Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

cnocbui wrote: »
    IT, blah, blah - and then you have this: http://www.southernmachinery.ie/

:D

guaranteed to be human error then as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

circadian wrote: »
    Ah, they're just missing the SSL redirection, https://southernmachinery.ie works fine.

Still.

Schoolboyerror.
    That would be like....hmm...i dunno....maybe HUMAN error, right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,738 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Speaking of lazy?
    You're talking about a specific instance firstly. How many people have died on the worlds roads in the few minutes we've exchanged these messages? It's always the same with new tech - the downside gets exaggerated - tapping in to people's fears of what they know little of.

"So far, in all the data gathered, it would appear that self-driving cars are much safer than human-driven cars, but a lot of work needs to be done to prove this. Self-driving cars are made safe, given that their sensors and response times are all electronic and mechanical, making them by nature faster than humans."

LINK.

That link is beyond risible - absolute garbage with no reference to credible data. The author even cited Musk, who's a lying toad. Referencing Waymo's stats is also simply not on, given they almost exclusively drive in deserts in good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,738 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Blazer wrote: »
    guaranteed to be human error then as well :D

You must be really new to IT. :D
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Dades wrote: »
    So it appears everyone is selling up to buy Safemoon.

Looks like it's about to hit a $0.00001 milestone.

You jinxed it Dades :D:D

Once it hit 85 the sell off started - it held well - peppered 90 but now sitting under 80.

Hopefully it can consolidate and eat another zero soon. I'll not complain - the run up it had since Friday was immense - 15x+

I thought it had a shot at the zero today as well but at 85 you could see things over heating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭antimatterx

How do you buy safe moon?

I'm out of doge and moved my profits into BTC AND ETH. I wouldn't mind making some more money from a **** coin to move into the big two

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You might be safer to assume anything moved into a ****coin is never coming back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Absolutely true. It's a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

antfin wrote: »
    If your set on continuing to use Revolut you can pay the €7.99 per month for a premium plan and the fee goes down to 1.5%. That could save multiple times the subscription price if you're buying or selling regularly or the fees on trading anything over €8,000 would be more than a full year of subscription to a premium plan.

Just wanted to check, is it possible to join premium, sell all my Holdings and avail of the lower rate and then unsubscribe from premium? Or is there a minimum period you need to remain premium?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The Guvnor wrote: »

Once it hit 85 the sell off started - it held well - peppered 90 but now sitting under 80.
    It did hit 0.000013 !

Dipped big, then back again. I've hovered over the SWAP button all afternoon. :pac:
    How do you buy safe moon?
    Pancake swap using BNB was what I used. There's a few vid floating around on YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭antfin

qwabercd wrote: »
    Just wanted to check, is it possible to join premium, sell all my Holdings and avail of the lower rate and then unsubscribe from premium? Or is there a minimum period you need to remain premium?

I think there's a break fee of €16 if you terminate before 12 months plus the cost of the card including delivery if you ordered a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

antfin wrote: »
    I think there's a break fee of €16 if you terminate before 12 months plus the cost of the card including delivery if you ordered a card.

I think there is no breakage fee if you terminate in the first 14 days of subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭antfin

SummerK wrote: »
    I think there is no breakage fee if you terminate in the first 14 days of subscription.

But will they allow someone to potentially save hundreds in reduced trading fees and still terminate without paying a fee? I would assume that's a 14 cooling off period without substantial use of the benefits on a premium account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

The Guvnor wrote: »

Hopefully it can consolidate and eat another zero soon. I'll not complain - the run up it had since Friday was immense - 15x+

I thought it had a shot at the zero today as well but at 85 you could see things over heating.

Long term hold for me. Amazing what it's done thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Ok I'm gone out of DOGE, the magic 40 or 50 cents doesn't appear to be happening and the Americans are well awake by this stage. Sold at a 35% profit which I know is pitiful compared to some of the gains reported over the last week but is a result of my own FOMO and greed. Still glad I held however since it was able to tank the brunt of the dip over the weekend.

So I want to move into staking something. Kraken offers the following:
    DOT @ 12% APY

Kusama @ 12% APY
    Kava @ 4.5% APY
    ATOM @ 7% APY
    Tezos @ 5.5% APY
    Flow @ 9% APY

I'm leaning towards Tezos or ATOM, particularly Tezos since they recently launched their marketing campaign and it might make for a 3x by EOY. The rewards for DOT and KSM seem good but the inflation of their respective coins means the rewards are a good bit less in reality, probably closer to 2 or 3%.

Is that APY for Tezos decent? Would it be one of the better choices out of the options listed?

Ethereum is also offered but there are wait times associated with staking and unstaking which I would like to avoid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I'm finally learning a bit.

Moving everything to Tether last night saved me a bit of a dip for sure. And this morning I dedcided that Monero was looking healthy lately so I put my USDT into that. Needless to say I've had a good day. And I've learned to set stop losses so I don't have to watch the chart all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Ok I'm gone out of DOGE, the magic 40 or 50 cents doesn't appear to be happening and the Americans are well awake by this stage. Sold at a 35% profit which I know is pitiful compared to some of the gains reported over the last week but is a result of my own FOMO and greed. Still glad I held however since it was able to tank the brunt of the dip over the weekend.

DOT @ 12% APY

Kusama @ 12% APY
    Kava @ 4.5% APY
    ATOM @ 7% APY
    Tezos @ 5.5% APY
    Flow @ 9% APY

I'm leaning towards Tezos or ATOM, particularly Tezos since they recently launched their marketing campaign and it might make for a 3x by EOY. The rewards for DOT and KSM seem good but the inflation of their respective coins means the rewards are a good bit less in reality, probably closer to 2 or 3%.

Is that APY for Tezos decent? Would it be one of the better choices out of the options listed?

Ethereum is also offered but there are wait times associated with staking and unstaking which I would like to avoid.

Zil at 15% staked

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

There is not even the slightest possibility of making sufficient batteries within 10 years to make the worlds car fleet obsolete.

Self driving doesn't work - two people killed in just the last 3 days thinking a Tesla could self drive. Autonomous driving will IMO, never work, as I believe general intelligence is required for real driving and no neural network or any other technology can deliver that.

If you are old enough, you might recall dire predictions in the late 70's that the world had a population crisis and the world would shortly run out of food. Never happened and now there is a significant global food surplus.

Another more recent one was peak oil and how we would soon have a major crisis in running out of oil - and no, EV's had nothing to do with proving that one false either.

As for most kids working in jobs that don't yet exist - more BS - just like 40 years ago predictions were that nuclear fusion would soon be a reality and the world would be swimming in almost free electricity.

Who knew that extremely complex tech would take longer than expected. What makes it harder is the fact that it requires insane funding for R&D, so I wouldn't say all of this type of stuff is BS just because it isn't here and perfected already, it is still all coming, but it just takes longer than the more eager people who are interested in them predicted. I think it's better to not be rigid about time-frames on these type of things, but just be open to the real possibility that they are at least coming in our lifetimes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

qwabercd wrote: »

Its a 12 month subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You must be really new to IT. :D

I’m thinking you’re more likely clueless about it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Wake up everyone, we're off again.
    Up it goes. :)

Eta: I thought this was Monday and expected it go up Tuesday.

I really should know what day of the week it is but a lot going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

DOT @ 12% APY

Kusama @ 12% APY
    Kava @ 4.5% APY
    ATOM @ 7% APY
    Tezos @ 5.5% APY
    Flow @ 9% APY

Binance offer locked staking periodically. currently offering 25% apy for 15 days, or 12% for 90 days. while I like tezos as a project, it performs pretty poor against bitcoin, so don't really have an interest buying into it. Maybe things will change, best of luck if you go with it

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

mdmix wrote: »
    Binance offer locked staking periodically. currently offering 25% apy for 15 days, or 12% for 90 days. while I like tezos as a project, it performs pretty poor against bitcoin, so don't really have an interest buying into it. Maybe things will change, best of luck if you go with it

What coin(s) is that 25% offered on? Could you give a link, I can't seem to find it on binance.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Entonces

What coin(s) is that 25% offered on? Could you give a link, I can't seem to find it on binance.

Anyone planning to take part in Kusama parachain auctions? Could be a nice way to put some KSM to work for a while

I setup Revolut alarm for for BTC to go below €50k and I got alert when the day low was above €50k.
    I should have seen it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

So we’ve done it the last 2 years here may as well do it again.

Any guess on December 31st 2021 price for BTC & ETH? Feel free to comment your own alt predictions too but only if you are giving a prediction on the above two also.

I’ll start.

BTC $250,000
    ETh $7500 (pains me to say it)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Any guess on December 31st 2021 price for BTC & ETH? Feel free to comment your own alt predictions too but only if you are giving a prediction on the above two also.

I’ll start.

BTC $250,000

Why would it pain you to say $7,500 ETH lol?

And I'll guess

BTC $172,000
    ETH $8,300

XRP ripple flying it .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

I’ll start.

BTC $250,000

BTC: $62,357
    ETH: $2,971

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »
    XRP ripple flying it .

Sold 50% @ €1.21.
    Sleep now. :)