Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Edinburgh v Leinster

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Buer wrote: »
    Where Bent fell off and Byrne didn't make the tackle and Tomane was the third man?

Yeah what was he trying to do though. Because it certainly wasn't trying to stop him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭troyzer

There's something missing with Tomane, his head just not right. I know he's just returning from injury, but it always seems there's a reason.

Edinburgh have had 73% possession and 78% territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That lineout was Tomane's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭A-Train

Brian Byrne having a howler

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Why are they going for lineouts? Lose every one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Stonewall yellow for Edinburgh there not given.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ha, Whitehouse doesn't even know who's he talking to at that breakdown.

How now a yellow card? On the line and told him 5 times to release. This ref is always poor.

Still a bit sour on that Leavy yellow for a perfectly legal turnover. Edinburgh slowed their ball down illegally on their own line and no card.

Deegan's been Leinster's best player by miles.

A day to forget for the Byrne brothers and Michael Bent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

A losing bonus is a long shot, but Leinster taking so it so slow it's like they don't have a clue what the score is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭crisco10

Lol. I fear Whitehouse last call will deny Leinster a chance at a try.

Ironic given how many free phases Edinburgh had earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,141 ✭✭✭✭Buer

A losing bonus is a long shot, but Leinster taking so it so slow it's like they don't have a clue what the score is
    I suspect you're a long way behind the rest of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭A-Train

Terrible finish to a terrible match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Does it matter?

A-Train wrote: »
    Terrible finish to a terrible match

This ref is a complete disaster whenever he refs.

Was 79 mins left on my end when I posted. Point still stands, spent 10 minutes in the 22 and took far too long with scrum penalties. Didn't help the lineout was sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 21,596 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Max Deegan came out of that very well. Doris pushing him out of the 8 jersey earlier this season might be the best thing that's happened to him.

Good to see Luke back out there, looked mobile despite the strapping, kicked very little though so wonder is that just tactical due to the conditions or more conservative due to the leg injury.

I've problems with Whitehouse's officiating. But much more with Leinster's poor discipline. And even more with the scapegoating of Tomane who was no better or worse than anyone else today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Was 79 mins left on my end when I posted. Point still stands, spent 10 minutes in the 22 and took far too long with scrum penalties. Didn't help the lineout was sh*te
    You thought they should score 10 points in 60 seconds?

Messy showing. The starting front row, halfbacks and Tomane will be frustrated. They all went well in the opening quarter but really fell off then.

Some notable errors from them which contributed but the relative performances of the two front fives was the overall difference. You can't win without the ball and Leinster simply could not get possession in the second half.

You thought they should score 10 points in 60 seconds?
    When I posted there was.
    Starting writing at 77, posted at 79. Had to leave room. Anything else?
    Maybe I should have posted it past tense, would that have helped? Jeez lads :rolleyes:

I wonder if Reid failed his HIA or if he's being kept safe for next weekend. I'd he's not good for it I'd throw in CoB. He was quiet today, but the backs didn't get much ball anyway. When he did get it he carried strongly and got over the gain line.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Luke Fitz flogging Tomane all show.

Fitz honestly is just picking in Tomane now. In thead up to Mata's try the bigger error was Murphy's missed tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Everyone is always picking on Tomane it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭troyzer

Was he that bad? I couldn't really watch it properly in the restaurant but I saw him make some big hits.

From my angle it just looked like they never had the ball, exited poorly when they did and were just never in the game after half time.

When Tomane's far from the biggest problem, but gets the lion's share of the blame, I think it's fair to say he's being unduly criticised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Clegg wrote: »
    When Tomane's far from the biggest problem, but gets the lion's share of the blame, I think it's fair to say he's being unduly criticised.

I think he's held to a different standard, sure, but there's a reason for that. He's a foreign signing and a capped international. That means he commands a higher paycheck and has to be viewed from that context.

Compare his first season so far to Ben Te'o's. Both of them picked up long injuries early on, but whenever Te'o played it was clear the quality of player we had on our hands.

Maybe next season will be different. I won't say he's not good enough, but so far he hasn't been good enough given his pedigree.

Advertisement