Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    look at the ratio of BCH to BTC

back in Dec 2017 it was about 5.5:1

its now about 70:1

Thats where I would be putting it if I was looking to move some around

40-50% is a big chunk of your BTC to move....I'd be inclined to stick to about 25%, max 30%

You know it’s down against BTC because nobody wants it right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

says who?

the ratio was 100:1 not so long ago

its all about percentages

its cheap, quick & secure for day to day purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have some, I want it and I want it to go up, so not all of us are anti. I'd love it if BCG and Satoshi vision took off also.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What would musk make in profit if he sold today.

Nice analogy.

Reminds me of a group of broke treasure hunters breaking into a Buddhist monastery.

Looks like Greece is also having a crack at attracting retirees - income tax of 7% for ten years and CGT of 15% with none on share trading gains.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/19/sun-sea-safety-greece-woos-british-pensioners-with-7-income-tax-rate

I get the impression property is pretty cheap, too.

• Advertisement

up 600mil I think

cnocbui wrote: »
    Looks like Greece is also having a crack at attracting retirees - income tax of 7% for ten years and CGT of 15% with none on share trading gains.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/19/sun-sea-safety-greece-woos-british-pensioners-with-7-income-tax-rate

I get the impression property is pretty cheap, too.

I remember going there 4yrs ago on hols, went for lunch one day to a restaurant, family of 4 I think it was no more than €20

They made $365 million in one day - Feb 8-9th
    News › Bitcoin › Adoption
    Tesla made more money buying BTC in one day than it did selling cars last quarter
    https://cryptoslate.com/tesla-made-more-money-buying-btc-in-one-day-than-it-did-selling-cars-last-quarter/

However, their share price is utterly inexplicable to me.

They made $365 million in one day - Feb 8-9th

https://cryptoslate.com/tesla-made-more-money-buying-btc-in-one-day-than-it-did-selling-cars-last-quarter/

However, their share price is utterly inexplicable to me.

he's made nothing unless he sells

Well yes, but they make all those cars, sell them and they aren't making any money off those either, if one excludes subsidies and carbon credits. A company that can't turn a profit making cars being valued at more than all other car manufacturers combined. Truly strange.

• Advertisement

So selling into a depreciating currency is the definition of a gain these days?

says who?

the ratio was 100:1 not so long ago

its all about percentages

its cheap, quick & secure for day to day purchases

Says the price history of it compared to other assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I think it's the get rich inside 12 months mentality; people who want thousands of percent profit in a very short time frame. They see it as being too late with bitcoin as the prospect of mere 100-150% appreciation by the end of the year isn't enough of a prospect and only alt-season holds any hope for the bonanza they are after.g

Be as calm as a rock in a stream. Let it flow around you as you hodl and accumulate.

There was an article in one of the edibburgh papers about a couple of friends who were "traders" who were encouraging every millennial to get in now on this bull run and get rich in no time. They started with $2k a year ago and were now sitting on over $100k by looking at the market guessing which way it was going to go that day and use as much leverage as they could get hold of to back it. Sounded absolutely suicidal. The article has been taken down now would imagine someone sensible pointed out how high risk what they were doing was. You'd swear they had been doing it years they were like yeah we got in early it was under $20k per bitcoin when we started lol! Those are the type of articles that worry me encouraging people to do that sort of thing with money they likely can't afford to be doing it with.

Gone but here is the archive link.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210213122853/https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/business/young-edinburgh-cryptocurrency-traders-encourage-young-entrepreneurs-follow-suit-3133820

Would imagine any other time trying this over the last few years it wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of weeks and the article would have been about poor students losing all their money on this crypto nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I think it's the get rich inside 12 months mentality; people who want thousands of percent profit in a very short time frame. They see it as being too late with bitcoin as the prospect of mere 100-150% appreciation by the end of the year isn't enough of a prospect and only alt-season holds any hope for the bonanza they are after.

Be as calm as a rock in a stream. Let it flow around you as you hodl and accumulate.

I think your right and i think its okay. Let people make a few quid quickly if they can.
    As long as they aren't getting into financial difficulty more power to em. I have holdings of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

U hate it so much lol. On 609 now oh boy and I'm loving it! Tiny fees and speedy pay. What's not to love. BCH will be at 1k by mid March at least.

mossy95 wrote: »
    U hate it so much lol. On 609 now oh boy and I'm loving it! Tiny fees and speedy pay. What's not to love. BCH will be at 1k by mid March at least.

Never said I hate it. No talk about it for years but then once stuff gets going it starts getting shilled again despite performing horrendously against its father when you zoom out.

Can’t stand Roger Ver. Used to jip himself over bitcoin before the greed kicked in.

It’s down 68% against BTC in 52 weeks

antgal23 wrote: »
    If you go back in the thread 4 weeks you'll see plenty of people bought closer to 42 than 5 k

By my maths they arent doing too well

Still advising people to buy red days?

Radio silence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Can’t stand Roger Ver. Used to jip himself over bitcoin before the greed kicked in.

That's a little disingenuous, if BTC stuck to the whitepaper's proposition and everything Satoshi had said he'd still be jipping himself over BTC. BCH wouldn't exist.

grindle wrote: »
    That's a little disingenuous, if BTC stuck to the whitepaper's proposition and everything Satoshi had said he'd still be jipping himself over BTC. BCH wouldn't exist.

He controls Bitcoin.com & tries to sell BCH there / spread BCH propaganda. Deceiver.

He fell out with core devs and their story is the one I prefer hence my op.

He forked to increase his own holdings and now he sticks to a failing coin despite all the arguments against him in order to maintain his image.

His Twitter feed reminds me of trumps a bit before it was banned, lots of fake / made up facts / general BS.

All my opinion but he is not out to do good. He has Kim Dotcom shilling it again this week. Enough said.

As above, there’s a reason it’s one of the worst performing coins in the last few years.

Sticking to BTC for now. I hope holders of it make money and do well but I won’t let it be shilled to me without sharing my own opinion (as I get when I post BTC news).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

A correction?
    A big dirty V?

Lots of red percentages....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

up 600mil I @think

Unlikely to be close to that tbh.

Decided last night to sell ALGO. Made 300%+ from when I got it 5th Jan. First time in a year I have decided to take a profit and be happy with that. Was almost tempted to do same with LINK but I can see a long term future for it, so will hold off.
    Maybe today will see a good dip so that I can add to BTC and ETH with the cash from ALGO.

Decided last night to sell ALGO. Made 300%+ from when I got it 5th Jan. First time in a year I have decided to take a profit and be happy with that. Was almost tempted to do same with LINK but I can see a long term future for it, so will hold off.
    Maybe today will see a good dip so that I can add to BTC and ETH with the cash from ALGO.

What’s your approx BTC & ETH dip buy in target?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

That's funny. I was just thinking about buying ALGO now in this dip. I passed over it in Jan but I still think it has a ways to go this year.

May also get XRP and BNB. I think XRP might yet surprise us all things considered. And BNB, another one I passed over, seems pretty solid going forward.

So many crypto's on sale today! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Doodee wrote: »
    Any Nano holders about? What are your thoughts about it. On a bit of a rise but still needs to grow legs to get to past ATH.

Ah the glory days of XRB. I remember it went stratospheric and everyone was excited about it winning a fan vote to be the next coin listed on binance. Then I just held and held and held until it all fell apart. Only bothered consolidating it all and selling last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Did the same, got lucky with getting in early but only converted my initial investment to btc/eth.
    Algo is a long term hold and very solid investment imo, either it'll be top 10 or nothing but it could contend with eth longterm, slow and steady coin with brains behind the operation , none of that loud obnoxious shilling from other projects

What’s your approx BTC & ETH dip buy in target?

I am probably singing with Cuckoo's but when BTC hits the $50k line, it will either see a nice big dip, hopefully over 20% in which case I am straight in there to top up. However, given the ever increasing popularity with Joe public as well as small and large investors, it's entirely possible we will see a continuing upward trend with no spectacular dips. That reminds me to buy a Euromillions ticket.
    I don't like to speculate on ETH. My concern with ETH is the potential competition coming along the line and the excruciatingly painfully slow upgrade. Am staying in it though and it accounts for 42% of my crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Peter Schiff doing his usual bitcoin bashing and mentioned this guy as validation.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1360480666509533185
    Honestly not sure

1) Who this guy is (obviously seems to be math savvy though)
    2) Exactly what relevance 'deviation from the mean' has to BTC

and people in replies pointing out various things - starting from $0 skewers the chart and if rising price = volatility, so what?

But IDK, looking at the chart and assuming it repeats maybe the worst that it shows is that volatility will steady in short-term so price will hold in around where it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Has anyone cashed out using ledger live via coinify?just wondering whats the best way to cash out long term crypto with minimal fees

Network fees transferring from binance to ledger are insane

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement