Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

dave1982 wrote: »

I think his keyboard auto corrected "Dustin" to "Dublin" and he is hinting at fighting Poirier on Dec 14th...... :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gonad wrote: »
    Be pretty smart by the ufc to have him fight in Dublin .

He would be able to get the head down and might actually really make an effort to get things back on track .

Also wasn’t the Dubai card a PPV and supposedly done great numbers . They could actually do a PPV in Dublin no ?

They'd probably still lose a shít tonne of money vs having it in Las Vegas or New York. There will be less PPV buys and they won't be able to charge 10k a ticket to the 3Arena. The only way Dublin happens is if McGregor is no longer a huge draw so I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

He signed off an Instagram post last week also with ‘see you all soon’ or something. Hopefully a fight is announced soon, it’s becoming a joke now and more and more difficult to justify supporting him still. He should be willing to fight either Poirier or Gatyche and is a fight that makes sense to both parties. Not sure if he can demand same pay as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

Probably just some nonsense PR event for his whiskey in the run up to Christmas. Although, if you hang around long enough you will probably catch him slapping the head off a few oul lads outside the local Bingo club!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He's doing some promo for his FAST yoke, something about the FAST World Championships, whatever that may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I'd like to see him fight Justin G. It's a winnable fight that puts him right back into the title picture.

Winner of that could face the winner of Khabib and T Ferg.

I wouldn't mind him facing Felder either as a sort of 'Irish' showdown. Preferably in Croke Park or the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

He would be able to get the head down and might actually really make an effort to get things back on track .

Also wasn’t the Dubai card a PPV and supposedly done great numbers . They could actually do a PPV in Dublin no ?

They definitely could do a Dublin PPV, especially considering Dubai has a further time difference to the US.

Some of their PPV's do terrible numbers as it is. So no real reason why they couldn't have a big fight in Ireland that would bring a lot of novelty to an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'm sure the Arabs paid a **** tonne of money for that event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Would they go outdoor in December? Conor would be fine but any yanks or brasilians would freeze their bollix off.
    Also, early evening is a weird time in the us for fights but its not completely nuts. Loads of other sports like college football, baseball and hockey run at those times. Not sure many dudes will say " i dont want beers and a fight at 5 on a saturday!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Hes not fighting in December and definitely not in Dublin I promise ye that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

an outdoor PPV in Dublin in Dec featuring Conor Mcgregor....

the ****ing notions in this thread lads1!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Birth of his next child from currently undisclosed baby Momma ??

It's the McGregor FAST world championship final in Dublin on December 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

US2 wrote: »
    It's the McGregor FAST world championship final in Dublin on December 14th.

AMRAP 500m row , shot of proper 12, quick snort. 60 min time limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dashoonage wrote: »
    AMRAP 500m row , shot of proper 12, quick snort. 60 min time limit.

.....and punch as many old men as you can see, before the buzzer goes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads a reminder, this thread is for is MMA talk only..take all the other nonsense elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The absolute state of lads posting in here whenever McGregor opens his mouth or starts typing. They say he's nothing, finished, a has been/never was but they are completely and utterly obsessed with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

The absolute state of lads posting in here whenever McGregor opens his mouth or starts typing. They say he's nothing, finished, a has been/never was but they are completely and utterly obsessed with him.

Trying to turn away from a Car crash but the rubberneckers just have to see where it’s going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Could be a court date or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Also, early evening is a weird time in the us for fights but its not completely nuts. Loads of other sports like college football, baseball and hockey run at those times. Not sure many dudes will say " i dont want beers and a fight at 5 on a saturday!"

Normal UFC time is 7pm in US. Having it as a PPV in Ireland would be 12pm start in the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mellor wrote: »
    Normal UFC time is 7pm in US. Having it as a PPV in Ireland would be 12pm start in the US

Not that I think there's anything in this, but for arguments sake, the event could be staged earlier in the day here. Say, main event for 7pm-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Not that I think there's anything in this, but for arguments sake, the event could be staged earlier in the day here. Say, main event for 7pm-ish.

But that would make it even earlier in the States :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Oh... Yeah. Well, sh1t.

Maybe the reverse then :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

There is already an event scheduled that day in Vegas, also considering his current standing with the UFC I think it's pretty clear there is no chance of him getting an event in Dublin right now and headlining it - he needs to get back in the cage and build up his reputation a bit. I'm surprised people are even talking about the possibility of it, to be honest.

Axwell wrote: »
    There is already an event scheduled that day in Vegas, also considering his current standing with the UFC I think it's pretty clear there is no chance of him getting an event in Dublin right now and headlining it - he needs to get back in the cage and build up his reputation a bit. I'm surprised people are even talking about the possibility of it, to be honest.

Of all people, you shouldn't be surprised with anything you read in this thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Mellor wrote: »

For the prelims
    Main card starts at 10 est. That would be 3 am in ireland which wont happen. So if the main card is 10 ireland it will be 5 est.

I just hear on the news on newstalk that he's going boxing that keeler fella in December. Can't see the UFC allowing that not much money to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Where is the big January event, is it going back to Boston?? Otherwise we probably won’t see him till March in Vegas. Very disappointing the way Conor has let his fighting career slip due to becoming too big a superstar and having too much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Where is the big January event, is it going back to Boston?? Otherwise we probably won’t see him till March in Vegas. Very disappointing the way Conor has let his fighting career slip due to becoming too big a superstar and having too much money.

I am not sure why people are surprised at this......Why fight in the first place? He has been very honest about his aim. It's just sad that it's not just the fighting he has let go, his reputation is in tatters for his behavior - not sure if he cares that much at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I've had enough... Now people thinking it's December 14 is when dee is due another baby😭😂😂😂

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4555548/conor-mcgregor-fans-ask-if-partner-dee-devlin-is-pregnant-as-he-posts-family-snaps-hours-after-cryptic-tweet-about-december-14/

Advertisement