Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Edinburgh v Leinster

12357

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X


    I'm on about a ten minute delay, Whitehouse is a disgrace.

    Your opinion will not change during the next ten minutes


  • Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭[Deleted User]


    Steve wrote: »
    WTF? google says it's 21-11?

    Don't have a feed, this is terrible..

    Edinburgh are in the last 8 of Europe and have a decent enough team out.

    Leinster are very much second string, I was expecting a beating.

    Still we showed good accuracy and hunger early on, think we could do with the bench now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭crisco10


    Ah ****e. Coming for a while tho


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭degsie


    Guess what, another penalty


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,168 ✭✭✭✭Clegg


    No arms in front of the ref. Silly stuff.

    We've had no possession or territory this half. That's partly down to Whitehouse's awful calls, but our own discipline is dire.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭degsie


    And here comes the try


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭crisco10


    Clegg wrote: »
    No arms in front of the ref. Silly stuff.

    We've had no possession or territory this half. That's partly down to Whitehouse's awful calls, but our own discipline is dire.

    Yeah tbf, he's blowing us off the park but a fair bit of the time we've given Whitehouse a chance to give the pen.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so


    crisco10 wrote: »
    Yeah tbf, he's blowing us off the park but a fair bit of the time we've given Whitehouse a chance to give the pen.

    True but seems very much a homer ref here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew


    Tomane has constantly stood on the fringes pointing and trying his best to avoid having to tackle. He's absolutely shocking in the area. He looks terrified that someone will run at him


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,168 ✭✭✭✭Clegg


    Can't even retain position from our own set piece.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,449 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady


    approx 30 phases and never got a sniff of a turnover. Not like Leinister.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,168 ✭✭✭✭Clegg


    hogandrew wrote: »
    Tomane has constantly stood on the fringes pointing and trying his best to avoid having to tackle. He's absolutely shocking in the area. He looks terrified that someone will run at him

    Rubbish. He's put in some big hits today, especially in the first half.

    I'm sick of the scapegoating of Tomane.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode


    Tomane is having a shocker


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer


    approx 30 phases and never got a sniff of a turnover. Not like Leinister.

    Why would they even try, the ref will just give another yellow card.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe


    Do we have anyone else that can throw into a lineout?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭crisco10


    hogandrew wrote: »
    Tomane has constantly stood on the fringes pointing and trying his best to avoid having to tackle. He's absolutely shocking in the area. He looks terrified that someone will run at him

    He had no interest in tackling the
    Mata there.

    But of ball in last 5 but 2 fudged lineout and tomane knockon not helping.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode


    Clegg wrote: »
    Rubbish. He's put in some big hits today, especially in the first half.

    I'm sick of the scapegoating of Tomane.

    Bull. His poor tackling technique has cost us 2 tries. He's had a brutal game


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,125 ✭✭✭✭Buer


    Synode wrote: »
    Tomane is having a shocker
    Had a very decent first half and a very sloppy second. He should have taken that pass but it was a poor pass from Frawley.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭munsterlegend


    The last 2 Leinster lineouts have been comical. Tomane is awful.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n


    Buer wrote: »
    Had a very decent first half and a very sloppy second. He should have taken that pass but it was a poor pass from Frawley.

    Don’t think it was for him.

    We have been very, very poor in this second half.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode


    Buer wrote: »
    Had a very decent first half and a very sloppy second. He should have taken that pass but it was a poor pass from Frawley.

    The pass looked fine to me


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,125 ✭✭✭✭Buer


    Synode wrote: »
    Clegg wrote: »
    Rubbish. He's put in some big hits today, especially in the first half.

    I'm sick of the scapegoating of Tomane.

    Bull. His poor tackling technique has cost us 2 tries. He's had a brutal game

    Ah come off it. An outside back trying to stop a prop and a No.8 on his own line did not cost us two tries. He wasn't even the tackler for Nel's try. Byrne and Bent screwed up there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity


    There's something missing with Tomane, his head just not right. I know he's just returning from injury, but it always seems there's a reason.


  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew


    Clegg wrote: »
    Rubbish. He's put in some big hits today, especially in the first half.

    I'm sick of the scapegoating of Tomane.

    Well them hits definitely weren't around the fringes of rucks. In open play he might run hard and hit hard but close in defence is way below acceptable.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode


    Buer wrote: »
    Ah come off it. An outside back trying to stop a prop and a No.8 on his own line did not cost us two tries. He wasn't even the tackler for Nel's try. Byrne and Bent screwed up there.

    The 2nd one maybe. The first was piss poor


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,125 ✭✭✭✭Buer


    Synode wrote: »
    Buer wrote: »
    Had a very decent first half and a very sloppy second. He should have taken that pass but it was a poor pass from Frawley.

    The pass looked fine to me
    It was flung high at him. He got his hands up and could have taken it but unsympathetic would be an accurate description.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,125 ✭✭✭✭Buer


    Synode wrote: »
    Buer wrote: »
    Ah come off it. An outside back trying to stop a prop and a No.8 on his own line did not cost us two tries. He wasn't even the tackler for Nel's try. Byrne and Bent screwed up there.

    The 2nd one maybe. The first was piss poor

    Where Bent fell off and Byrne didn't make the tackle and Tomane was the third man?


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt


    Mind the burger box.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭crisco10


    Buer wrote: »
    It was flung high at him. He got his hands up and could have taken it but unsympathetic would be an accurate description.

    I just think he is a bit average.

    Threw a sloppy inside shoulder pass just there to obrien and obrien did well after having to check his stride


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,593 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black


    Synode wrote: »
    The 2nd one maybe. The first was piss poor

    What? The first one was Bent who just bounced off the carrier, Byrne went low and Tomane took him high. Absolutely nothing different he could do there against a forward.


Advertisement