Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Man your obsession with me is weird and that’s like the 5th or 6th time I’ve had to tell you this publicly, you’ve been punished for it another handful of times. You’re the one who made the original point that the thread might be problematic, now you’re just finding any excuse to argue with me even if it contradicts your own point!

Just mute me. We’re not friends, we’re not ‘rivals’ or whatever you see me as to need to argue with every single thing I say (even if it actually agrees with a point you yourself made). Stop. This isn’t normal behaviour. Just move on with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's a discussion board. I'm having a discussion. Haven't done anything against any mod instructions here so no need for bringing up any past interactions. Thanks. I just don't think that you telling everyone to cop on and and think the right way (i.e. your perceived way) is conducive to a good forum. I'd also guess that most folks here are well aware it's 2020, too, and didn't really need you to mention that.

Oh and the original point was made with tongue firmly placed in cheek. I could take or leave the thread :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

General note to all(action Has been taken - ban ):If for whatever reason in the future you happen to get a mod being nice enough to just give you an in thread warning in stead of taking action against you please be smart and don’t continue to argue your point. Mods stop being nice after a while.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

General note to all(action Has been taken - ban ):If for whatever reason in the future you happen to get a mod being nice enough to just give you an in thread warning in stead of taking action against you please be smart and don’t continue to argue your point. Mods stop being nice after a while.

Leggo has taken his grievances to Twitter now, and is trying to drag the whole forum through the mud. What happened to his caring so much about the community and the numbers posting in the forum?

Leggo has taken his grievances to Twitter now, and is trying to drag the whole forum through the mud. What happened to his caring so much about the community and the numbers posting in the forum?

The last line is so so so steeped in irony. “Read the room lads”, he says. They did. Most people on the forum have no bother looking at beautiful, athletic and confident women who post pictures of themselves. Shocking. Maybe if he could just apply that to that himself the very odd time this wouldn’t have happened. The lads part grates the most, as if he’s giving a sermon... which tbh it always feels like anyway. But guys, it’s the current year!!! Honestly, giving out stink about a thread you say you’ve never posted on or clicked on. Also failed to address the point that the wrestlers themselves are the ones posting the glamour shots.

I for one won’t miss his self serving essays and lectures of morality. Twitter is welcome to him. And before anyone says anything, he has his own Twitter in his signature on every post. I find that a bit narcissistic myself but that’s just my opinion, I won’t tell you all what to think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

We're all so unwoke.

I very seldom even go on the thread in question. I’m gonna go on it now and see if there’s anything genuinely not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've seen that same tweet myself. All over one thread, I mean maybe he had a point in his long winded diatribe, but went about it in such a roundabout way and then attacking everyone.

I mean if he had raised it as something like, in light of the recent explosion of the #speakingout on Twitter, maybe a review of said thread could be initiated/get everyone's thoughts on it.

But what's done is done unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

jesus people really dont take well to bans do they haha

like the other fella calling us a forum full of arseholes then comes crawling back ;)

Agreed. The overall preachy and lecturing “lads, do better” tone takes away from any decent points for me. I’d love to actually know what the main gripe is. I think things like creeping on wardrobe malfunctions are vile or slowing down gifs of someone getting in to a ring. But saying “she’s gorgeous” about a vanity shot is a league and a bit away from that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ah Jaysus. I normally don't mind the guy and would more often than not come down on his side in discussions but this is such a silly thing to even get into an argument over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Boards isn't what it once was but it's funny, as I've always found the PW Forum one of the few left that will openly welcome new users.

It is really unfortunate he took this line given this forum has given him a big platform to push his gatherings. I'd admire him for taking such a stand if not for the fact that he's missed the mark so woefully it's actually comical.

Necro wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus. I normally don't mind the guy and would more often than not come down on his side in discussions but this is such a silly thing to even get into an argument over!

Read the room necro ffs. This doesn’t fit into 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just search up Leggo's Twitter. He posted a screenshot of his ban.
    Wait, he's only banned for a week?!!?!?!? :pac: and he's making such a big stink about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

In regards to the thread in question I think the poster made some pretty decent points though..

It’s creepy at best
    Yes wrestlers post things in their instagrams, but let’s be real here, the entire point of that thread is to be “oh look women attractive. Let a large group of people (predominantly male) leer at these women, by reposting on a platform that wasn’t intended.

It’s not a thread I delve into, and I may be wrong on that, but certainly when compared to the rest of PW, which is usually quite good for discussion, it’s a thread which relevance and decency of are rightly to be questioned

Wait, he's only banned for a week?!!?!?!? :pac: and he's making such a big stink about this?

Yeah you’d never do that would ya?!! Calling us arseholes on After Hours after your ban :D

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yeah you’d never do that would ya?!! Calling us arseholes on After Hours after your ban :D

Wasn't wrong tho was i? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

bennyl10 wrote:
    It’s not a thread I delve into, and I may be wrong on that, but certainly when compared to the rest of PW, which is usually quite good for discussion, it’s a thread which relevance and decency of are rightly to be questioned

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but another thread in the forum isn't the place for this type of discussion imo. And then when a mod gives a friendly warning to have a pop at the forum moderation, just lol.

If there's an issue with a thread then PM the mods or take it to Help Desk, don't go bitching and whining on another thread about it that's just asking for trouble.

bennyl10 wrote: »

That can be done without saying the entire userbase are neckbeards sharing masturbatory fantasies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

funny thing is I dont think most here would have a problem if someone closed the thread but he came across as so preachy and at a time the thread has been rarely posted in the last few months

• Advertisement

Wasn't wrong tho was i? :pac:

Debatable :p

sky88 wrote: »
    funny thing is I dont think most here would have a problem if someone closed the thread but he came across as so preachy and at a time the thread has been rarely posted in the last few months

Good point. And since the #SpeakOut movement began nobody has posted a solitary thing in there. So you could argue that the room has been read

lads.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    In regards to the thread in question I think the poster made some pretty decent points though..

It’s creepy at best
    Yes wrestlers post things in their instagrams, but let’s be real here, the entire point of that thread is to be “oh look women attractive. Let a large group of people (predominantly male) leer at these women, by reposting on a platform that wasn’t intended.

Just on that very subject in regards leering, have you ever seen the comments section when such posts are made on Instagram? They're extremely intrusive. In the case of the thread here at least the comments are essentially disabled in order to stamp out such talk.

I've low activity in the thread and it wouldn't bother me if it was nixed, but I think it's important to stand up for the character of the forum and its posters when no wrong has been done.

sky88 wrote: »

Leggo is something else :p
    See actually I knew Leggo IRL and I am sure if I posted a dozen things about the man I would get a ban (so i'm not gonna :p ) but you would shake your head at those dozen things.

Just who he is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I’m not going to discuss moderation on thread after this but suffice to say it was not his grievance it was his way of posting. The mods and other posters were having a discussion on the topic he spoke about and there is no issue with discussing said topic.

Either way, he's now put the whole PW forum unfairly on blast by airing/posting it on Twitter.

I very seldom even go on the thread in question. I’m gonna go on it now and see if there’s anything genuinely not acceptable.

Saw one kinda off-colour comment in the final 6 pages of the thread fwiw.

Saw one kinda off-colour comment in the final 6 pages of the thread fwiw.

One kinda off colour comment over how many years and pages of the threads existence? Or multiple threads, if there's been that many iterations of the thread in question.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Either way, he's now put the whole PW forum unfairly on blast by airing/posting it on Twitter.

He might get past the 1k followers mark with this crusade that's the main thing.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »

That’s how twitter works from what I can tell. All it takes is an accusation and then the troops are mobilized. Discourse and reason take a back seat and whateverphobic and toxic become fact.

Now the pro wrestling section of boards is full of misogynistic creeps according to whoever follows that profile, which includes plenty from the Irish Wrestling community. A cowardly and low effort.

Advertisement