Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Aye, peak Attitude Era had what 8/9 million people watching weekly between Raw and Nitro?

Smackdown hits 2 million the odd time these days, Raw about 1.5 while AEW is around the 1 million mark.

That's a lot of trash watchers back in the day!😂

When Cody got that tattoo on his neck I thought it was one of the worst tattoos I'd ever seen.

It has since grown on me and I really like it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Aw Shucky Ducky Quack Quack!

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hulk Hogan (48) was three years younger than The Rock (51) is now going into Wrestlemania 40 when he faced The Rock at Wrestlemania 18.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is this the greatest t-shirt WWE have ever produced? 😂 It's vile, and yet I adore it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

4th of July and WWE had a baby and that T-shirt was it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The WCW Spring Break shows I can’t imagine how awesome they must have been as a fan in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭briany

You know the way back in the old days you'd have these managers like Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart and Slick who would each have their own stable of talent? Well, that's mostly gone away in wrestling proper, but all those old guys who are still around are being co-opted into stables of a new kind, i.e. doing shows with wrestling podcasters. You have James Romero of WSI who's doing regular shows with Dutch Mantell and Shane Douglas. Then, you have Marcus DeAngelo who's doing shows with Million Dollar Man, Hacksaw Duggan and Jake the Snake. Also, there is of course Conrad Thompson who has or had shows with Eric Bishoff, Bruce Prichard, Mick Foley, Ric Flair, Jeff Jarrett, J.R., Kurt Angle and more. I could also mention Brian Last, even though I think Jim Cornette's the only really big name he has, but those shows are some of the highest rated, if not the highest rated, shows out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Drew's Twitter has been outstanding lately.

Maradona invented The Shining Wizard in 1984 @2 seconds not The Great Muta in 2001.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

From watching the Legned series and DSOTR it's easy to notice that the pro wrestling profession has a lot of divorces and marriage separations

It's the perfect storm for it, I imagine. You're on the road for most of the year and if you're not with a partner in the wrestling business travelling with you, it's probably it's a big strain on a relationship. You'd need to be comfortable with the long distance thing a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Listening to Becky's book on Audible. It's funny and charming so far, she's very funny talking about her early days in wrestling and the NWA Ireland vs IWW "feud".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

*delete me

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As we're in Mania week and it's looking like Romans universal title Reign (pun not intended) will be ending

Im guessing the record might never be broken by someone else. Cody will be a great champion but a very lengthy Reign might not work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's only Monday before WM and already we have:

• Punk interview burying AEW
    • More Vince news out
    • AEW Releases for the first time
    • Becky/Rhea attack on the MMA Hour
    • Another very solid Raw

Should be a solid week of drama and wrestling. Hoping Tony goes on the bag again and hits Twitter for max entertainment.

GCW have a punjabi prison match this weekend also - truly wild.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Punjabi Prison😂 there's a blast from the past I didn't need!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Has anyone watched the Bray Wyatt documentary, yet? Interested in hearing thoughts on it.

I thought as a documentary covering his career at times it didn't feel that insightful, regarding the Wyatt family in particular I thought it felt not too detailed.

On the other hand, I think the insight into the Fiend and the way he was booked being frustrating and basically ruining the character and story Bray had in his head was interesting.

Didn't expect it to go so in depth into his death as well, very hard not to get emotional watching the last twenty or so minutes. Impossible not to feel bad for Bo either. It almost feels too recent and still fresh but thought it was a worthy watch all the same.

On another note and I'll put this in spoilers in case peopel prefer the surprise when they watch.

Them showing what the next Fiend costume was and the easter eggs involving them was pretty damn cool. Definitely seems like they are going to bring back Uncle Howdy with Bo too, they hint at it pretty hard. IF done right it could work but definitely a really hard thing to nail and if it doesn't work it could be perceived as pretty awful. For all the stuff of Bray's that I didn't like, he was always a fascinating presence and it's a shame we didn't get to see his vision play out in full as much as it could be frustrating watching it week to week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

An unfortunate thing for Bray Wyatt/His characters was when the bell rang the life got sucked out of the crowds almost always.

The characters were the selling point, not his in-ring, so it was always tough

• Advertisement

Goldberg beating The Fiend absolutely destroyed the character and he could never recover his aura after that for me. Still an absolutely baffling decision. I know the plan was Roman vs Goldberg at Mania, then COVID put paid to that... But they could have done Goldberg and Reigns without the belt. It was such a frustrating time.

Brilliant character/s however the man couldn't work bell to bell, The build up to his matches were usually very good but even after a while that also became over kill.

He has a brilliant creative mind and you could see from the doc that part was of more interest to him the making the movie parts not the in ring product.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking on Monday, the week of wrestling that I'll be watching:

• Monday: Raw
    • Tuesday:NXT
    • Wednesday: AEW
    • Thursday: RoH, Impact
    • Friday: Smackdown, Rampage, Supercard of Honor
    • Saturday: NXT, Mania night 1, Collision
    • Sunday: Mania night 2

Was checking to see if Collision was on Saturday and I see it was recorded last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Does anyone else watch The Major Wrestling Figure Podcast and Vlogs on Youtube

I really enjoy watching Matt, Bryan and Mark.

I don't collect figures or anything like that but I still love watching the toy hunts and I don't know why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Imagine spending mad money on WM tickets only to be just behind those people with the giant head signs. I would have gotten violent 😅

Couldn't believe those signs weren't taken off them. Ridiculous carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I do! Big fan of it. Lads just nerding out over figures tis truly right up my alley!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Might give this a try myself. Recently joined a few Facebook groups on figures and I now want to collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

It Can get quite expensive! If you have a smyths in your area they generallybdo some great deals towards the end of a figures cycle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I've been looking at collecting the old Hasbro WWF ones. Mad money for some still in boxes

Advertisement