Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's not on her insta, where is that pic of Becky from?

It is v weird to not see her blistering shock of red hair!

Reddit probably, should it have been posted? :pac:

It is mind boggling weird seeing her without the bright orange hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's not on her insta, where is that pic of Becky from?

It is v weird to not see her blistering shock of red hair!

Saw it on Reddit. Someone said it was from a hairdresser's instagram. They also said her haidresser is Seth's ex!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,423 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whichever Fed signs the Good Brothers should start introducing them with vignettes of them digging themselves out of a grave.

Whichever Fed signs the Good Brothers should start introducing them with vignettes of them digging themselves out of a grave.

According to internet rumour, they're both Impact bound, while Anderson mentioned on Twitter or Instagram about meeting some Elite brothers on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since it showed him in the newest video, I thought for a second you were on about Misterrrrrrrrr Anderson.

• Advertisement

Anderson

Sorry for a rant as a first message :D

I enjoy AEW for the most part but I can't stand Cody Rhodes!! His elaborate entrance, his ring gear, his move set (drop down uppercut, disaster kick, Cody cutter all look like ****e), his finisher, hiring his **** mates (Shawn Spears, QT Marshall and I presume in the near future - Zack Ryder), absolutely no need to have Arn as his "coach" and his talentless wife being involved in storylines. Talking absolute bollox as well like AEW have the best UK TV deal ever.

Taking the unprotected chair shot to the head + bringing his dog out onto the stage when pyro was going off and scaring him ****less was so unnecessary. I really hope he turns heel soon so he'll be a lot more bearable.

Sorry haha

Sorry one more random thought haha

I think the refs in AEW are awful and out of the WWE releases their first priority should be to sign Mike Chioda to train their refs. I saw a quote from Aubrey Edwards on Jericho's podcast saying that she wouldn't join WWE because their refs aren't allowed to have a personality. Refs shouldn't have a personality! The best refs are the ones you don't notice and I think Aubrey especially is over the top with her reactions and it's completely off putting.

Plus she's involved in a conspiracy against Britt Baker.
    I'm not a fan of Aubrey. Strange she said that to Jericho when she said in a sit down with Cody in one of the earlier episodes of Dynamite that she went for a try out with WWE and they didn't take her on.
    I agree about refs for the most part. The fact we know who Mike Chioda is shows they do enough to be known without being a distraction. They get involved when they need to. In AEW Aubrey seems to be the only ref who acts the way she does. She gets in wrestler's faces far too often as well. Being confrontational should only happen on occasion.

As for your point about Cody, I don't see him turning any time soon. Not until they build another face of the company. He's basically their Cena. And by face I mean it in both company and wrestling terms. Though that's my opinion

I had an irrational dislike for Mike Chioda because he used to do the devil horns hand gesture to signify a two count.

Showboating.

• Advertisement

That was due to his time with Linkin Park

J. Marston wrote: »
    I had an irrational dislike for Mike Chioda because he used to do the devil horns hand gesture to signify a two count.

Showboating.

Devils horns hand gesture after a 2, can say I've never noticed that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Pleasantly surprised (and happy to be wrong!) to see both Kurt AND Storm in iMPACT! Wasn't sure where to post this but the promo is worth a looksee as our boardsie says

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1278728600578142211

Days spent as champion (main roster) since 2016 brand split (from Reddit)...

dh3shxppgh851.jpg

Quite surprised that even with all her reigns, Charlotte still hasn't reached a year and is behind Asuka, Bayley, Becky and Alexa. I also thought Rollins would be second.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Jesus Kurt's shrunken a bit since I seen a pic of him last. Even his head looks smaller.

Looks like counting double title holders twice.

But goes to show they need to plan things better with Charlotte. Taking a quick look and seems she lost the title within a month 5 times. And 1 of those was within a week and 1 within a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,646 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sure Sasha and charlotte in 2016 had a really good feud but the title was going back and like a tennis ball. I don't think Sasha has held any singles title on the main roster for more than a month. Is that week title reign involving Bayley ?

Yep. Her 2 shortest reigns were due to Bayley.
    Charlotte beat Becky at Mitb then Bayley cashed in.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_SmackDown_Women%27s_Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Jesus Kurt's shrunken a bit since I seen a pic of him last. Even his head looks smaller.

That’s not recent is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That’s not recent is it?
    Dunno, last time I'd seen a pic of him he was a good bit bigger.

And redder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here's an interesting tidbit.

Sting was on 1 million dollars per year when he was in TNA (half paid by TNA and the other half paid by the network TNA was on) and in 2007 he had a total of 24 matches.
    That works out at 41 thousand per match and most of his matches in that year lasted around 10 minutes or under with his longest being 19:36 seconds in a 4 way.

So to put that into prospective Sting, who was 48 at the time, would earn more in 10 minutes than most people would make in a year. He also, on average, wrestled three times per month to earn that.

I think it becomes more clear why Sting never went to WWE during the 2000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder how many jobbers are still making a living from past appearances in major promotions

Does the 'Former WWE/WCW superstar' still sell. That 'American Wrestling' promotion that tours GAA centres i bet has a few has beens

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder how many jobbers are still making a living from past appearances in major promotions

Does the 'Former WWE/WCW superstar' still sell. That 'American Wrestling' promotion that tours GAA centres i bet has a few has beens

Going back a bit now, but previous wrestlers did at one point before the network.
    Chris Candido in an RF shoot (iirc 2003) talked about how he was still getting royalties from Summer slam 95.

Kid Kash would later say in a shoot how he received a nice cheque from appearing in one of the WWE video games even tho he was out of there at that point.

Can't exactly remember which one of them said it but the sum "3 thousand dollars" was said by either men. Pretty certain is was Chris tho.
    All gone now thanks to the network and I remember reading a few years ago that you get nothing from the network but your pay for the night is better these days.

It's said that initially after your WWE run your booking fee is pretty alright. But that dwindles over time. I'd go as far as to say that if we haven't heard of them - as in they're not in tna, roh, mlw, Mexico, japan etc then they are barely eeking any money from wrestling in obscure Indy's.

And being all Lonely Virgil at conventions, etc.
    I'd say one-off appearances at TV shows for whatever reason lets them increase their price again temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

That’s not recent is it?

its from 2011

24 years ago a huge moment in pro wrestling history happened when hulk hogan aka the Ego turned on WCW and the NWO was born. And I don't think it's a thing here but bobby Heenan didn't ruin anything because his comment about which side was hogan on, was COMPLETELY in line with Heenan being distrustful of hogan going back to the AWA and through their time in WWF.

30 years ago today sting won the worlds title from ric flair at GAB 1990. Ric was right to wait for sting to come back from injury to do what he'd planned to do. Ric wanted to make sting a star, and if he'd dropped the title to Luger who then dropped it to sting it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good for sting.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    24 years ago a huge moment in pro wrestling history happened when hulk hogan aka the Ego turned on WCW and the NWO was born. And I don't think it's a thing here but bobby Heenan didn't ruin anything because his comment about which side was hogan on, was COMPLETELY in line with Heenan being distrustful of hogan going back to the AWA and through their time in WWF.

Completely agree about Heenan!! I can't believe people still maintain that he spoiled the heel turn. No way anyone heard him say that and thought "Hogan is definitely turning heel here". Bobby was slagging off Hogan on commentary for years haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I don't think he spoiled the heel turn but he probably could have thought of something else at the time like "That cowardly Hogan finally shows his face. He's been hiding in the back all match" or something more witty than what I wrote :D.

• Advertisement

What is single handedly the worst angle in pro wrestling of all time?

... It has to be RoboCop in WCW :pac: just watched it there on the network. Robo comes out and saves Sting in the steel cage. As he "bends" the bars the cage door opens then he quickly tears the door off :pac:

Advertisement