Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

You honestly don’t know ?

You are not getting an invite this moon PART BOIII!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I’m only joking, 420/69

Perhaps not far off off though.

It's so close to being right that it might as well be in my head, he can't have overlooked the meme potential! Imagine ruining a perfect chance like that by buying even one more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    what more evidence do you need?

Theta pumped last 24hrs

VET pumping and its VTHO little sis doubled last night

we are in a full on MEGA ALT SEASON

I have coins that have gone 100% in the 2 weeks to a month since I've bought them and haven't gained a place by market cap. some have dropped places. it mightnt be 2017 crazy but I'd still call it an alt season

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

grindle wrote: »
    It's so close to being right that it might as well be in my head, he can't have overlooked the meme potential! Imagine ruining a perfect chance like that by buying even one more or less.

I’d say there is a 51% chance it’s exactly what he has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He bought 42069 coins

But I thought there is a certain amount of coins? what happens when they're all gone. Did people have to sell for him to buy ?

• Advertisement

But I thought there is a certain amount of coins? what happens when they're all gone. Did people have to sell for him to buy ?

There is currently 19million circulating supply. I think there is more than enough to last a while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My guess is when all coins are gone it will flop or sky rocket, it can go either way. No one knows unless you knew the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

1 Bitcoin is worth somewhere around $47,000. When he bought $1.5b worth it was probably around $30k.

If you buy 27euros worth of McDonalds chicken nuggets you will get about 98chicken nuggets.

There are currently 900 new coins produced every day. This halves every 4 years.

Coins themselves are devisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

jmlad2020 wrote: »

If you buy 27euros worth of McDonalds chicken nuggets you will get about 98chicken nuggets.
    Finally some proper analysis in this forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Anyone else look at Charles YouTube video about ada?

Looks like a big announcement coming for cardano this month in Africa and obviously smart contracts capable soon. My head says don't buy into that pump. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

BCH is on the rise again. €590 a coin

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

edit: I just seen the post above yours and he said they bought the coins when they were worth less. So you probably have the correct figures.

It was the act of Musk buying them that liquidated orders are dragged the price up.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Thargor wrote: »
    Finally some proper analysis in this forum...

Gotta keep it simple for the newbies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Did people have to sell for him to buy ?

Everything that you buy, requires a somebody to sell it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

Looks like BTC is about to hit $50k, I think it will take off from there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Anyone else look at Charles YouTube video about ada?

Looks like a big announcement coming for cardano this month in Africa and obviously smart contracts capable soon. My head says don't buy into that pump. Thoughts?

Presumably it's the Ethiopia thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something new for them as opposed to ADA becoming an official currency there that would be amazing though. He's been working on this for years going to be very interesting to see how it goes.

Looks like BTC is about to hit $50k, I think it will take off from there

50 was always the number I planned to sell a good portion at but now we're knocking at the door feels like what's the point in that! I would imagine that was the number for a lot of people who are probably also thinking the same. I always expected it to be a tough figure to crack but maybe it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Is there any guidance out there as to how crypto is to be reported to revenue or payments made? I.e. what section of the annual return it should be included in etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Any Nano holders about? What are your thoughts about it. On a bit of a rise but still needs to grow legs to get to past ATH.

• Advertisement

$49,500.

Too soon for $50k surely.

I mean I’m not complaining.

Defo a lot of sell orders at that point so I expect more volatility

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

$49,500.

Too soon for $50k surely.

I mean I’m not complaining.

Defo a lot of sell orders at that point so I expect more volatility

Yeah, probably a bit more volatility...but soon😄

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

BCH is on the rise again. €590 a coin

there is nothing wrong with keeping BCH aswell as BTC in your portfolio

In fact, I would be of the opinion that its a musk...!!!;)

jimmii wrote: »
    50 was always the number I planned to sell a good portion at but now we're knocking at the door feels like what's the point in that! I would imagine that was the number for a lot of people who are probably also thinking the same. I always expected it to be a tough figure to crack but maybe it won't.

if that was your intention, if it was me I would stick to that

dont let emotions get in the way, you need to start to control them now

you can always change your strategy and amount that you were considering to sell @ 50k, but I'm a firm believer that you take it off the table as you go

otherwise you will have so much anxiety when its up & down and you may have missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

My guess is when all coins are gone it will flop or sky rocket, it can go either way. No one knows unless you knew the future.

As the add says “When there gone, there gone”!
    But a few years yet - last one won’t be mined until 2140 !

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    if that was your intention, if it was me I would stick to that

dont let emotions get in the way, you need to start to control them now

you can always change your strategy and amount that you were considering to sell @ 50k, but I'm a firm believer that you take it off the table as you go

otherwise you will have so much anxiety when its up & down and you may have missed out

Sticking to a plan may be good but at the same time it's better to make decisions when you have more information. Thinking about moving 40%-50% into something else but nothing I don't have already is really jumping out at me.

Some amount of sh1tcoinery in here lately.

Stinks of 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Some amount of sh1tcoinery in here lately.

Stinks of 17.

I think it's the get rich inside 12 months mentality; people who want thousands of percent profit in a very short time frame. They see it as being too late with bitcoin as the prospect of mere 100-150% appreciation by the end of the year isn't enough of a prospect and only alt-season holds any hope for the bonanza they are after.

Be as calm as a rock in a stream. Let it flow around you as you hodl and accumulate.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I think it's the get rich inside 12 months mentality; people who want thousands of percent profit in a very short time frame. They see it as being too late with bitcoin as the prospect of mere 100-150% appreciation by the end of the year isn't enough of a prospect and only alt-season holds any hope for the bonanza they are after.

Be as calm as a rock in a stream. Let it flow around you as you hodl and accumulate.

Nice analogy.

Reminds me of a group of broke treasure hunters breaking into a Buddhist monastery.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Sticking to a plan may be good but at the same time it's better to make decisions when you have more information. Thinking about moving 40%-50% into something else but nothing I don't have already is really jumping out at me.

look at the ratio of BCH to BTC

back in Dec 2017 it was about 5.5:1

its now about 70:1

Thats where I would be putting it if I was looking to move some around

40-50% is a big chunk of your BTC to move....I'd be inclined to stick to about 25%, max 30%

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement