Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

Warren Buffet over there is casting a critical eye over whether you're truly a business wizard or not. Renowned investor that he is.

I wonder if he thought about that line by himself or consulted with Charlie. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Thargor wrote: »
    I would be so happy right now if ETH would just double from here like BTC did.

All guesswork but could we be seeing ETH starting to get dragged into more damaging dogfights now and having its lunch eaten with all the competition maybe?

I see on here people saying its demise has been predicted multiple times at this stage but looking at how Bitcoin may have just gotten lucky really to end up surviving. Like BTC plainly isn't capable of doing what it set out to do - cheap & easy peer-to-peer cash transactions - yet its older, more inefficient protocol seems to have made it perfect for being able to be used as a store of value (I'm guessing no new coins use PoW etc). But if ETH was to end up outdated it probably couldn't pivot to another use/value could it?

Again complete guessing/wondering.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Mucashinto wrote: »
    But if ETH was to end up outdated it probably couldn't pivot to another use/value could it?

Again complete guessing/wondering.

Has it already? The competitors are close behind. Plus, people are leaving Uniswap in droves because nobody can afford the fees. And most new defi projects are starting on BinanceSmartChain now instead because of the low fees. There's gonna be a lot less ETH moving around soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Warren Buffet over there is casting a critical eye over whether you're truly a business wizard or not. Renowned investor that he is.

Warren Buffet has about 50% of his fund in Apple and was this part that made most profit last year.

As I'm sure you know, Buffet is a staunch anti-crypto, will be interesting if Apple do put a little drop of only 1% of its cash-reserve of over 200 billion USD into crypto; his face should be interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

iba wrote: »
    Warren Buffet has about 50% of his fund in Apple and was this part that made most profit last year.

As I'm sure you know, Buffet is a staunch anti-crypto, will be interesting if Apple do put a little drop of only 1% of its cash-reserve of over 200 billion USD into crypto; his face should be interesting to watch.

I wasn't actually talking about Warren Buffet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Whats your definition of a pump?? It's up 12% in the last 24hrs!

No exit strategy for me thanks, do you think the Kamikazes would have hit their target if they bailed out last second?

(probably :D)

What happens if you just lose access to your wallet? Will they just assume you are lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Weekly DCA there at approx, $47,400.

Will be smiling looking back at these posts when it’s $100k -$150k +.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Bye bye yesterday's gains. We begin the climb again. Ah well, tis expected but always a surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I love your little digs.

Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway returned investors no dividends and 0.93% in share price appreciation these past 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

iba wrote: »

I have 50% of my total portfolio in AAPL as well, it's was a no brainer 10 years ago. Maybe BTC would have been smarter!

Anyway I think it was a joke pointed at BizWiz who is a "wizard" when it comes to finance apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I have 50% of my total portfolio in AAPL as well, it's was a no brainer 10 years ago. Maybe BTC would have been smarter!

Anyway I think it was a joke pointed at BizWiz who is a "wizard" when it comes to finance apparently.

Because he makes your money disappear? :D

(sorry bizwiz :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Dash is on fire today

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

BITCOIN CASH off on another spin to the feckin moon

Don't know why get a lot of **** for being ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

mossy95 wrote: »

You jinxed it, it's droping back down now.

mossy95 wrote: »

You honestly don’t know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

cnocbui wrote: »
    I love your little digs.

Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway returned investors no dividends and 0.93% in share price appreciation these past 12 months.

Meanwhile you live on your private Caribbean island and lord it over the rest of the mere mortals in this game.

1000% of **** all is still **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Is it really Alt season though when the number one coin is already over double its ATH from last run? I can’t decide.

what more evidence do you need?

Theta pumped last 24hrs

VET pumping and its VTHO little sis doubled last night

we are in a full on MEGA ALT SEASON

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Whats your definition of a pump?? It's up 12% in the last 24hrs!

No exit strategy for me thanks, do you think the Kamikazes would have hit their target if they bailed out last second?

(probably :D)

one that beats the last one

if you dont have an exit strategy and take profits on the way up, then you will end up holding the bags after they drop

and there goes BCH

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How did Musk buy 1.5 billion of bitcoin. If only 21 million bitcoin exist,, how many coins did he get for 1.5 billion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

How did Musk buy 1.5 billion of bitcoin. If only 21 million bitcoin exist,, how many coins did he get for 1.5 billion

He got 1.5 billion worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can bitcoin really go to 1 million per coin by 2025 like they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

He got 1.5 billion worth.

I'd say that was an attempt at a wind up, well I'm hoping it was. $1.5bn / $46k is approx 32,609 BTC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

1 million what :)

Shells:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'd say that was an attempt at a wind up, well I'm hoping it was. $1.5bn / $46k is approx 32,609 BTC

The guy who posted to reddit a month before it was announced said the average buy-in price was a smidge over $33k for the first half at least. They likely have ~43k-45k BTC

He bought 42069 coins

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

He bought 42069 coins

What price at using per coin? Because I used a calculator @$46,000 per coin and comes about 32,608 coins approx.

edit: I just seen the post above yours and he said they bought the coins when they were worth less. So you probably have the correct figures.

That is scarily believable.

What price at using per coin? Because I used a calculator @$46,000 per coin and comes about 32,608 coins approx.

He was buying a month ago, not the day they announced it

• Advertisement

I’m only joking, 420/69

Perhaps not far off off though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement