Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

BDI wrote: »
    Am I right in saying he has no plans to cut weight. He is going into the fight on party mode?

He'll cut a few pounds on fightweek only I imagine...probably something in the region of 5-10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Cerrone has fought five times since McGregor's last fight.

Cerrone has fought eleven times since McGregor's second last fight.

its Cerrone , hes fought twice while ive typed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Preview of what the presser should be like but with more proper 12 and bud.

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1200163462728433664?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭robwen

This fight at welterweight must mean he's targeting Masvidal & the BMF belt next

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

McGregor losses for one reason and that the weight class ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

As long as marvin hagler wakes him up at 6am to go for a jog in silk pajamas, he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

McGregor hits Cerrone with the shots he hit Diaz in The first rounds of their fights and he knocks him stiff. Cowboy will fold in half.

If McGregor doesn’t stop him inside the first it might get very interesting . But Cowboy is basic enough 1-2 and kick . Good fight for Conor

I hope it's a walkover for Conor but if he shows up half arsed and Cowboy is on form, it will be a very interesting scrap!

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1200178803106045963?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Cerrone has fought eleven times since McGregor's second last fight.

And lost more than half of those fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm hoping Cerrone wins this one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Effects wrote: »
    I'm hoping Cerrone wins this one myself.

I'm the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It should be a fun fight, and not as one sided as some think. Cowboy is tough as nails and Conor probably isn’t as sharp as he used to be.
    But he seems to be back focused and this fight, assuming he wins, can be a stepping stone to redemption and even possible reclaimed glory later in the year.
    If 3 fights again in 1 year we can all be giddy like we were back in 2015/16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

What's the thinking behind fighting at welterweight?

What's the thinking behind fighting at welterweight?

Surely its to try and convince people he has some sort of relevance up there?

Cerrone isn't really a good gauge of WW though, hasn't his last few fights been at LW?

Ha, roll on the bandwagon media. Rte since corrected their article.

https://twitter.com/kylegavin23/status/1200187627485442048?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'm lumping on Cerrone by sub if the price is right. The blueprint to beat McGregor is there if you get past two rounds.

At Welterweight I think Cerrone's size and regular activity pay dividends. I definitely think McGregor has bitten off more than he can chew with this one, what kinda shape is he in?

Gintonious wrote: »
    Surely its to try and convince people he has some sort of relevance up there?

Cerrone isn't really a good gauge of WW though, hasn't his last few fights been at LW?

Last four have been at LW (2-2). Ten before that were at WW (6-4)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dulux99 wrote: »
    He's been very, very inactive and is coming off a thumping. This is a decent test for him. Anyone else coming off such a loss would get treated similar. People are going to cry foul no matter who they paired him with, but this is the correct matchmaking.

Conor: "Gimme Khabib in Russia"
    MMA Fans: "Conor needs fight top 5 and earn another shot"
    UFC: Conor #3 vrs Cowboy #5
    MMA Fans: "Why's he fighting Cowboy?"

Last four have been at LW (2-2). Ten before that were at WW (6-4)

Exactly. He is fighting the ranked No.5 at LW at WW...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Don't give a fiddlers, delighted Conor is back! Can't wait for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't like to see Conor at WW, not sure he'll have ko power at that weight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ready4Boarding

Really conflicted on this one. On the one hand, I loathe McGregor and would love him to lose again. On the other, if he does lose, I’ll be left loathing a loser, which is a bit deflating. So maybe I’ll hold my nose and hope he wins this one but is embarrassed in his next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Really conflicted on this one. On the one hand, I loathe McGregor and would love him to lose again. On the other, if he does lose, I’ll be left loathing a loser, which is a bit deflating. So maybe I’ll hold my nose and hope he wins this one but is embarrassed in his next.

Wow. I can’t believe I actually just read this.

So you will grudgingly give him your support in order for you to feel justified in continuing to hate him??

LOL Seriously mate, have a good look at yourself.

The two of ye should sort it out on the McGregor/Cerrone undercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

to be honest, from what we've seen of McGregor in the last few years, *any* fight would be a test for him,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Yay, here come the crowds to tell us how much of a ****heel Conor is, and that he has no chance.

Promo should be interesting, and fight itself should be solid. Masvidal would be too much at 170 though, but Id like to be proven wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

he beat Diaz fighting lets say twice a year for the previous three years, or thereabouts... I'd love to see him win, I want to see him win, I do think he'll win... but it's definitely more of a test for him than it probably should be,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

to be honest, from what we've seen of McGregor in the last few years, *any* fight would be a test for him,

You could say the same for Cowboy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cerrone has been checked out of the game for a long time. Said it even before the Darren Till fight that he lost.

Going through the motions since. This is as handy-a-fight for McGregor as he can get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I don't get the welterweight thing. For me he doesn't have a future there and seems a bit like resigned to not being the 155 champ ever again.

I won't be bothered if he loses, ever since I saw the footage of punching that oul fella, can't say I'm a fan of his anymore.

Advertisement