it in people's faces who talked **** and put the idea down, it's better to not gloat or even discuss it in detail at all. Making loads of money and knowing they're likely coping with the regret and realisation that it was their choice that led to them missing out is good enough

I console myself about not buying bitcoin in 2011 when I first heard about it, with the fact that I’d feel a metric ****tonne more regret had I bought 100 bitcoin for €100.....and spent it at Dominos and missed out on a 5 million payday had I held....than the small regret I feel never buying in at all. :D

This is because you've had all upside and no downside. Congrats on the gains, it's been amazing, but this last run has been so insane and so long it's been difficult for anyone investing in that period not to make money, keep in mind the bottom could drop out of this whole thing, and there are no guarantees there will be another run.

People who bought at end 2013 had to wait at least three painful years just to break even, likewise those who bought end 2017/early 2018 watched it go -90% to -99% in the next year, many who bought purely alts are still down.

The sentiment changes very fast in this market, we are always just a few days away from a full on bear market

Ok I'm gone out of DOGE, the magic 40 or 50 cents doesn't appear to be happening and the Americans are well awake by this stage. Sold at a 35% profit which I know is pitiful compared to some of the gains reported over the last week but is a result of my own FOMO and greed. Still glad I held however since it was able to tank the brunt of the dip over the weekend.

So I want to move into staking something. Kraken offers the following:
    DOT @ 12% APY

Kusama @ 12% APY
    Kava @ 4.5% APY
    ATOM @ 7% APY
    Tezos @ 5.5% APY
    Flow @ 9% APY

I'm leaning towards Tezos or ATOM, particularly Tezos since they recently launched their marketing campaign and it might make for a 3x by EOY. The rewards for DOT and KSM seem good but the inflation of their respective coins means the rewards are a good bit less in reality, probably closer to 2 or 3%.

Is that APY for Tezos decent? Would it be one of the better choices out of the options listed?

Ethereum is also offered but there are wait times associated with staking and unstaking which I would like to avoid.

Read up on DOT parachain auctions
    Should pump the price a lot
    Look at KSM price history for a guide, same auction at work

Chiliz today maybe???

FC Barcelona fan token launching on Binance this morning. Can currently get it only with CHZ. That's what the buzz around CHZ is.

With the ESL totally rejected by the fans, maybe a boycott of football merchandise is on the cards to hurt the club owners, could this effect CHZ?

You off to Portugal in 2022 then? Live there for most of 2022, 2023 and 2024 and you'd be in good time for the 2024/2025 halving then

The wheels are in motion but nothing finalised yet.

This is because you've had all upside and no downside. Congrats on the gains, it's been amazing, but this last run has been so insane and so long it's been difficult for anyone investing in that period not to make money, keep in mind the bottom could drop out of this whole thing, and there are no guarantees there will be another run.

People who bought at end 2013 had to wait at least three painful years just to break even, likewise those who bought end 2017/early 2018 watched it go -90% to -99% in the next year, many who bought purely alts are still down.

The sentiment changes very fast in this market, we are always just a few days away from a full on bear market

Can confirm

Still believe there's plenty more to go in this bull run though, we're still not even 12 months after the last halving, and historically the bull runs are 12-18 months post halving. Will be interesting to see if there's a double top how people will react, where we have a sizable crash and stay bearish for a few months, and then return to parabolic growth

I like looking at ecoinometrics halving comparison graph to get an idea of how far in we are compared to the previous cycles. This isn't a price model or prediction method by the way, it's purely for context

dotsman wrote: »
    But - who is "they"? I transfer euro between my bank account and kraken. I purchase a x amount of crypto for y euro on kraken (where all prices are quoted in euro). It just seems like an unnecessary extra, confusing step that adds no benefit.

If/when reading an article/thread for american/international audience, I get why it is USD. But I think in euro, I talk to people in euro, I deal in euro and, in the end, all I really care about is how many euro my crypto is worth when I cash in, as does pretty much everybody in this thread!

Here in the Business & Finance forum, pretty much every other thread is in euro currency, whereas, under crypto, we have this mishmash of fiat currencies. I'm not saying people shouldn't quote in USD values if that is what they want - my issue is that they often do so without explicitly stating USD or even prefixing with a "$", so it can lead to confusion.

Put it another way, we do (generally) make it clear in this thread what "crypto" currency we are referring to. If I was to post saying "Having trebled in value, I just sold 37 coins", people would understandably be confused as to whether I am now in lambo-heaven having sold 37 bitcoins, or whether I will struggle to buy a breakfast roll, 'cos I just sold 37 doge coins.

Support lines , Break outs and ATH are judged in dollars.
    Dont set your sell/buy order in euros, the dollar is what is the standard.
    You will see BTC or what ever your holding bounce of a value in dollars, BTC bounced of the $53k line today, thats where buy order where set, think in Euros and you will make errors

• Advertisement

Can confirm

Still believe there's plenty more to go in this bull run though, we're still not even 12 months after the last halving, and historically the bull runs are 12-18 months post halving. Will be interesting to see if there's a double top how people will react, where we have a sizable crash and stay bearish for a few months, and then return to parabolic growth

I like looking at ecoinometrics halving comparison graph to get an idea of how far in we are compared to the previous cycles. This isn't a price model or prediction method by the way, it's purely for context

Yeah, putting these "3 and a half year waves" aside, crypto always does something unexpected, even this bull run is quite different from the others

There could be a sharp dip into bear, we could have a slow bear (mirroring this bull) we could stay even and then have a 2017 style insanity run followed by god knows what, I really have no idea

In the last 8 years of following this the two strangest things for me have to be the 40% drop last March and the strength and duration of this bull run.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement