Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Could it be related to uncertainty as to whether it's 246 or 247? i.e. if Jan card is a PPV or not?

That's what I thought they were nipping in the bud by announcing it, now they've pulled it back maybe Jan PPV is back on the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭fitzparker

He is definitely not fighting on a fight night, i think its either whether its 246 or 247(as above) or if a numbered event will be on that date at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Fight announced but as posted above it's currently in limbo. Not annouced as a numbered yet but I'd imagine that's as they are waiting on McGregor so they can see which number it will be.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1199417695218745344?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Cowboy just posted his address on Twitter in response to a fan saying he will lose to McGregor 🀣

https://www.sportbible.com/ufc/mma-news-funny-donald-cerrone-gives-fan-who-says-he-wont-beat-mcgregor-his-address-20191125?source=facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Cowboy just posted his address on Twitter in response to a fan saying he will lose to McGregor ��

https://www.sportbible.com/ufc/mma-news-funny-donald-cerrone-gives-fan-who-says-he-wont-beat-mcgregor-his-address-20191125?source=facebook

He must have the most fragile ego ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally! Wish it was lightweight though as this looks like he's angling for a Jorge fight after it. Probably doesn't want to cut too much over Christmas as well.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1200148727995846656?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

And we're back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finally! Wish it was lightweight though as this looks like he's angling for a Jorge fight after it. Probably doesn't want to cut too much over Christmas as well.

Exactly as I predicted last week.
    You can call me mystic man vs manure, cos I predict these tiiings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Welterweight is a strange one. If the reason for that is that he doesn't want to cut weight over Christmas, it's kinda hard to take his commitment seriously. Should beat Cowboy either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cowardly by McGregor fighting a bum in Cowboy.

He fears Gaethje.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Cowardly by McGregor fighting a bum in Cowboy.

He fears Gaethje.

Nobody fears Gaethje. He lost to the only two decent fellas he fought. Absolute chancer.

He's never going down to 155 again. He'll go after the 170 title. "First ever three division champion." "The Champ Champ Champ." etc...

Cowboy
    Masvidal
    Title shot (if he beats Masvidal)

He's never going down to 155 again. He'll go after the 170 title. "First ever three division champion." "The Champ Champ Champ." etc...

Cowboy
    Masvidal

Colby vs Conor would be a super fight for the ages. The trash talking in the lead up will be the stuff of legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You could wake Conor after a week of coke and booze and he'd stop cowboy in two rounds. Since he's doing some training this fight will last all of 4 minutes.

Cowboy
    Masvidal

He may even be Champ Quadrant by end of 2020 if he fights Masvidal next and then Colby.

He may even be Champ Quadrant by end of 2020 if he fights Masvidal next and then Colby.

Good point!

Had forgotten about the BMF title haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Sounds like the sensible fight to take, no point jumping back in at the deep end.

Glad for Cerrone he'll finally have a decent pay day, if he loses he should retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Exactly as I predicted last week.
    You can call me mystic man vs manure, cos I predict these tiiings!!

What prediction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dulux99 wrote: »
    No chance, there's fights being announced left right and centre for events in Houston and Raleigh, not a sniff of any fight for January in Vegas. If there was an event in January, there'd atleast be some prelims being organised by now.
    Oops. Lots of egg on faces in here. Wonder if the press conference will be this side of Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Whatever about his chances against Cowboy, there's zero chances he's taking out Masvidal at 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Be interesting to see if he's actually built himself up this time. He didn't look his best vs Nate, but he was featherweight champ at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think he'll struggle with Cerrone height

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

He's been very, very inactive and is coming off a thumping. This is a decent test for him. Anyone else coming off such a loss would get treated similar. People are going to cry foul no matter who they paired him with, but this is the correct matchmaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Pighead wrote: »
    Oops. Lots of egg on faces in here. Wonder if the press conference will be this side of Christmas.

Yeah, I was wrong. Happy to be wrong. It's ok to be wrong sometimes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

dulux99 wrote: »
    He's been very, very inactive and is coming off a thumping. This is a decent test for him. Anyone else coming off such a loss would get treated similar. People are going to cry foul no matter who they paired him with, but this is the correct matchmaking.

Same. I think with Cowboy's experience, Conor's layoff and the fight being at WW, this should be competitive and is probably a pick 'em given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Good to see lots of different opinions, I honestly think McGregor beats Cerrone with ease. Either way who ever loses this should retire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Conor lights him up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Am I right in saying he has no plans to cut weight. He is going into the fight on party mode?

• Advertisement

Cerrone has fought five times since McGregor's last fight.

Cerrone has fought eleven times since McGregor's second last fight.

Advertisement