Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ninap

imfml wrote: »
    If you didn't have the confidence to invest before, why would you after a crash!?

I bought at 4k last March or so. But not much. I would happily buy again if it was 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Putting the wheels in motion shortly for packing in the day job as mentioned before. The spreadsheets are open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Putting the wheels in motion shortly for packing in the day job as mentioned before. The spreadsheets are open.

Best of luck man. That sure is the dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Rob2D wrote: »
    And a crash will only hurt us all. If you want in, buy the dips.

A crash only hurts those who sold to buy the dip. No loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

imfml wrote: »
    If you didn't have the confidence to invest before, why would you after a crash!?

I think he means a significant dip, not a crash.
    A crash would be catastrophic.

You can pick up dips in coin pairs when one is surging more than the other. I think that's the most we'll get for a bit,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

congrats, done it myself last year, more so from profits in 17/18, it is a great feeling, have things to keep you occupied, you would be surprised at how things can get boring, of course i speak partially from being in Covid times too

Mellor wrote: »
    I think he means a significant dip, not a crash.

You can pick up dips in coin pairs when one is surging more than the other. I think that's the most we'll get for a bit,

things appear quite different now though, i am not so sure there will be a "crash" again, dips of course, significant dips, of course but a crash??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Has anyone bought PHALA? A coin that is related to DOT? I was hoping to take a punt on it but it seems to be unavailable on most exchanges.

Has anyone bought PHALA? A coin that is related to DOT? I was hoping to take a punt on it but it seems to be unavailable on most exchanges.

It's on minor exchanges, would need to fully research it. Personally i think Dot is the next Eth (alongside eth) but i couldn't comment on a child project of it until researching. If you invested and it got listed on binance etc, you would be immediately in profit etc. looks ok but research a lot first. Total supply is right at my top end for investing @ 1 billion so personally i would probably not invest. I invested in DOT which has 24 million more total supply but DOT are these projects daddy etc, exception made.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/phala-network/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Mellor wrote: »

Just wait till China decides to sell.

• Advertisement

retraction, not so sure there will be a big sell off unless there is significant news/fud, just my opinion of course

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

It's on minor exchanges, would need to fully research it. Personally i think Dot is the next Eth (alongside eth) but i couldn't comment on a child project of it until researching. If you invested and it got listed on binance etc, you would be immediately in profit etc. looks ok but research a lot first. Total supply is right at my top end for investing @ 1 billion so personally i would probably not invest. I invested in DOT which has 24 million more total supply but DOT are these projects daddy etc, exception made.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/phala-network/

Would you mind elaborating on this, or explaining why to a newb?

Would you mind elaborating on this, or explaining why to a newb?

High level

more supply = lower value, Basically Phala potential supply is 45x of Bitcoin. so to equal the bitcoin market cap, it would want to achieve 1k each(obviously never going to happen) and btc is the daddy, i would personally set a $10 target on Phala if all goes very well.

High level

more supply = lower value, Basically Phala potential supply is 45x of Bitcoin. so to equal the bitcoin market cap, it would want to achieve 1k each(obviously never going to happen) and btc is the daddy, i would personally set a $10 target on Phala if all goes very well.

Gotcha!

High level

Buying at 0.29 and selling at 10.00 in a few years would be nice

High level

Excuse my ignorance but by that reasoning how did ETH get to 1500 and its max supply is slightly greater. Again I haven't a clue so just curious and trying to educate myself so appreciate your patience.

Excuse my ignorance but by that reasoning how did ETH get to 1500 and its max supply is slightly greater. Again I haven't a clue so just curious and trying to educate myself so appreciate your patience.

I have similar struggles. I get the technology and that's why I bought Aave & Matic, and another few coins that I like, but don't understand what's stopping Matic from going to $1000 for example.

EDIT: As a result, I only have a few K in the two major coins and a few dabbles elsewhere, but I do like the Matic project and would love to invest a lot more but would have no idea what a good return on that would be, or what a maximum potential return might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

congrats, done it myself last year, more so from profits in 17/18, it is a great feeling, have things to keep you occupied, you would be surprised at how things can get boring, of course i speak partially from being in Covid times too

Fair play ! Yeah I will likely work for myself part time due to the nature of my industry before more than likely emigrating before realising any gains.

eths is 114,625,442, ah i see what your looking at , i am looking at total supply phalas is 1,000,000,000

I am not totally against such projects with a total supply of circa 1,000,000,000, just has to be the right one for me.

I have similar struggles. I get the technology and that's why I bought Aave & Matic, and another few coins that I like, but don't understand what's stopping Matic from going to $1000 for example.

EDIT: As a result, I only have a few K in the two major coins and a few dabbles elsewhere, but I do like the Matic project and would love to invest a lot more but would have no idea what a good return on that would be, or what a maximum potential return might be.

Matic supply = 10,000,000,000 where as Aaave = 16,000,000, quite the difference :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

26.jpg
    A couple of day ago Someone did not want LINK above $26,(wanting to accumulate?) eventually pressure was too much and it moved higher, same happened when Link was kept below $6 and once it broke out it shot to $20
    Then we have this announcement
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mastercard-let-merchants-accept-payments-203630308.html
    Anyone thats been keeping an eye on Link will know Mastercard will be using Link to confirm the price of BTC among other things.
    This is confirmation of real world use coming this year, in other words the rocket is prepped and on the launch pad ready for launch.

I can hear the herd in the distance, a stampede into Link wont be far away if articles like the following continue, Bitcoin.com, the name recognition alone will get the masses interested
    https://news.bitcoin.com/the-many-facts-pointing-to-chainlinks-sergey-nazarov-being-satoshi-nakamoto/

26.jpg
    A couple of day ago Someone did not want LINK above $26,(wanting to accumulate?) eventually pressure was too much and it moved higher, same happened when Link was kept below $6 and once it broke out it shot to $20
    Then we have this announcement
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mastercard-let-merchants-accept-payments-203630308.html
    Anyone thats been keeping an eye on Link will know Mastercard will be using Link to confirm the price of BTC among other things.
    This is confirmation of real world use coming this year, in other words the rocket is prepped and on the launch pad ready for launch.

I can hear the herd in the distance, a stampede into Link wont be far away if articles like the following continue, Bitcoin.com, the name recognition alone will get the masses interested
    https://news.bitcoin.com/the-many-facts-pointing-to-chainlinks-sergey-nazarov-being-satoshi-nakamoto/

doesn't mention Link in the mastercard article? please post some urls, genuinely interested.

The last url is just a rumour that personally i don't believe. As said, i wish you well though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Threw a few quid into GME. Thought it was great. Lost my hole! Nothing I couldnt afford to lose thems the breaks.

Anyway trying to recoup my losses and I am liking the looking of link.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

doesn't mention Link in the mastercard article? please post some urls, genuinely interested.

The last url is just a rumour that personally i don't believe. As said, i wish you well though!

Graphics put out by Chainlink show them working with Mastercard amongst others, its all there to see, when LINK explodes in price it will be one of the most obvious things , everyone not holding will be kicking themselves at how obvious it all was, just need to do a little research and confirm for yourself.
    Look at who is using Chainlink, its everywhere, all these Coins/Tokens you and others believe will make you rich, you know that they are completely reliant on Chainlink to work, without Chainlink they are going nowhere.
    You dont have to believe me check it out yourself, off the top of my head who is partnered up with LINK , BNB, ZILI, ICX, DOT, AVAX, ATOM, XTZ, the list goes on and on, they all need LINK to function.
    Once these projects start to have real world uses and the LINK connection is common knowledge the price will take off harder and faster that you can imagine

If the following was false the legal teams of these companies would be onto Link to remove their images/name , they have not, what does that tell you?
    link.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

This is the ultimate dream! I presume your total value of cryptos is in the 7 figures !?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Threw a few quid into GME. Thought it was great. Lost my hole! Nothing I couldnt afford to lose thems the breaks.

Anyway trying to recoup my losses and I am liking the looking of link.

I did the same, just bought one share as I knew it was a big gamble and didn't want to lose too much. The value has gotten so low now that I'm not even going to bother selling. I'll keep it "just in case."

Graphics put out by Chainlink show them working with Mastercard amongst others, its all there to see, when LINK explodes in price it will be one of the most obvious things , everyone not holding will be kicking themselves at how obvious it all was, just need to do a little research and confirm for yourself.
    Look at who is using Chainlink, its everywhere, all these Coins/Tokens you and others believe will make you rich, you know that they are completely reliant on Chainlink to work, without Chainlink they are going nowhere.
    You dont have to believe me check it out yourself, off the top of my head who is partnered up with LINK , BNB, ZILI, ICX, DOT, AVAX, ATOM, XTZ, the list goes on and on, they all need LINK to function.
    Once these projects start to have real world uses and the LINK connection is common knowledge the price will take off harder and faster that you can imagine

If the following was false the legal teams of these companies would be onto Link to remove their images/name , they have not, what does that tell you?
    link.jpg
    All speculation, don't overshill, which you do be doing.that 's all i am saying, personally i don't believe in it and anyway it is circa $25 now, the boat for me has been missed, plus supply at my max threshold. Best of luck. I do like Dot and Icx (looking at those partnerships). Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yearn Finance breaking out

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Yearn Finance breaking out

Well damn. I kept telling myself I'd buy the dips because it kept going up and down 10k on Coinbase and in the end I never did end up buying any of it and now it's just shot up. Oh well.

• Advertisement

Jafin wrote: »
    Well damn. I kept telling myself I'd buy the dips because it kept going up and down 10k on Coinbase and in the end I never did end up buying any of it and now it's just shot up. Oh well.

hard to know what's going on with it though, so i think your decision was correct :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement