Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

What did Biden do that triggered this dip?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,489 ✭✭✭✭banie01

His climate plan calls for 52% cut in greenhouse emissions and a rise in corporate tax to 48% by 2030.
    Yellen is working on a plan to align the rates internationally and prevent tax surfing/shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Bull run over imo.

Lmao. Bitcoin still above 100 d ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I would say it tends to influence the stock market more than crypto, but the Democrats are happily letting a rumour fly around that they intend to double capital gains tax for high earners: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/biden-to-propose-capital-gains-tax-hike-to-fund-education-and-child-care.html (which would bring it to a higher level than Irish CGT, an achievement that very few countries are managing, as most of us on this forum would know :-)).

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Waking up to my second big doomp in less than a week.

Not great for someone who only got into crypto 2 months ago, at least I don't have much invested, chump change compared to others here I'd imagine.

No point even selling now, just holding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

42k $ next support lol? I'm warning up to the idea of starting to dollar average back into btc, waiting for max pain yet however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Waking up to my second big doomp in less than a week.

Not great for someone who only got into crypto 2 months ago, at least I don't have much invested, chump change compared to others here I'd imagine.

No point even selling now, just holding.

Something similar to myself, got absolutely fùckin rinsed last night, pretty much had all my profit wiped out now since I started crypto. I've only got small holdings but I'm not prepared to sell anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

This article says dip is temporary and price will be back up soon but I really doubt
    https://www.reuters.com/technology/fears-biden-tax-blow-leave-cryptocurrencies-ether-bitcoin-ropes-2021-04-23/

I entered crypto market recently and invested around 2k but now its gone down to 1.6k Looking to add more if dip continues as I would holding it for long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Hi all,
    I recently decided to get into crypto, mostly thanks to using the brave browser. Im total noob but trying to learn. Im currently using uphold for buying and I was wondering what peoples view is on uphold? If not uphold then what would be a better alternative?

PS. I only started a couple of weeks ago with €250, just to get a feel for it. I was up €70 last week to roughly €320 total but down to about €195 total today.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

ugh. will he ever just stfu...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I recently decided to get into crypto, mostly thanks to using the brave browser. Im total noob but trying to learn. Im currently using uphold for buying and I was wondering what peoples view is on uphold? If not uphold then what would be a better alternative?

PS. I only started a couple of weeks ago with €250, just to get a feel for it. I was up €70 last week to roughly €320 total but down to about €195 total today.. :D

Never used uphold myself but I was under the impression that it was primarily for stocks with a limited selection of crypto. A dedicated crypto currency exchange like kraken might be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

Im rowing into XRP here convincing myself i am doing the right thing. BUY THE DIPS is what they say isnt it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

From someone who entered into Crypto with ETH at €1k and subsequentally seen it go down to €80 in a year and nothing for a while after, anyone who has just entered, HODL and don't panic.

Dips happen, good time to buy. Better days ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

From someone who entered into Crypto with ETH at €1k and subsequentally seen it go down to €80 in a year and nothing for a while after, anyone who has just entered, HODL and don't panic.

Dips happen, good time to buy. Better days ahead.

unless....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Im rowing into XRP here convincing myself i am doing the right thing. BUY THE DIPS is what they say isnt it? :)
    It pains me to see a new generation of bag holders being born.
    Just look at the Ripple thread, posters just getting back into profit/breaking even after buying in 2017/18 and now its back down to $1.11,
    The XRP holders believe its going to take over from SWIFT, it wont and you will be left with heavy bags.
    I have been leading horses to water and despite all evidence presented to them some refuse to drink.
    Dont buy a single coin/token this weekend as we usually have a dip on the weekend and towards the end of the month, spend the time digging into Link, over 500 confirmed integrations/partnerships and rising each day, compare that to Cardano!
    Dont blindly reject it because some here believe it to be no good, after your own research you dont think its going to be huge, best of luck to you.

https://www.uxsequence.io/news/swift-chainlink-integration/

If anyone has some criticism of LINK please post it, would love to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Lmao. Bitcoin still above 100 d ma.

We're not even a full 12 months after the halving and people are saying things like that, baffling, it would be extremely shocking if the bull run was over before May

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I am Satoshi he is a fraud.

I used to think he was a fraud, but the defendants in the recent libel case caved when they saw the discovery stuff so something of substance spooked them. I'm on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

cnocbui wrote: »
    I used to think he was a fraud, but the defendants in the recent libel case caved when they saw the discovery stuff so something of substance spooked them. I'm on the fence.

He's a massive fraud and the biggest clown in the history of crypto.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

Is it a good time to buy some more BTC/ETH? Any pointers..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

SummerK wrote: »

Well it's not the worst time to buy that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Coinbase have a new earn campaign out today you earn 3 dollar of forth. Only 3 dollars but better then nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

I first invested about 2 months ago and am down a fair bit. Now would be a pretty good time, put in your money bit by bit in the dips, don't put it in all at once like I did :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Yes. I bought 1k of eth today and I'm buying 1k of BTC when I get paid next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I'm actually delighted with how ethereum is performing (touching wood). She's built like a tank and the proof of stake updates will silence the climate alarmists.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I'm actually delighted with how ethereum is performing (touching wood). She's built like a tank and the proof of stake updates will silence the climate alarmists.

Will that bring down the fees and if so when is it due?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Tango One wrote: »
    Will that bring down the fees and if so when is it due?
    Cheers

It sure will but don't know when it's coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

First time all day I've seen Green on my watchlist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

bfa1509 wrote: »
    It sure will but don't know when it's coming.

It sure MIGHT. And nobody knows when or if POS will be coming...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement