Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max vs. Huawei P30 Pro: Camera shootout
    https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-iphone-11-pro-max-vs-huawei-p30-pro-camera-shootout/

No comparison, natural all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

First time poster here.

I was going to buy the Huawei P30 Pro 4G 128GB 8GB RAM Dual-SIM black EU sim free but the €900 price (carphone warehouse) was putting me off a bit.

Found a retailer in Carlow (Rea Communications) selling it online for nearly €200 euro less. Anybody heard of them? Are they reliable? Don't understand such a price difference. Cant post a link yet but the spec is the same on both retailers websites

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,918 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dubsphan wrote: »
    First time poster here.

I was going to buy the Huawei P30 Pro 4G 128GB 8GB RAM Dual-SIM black EU sim free but the €900 price (carphone warehouse) was putting me off a bit.

Found a retailer in Carlow (Rea Communications) selling it online for nearly €200 euro less. Anybody heard of them? Are they reliable? Don't understand such a price difference. Cant post a link yet but the spec is the same on both retailers websites

Thanks in advance.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/huawei-p30-pro-128gb-6gb-ram-dual-sim-unlocked-for-all-uk-networks-black-3328249

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

anyone recieve a stable emui 10 update in ireland yet.
    lots have received it in europe past few days....some having to use the hicare app to force the update though.
    i'm with 3 ireland network though, so that may put the brakes on it while they test update before pushing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭GIMP

dougm1970 wrote: »
    anyone recieve a stable emui 10 update in ireland yet.
    lots have received it in europe past few days....some having to use the hicare app to force the update though.
    i'm with 3 ireland network though, so that may put the brakes on it while they test update before pushing it

On Vodafone, no update yet!

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »

Thanks for that. That's pretty damn cheap.

Been reading a lot today about loss of Google services and apps with the latest update.

Do all the apps work okay on this phone like Google pay etc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,918 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Been reading a lot today about loss of Google services and apps with the latest update.

I'm not sure. I don't have one but I had seen your comment about the price of them and then saw the HUKD deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Got a 500ish MB update this morning but I think it was just a security patch as I'm still on EMUI 9.1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

All Google Apps (Pay, Play, Maps, Gmail, Chrome) work perfectly on my P30 Pro and are all still receiving regular updates.

All Google Apps (Pay, Play, Maps, Gmail, Chrome) work perfectly on my P30 Pro and are all still receiving regular updates.

Thats reassuring.

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Same as....:D

Anyone get volte of wifi calling on Vodafone activated, their website says P30 is now supported?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Anyone get android 10 on their p30 Pro yet? I'm Vodafone and don't have anything so far..

yes. this morning. with 3 network on a 3 store bought carrier phone too (p30 pro)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tarras33

*#06# - IMEI number IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15- or 17-digit code that uniquely identifies mobile phone sets. The IMEI code can enable a GSM (Global System for Mobile communication) or UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service) network to prevent a misplaced or stolen phone from initiating calls.

*#*#64663#*#* - Hardware Test

*#*#273282*255*663282*#*#* - Immediate backup of all media files

*#*#4636#*#*

This code can be used to get some interesting information about Huawei P30 Pro and battery. It shows following 4 menus on screen:

* Phone information
    * Battery information
    * Battery history
    * Usage statistics

more info
    mobilespecs.net/phone/codes/Huawei/Huawei_P30_Pro.html

tarras33 wrote: »
    *#06# - IMEI number IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15- or 17-digit code that uniquely identifies mobile phone sets. The IMEI code can enable a GSM (Global System for Mobile communication) or UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service) network to prevent a misplaced or stolen phone from initiating calls.

*#*#64663#*#* - Hardware Test

*#*#273282*255*663282*#*#* - Immediate backup of all media files

*#*#4636#*#*

This code can be used to get some interesting information about Huawei P30 Pro and battery. It shows following 4 menus on screen:

* Phone information
    * Battery information
    * Battery history
    * Usage statistics

more info
    mobilespecs.net/phone/codes/Huawei/Huawei_P30_Pro.html

*#*#4636#*#*

* Phone information
    * Battery information
    * Battery history
    * Usage statistics
    ..****************************

This code has never worked on Huawei phones!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm using a P30 Pro a short while but have to say that it's an impressive device.

yes. this morning. with 3 network on a 3 store bought carrier phone too (p30 pro)

No Emui 10 update here so far! Anyone else get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

GIMP wrote: »

Not yet on Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Griffinx

Not even on unlocked from Carphone Warehouse

• Advertisement

are you with three too ?

are you with three too ?

No Vodafone, can u post a screenshot of your software version?

No Vodafone, can u post a screenshot of your software version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just got the update by using the Hi Care app on the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

EMUI 10 is being rolled out on VF fro the pro and standard version, patience.

Quick piece of advice please, my mother is looking at the P30 lite and the P20 pro, I'm not very familiar with either device, can anyone advise which is better. She wouldn't be pushing the limits of the device and both would work fine for her, I would like to get her the better of the 2 for normal daily use and longevity.

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Just got the update by using the Hi Care app on the phone :)

What network?

Pretty sure with Hi Care the network doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

sounds like a fook fest

just made me stay with ios

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

sounds like a fook fest

IOS is grand if you're not very savvy.

• Advertisement

sounds like a fook fest

giphy.gif