Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 32 Free Hit Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Paully D wrote: »
    With Lindelof’s partner giving birth, I assume he’ll be good to go now, so here’s where I’m at.

Draft number 487,534, but I’m very happy with it:

Ederson
    Luiz Lindelof Schlupp Duffy
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Milivojevic
    Aguero Kane

I think everyone bar Sterling and possibly Aguero should play twice.

Aguero plays until he breaks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

So for a choice of TC between Kun & Sterling I’m leaning to Kun now. I got the captain pick wrong last GW though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

bantee wrote: »
    So for a choice of TC between Kun & Sterling I’m leaning to Kun now. I got the captain pick wrong last GW though

160 mins over the international break vs 2 weeks rest is a big factor considering how much pep loves to rotate

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

160 mins over the international break vs 2 weeks rest is a big factor considering how much pep loves to rotate

And considering how much Pep loves to troll us, it could be 130 mins for Aguero and 180 for Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Latest team:

Kepa

Azpi Young Schlupp

Sterling Silva Hazard Pogba

Aguero Zaha Rashford

I'll explain a bit of my thinking; 3 City is a no brainer and while most people are going for Laporte/Ederson as their third pick I am looking at the potential upside of City scoring a huge amount of goals against these 2 poor defences. Obviously Laporte came up trumps in the last DGW but think the odds are more in the favour of Dilva for double digit returns and having had no international duty I think there is a good chance he starts both games and scores well.

The next big decision is re Kane - I think there is a big chance Spurs could put on a performance in the new stadium but even in worse case that he gets a hat trick you should be able to make back some of those points by being able to afford the premium option in every other position. Obviously Kane is a top striker and could easily get 5/6 goals in any 2 games but the Liverpool away game is extremely difficult on paper and I think that bearing that in mind it is reasonable to exclude him. With Kane in I have to take the cheaper option in 4/5 other positions such as AWB over Schlupp, Rudiger over Azpi, Lindelof over Young, Bats over Zaha and budget GK over Kepa so I think its worth taking the risk and going without.

I think Zaha if fit is a great option - did really well against Huddersfield already this season who have a really porous defence and was in great form before his injury. Will probably go with Batshyui if Zaha is out. Schlupp is also a great value pick I think.

That leaves my with 6 spaces for Utd and Chelsea players - Azpi, Luiz, Hazard, Young, Pogba, Rashford/Martial (depending on fitness news)- budget isn't an issue and I think there is potential for premium priced players like Azpi and Young to pop up with attacking returns and to be nice little differentials.

No Wolves or Watford players - don't see how anyone can be confident of their players starting both games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Latest team:

Kepa

Azpi Young Schlupp

Sterling Silva Hazard Pogba

Aguero Zaha Rashford

I'll explain a bit of my thinking; 3 City is a no brainer and while most people are going for Laporte/Ederson as their third pick I am looking at the potential upside of City scoring a huge amount of goals against these 2 poor defences. Obviously Laporte came up trumps in the last DGW but think the odds are more in the favour of Dilva for double digit returns and having had no international duty I think there is a good chance he starts both games and scores well.

The next big decision is re Kane - I think there is a big chance Spurs could put on a performance in the new stadium but even in worse case that he gets a hat trick you should be able to make back some of those points by being able to afford the premium option in every other position. Obviously Kane is a top striker and could easily get 5/6 goals in any 2 games but the Liverpool away game is extremely difficult on paper and I think that bearing that in mind it is reasonable to exclude him. With Kane in I have to take the cheaper option in 4/5 other positions such as AWB over Schlupp, Rudiger over Azpi, Lindelof over Young, Bats over Zaha and budget GK over Kepa so I think its worth taking the risk and going without.

I think Zaha if fit is a great option - did really well against Huddersfield already this season who have a really porous defence and was in great form before his injury. Will probably go with Batshyui if Zaha is out. Schlupp is also a great value pick I think.

That leaves my with 6 spaces for Utd and Chelsea players - Azpi, Luiz, Hazard, Young, Pogba, Rashford/Martial (depending on fitness news)- budget isn't an issue and I think there is potential for premium priced players like Azpi and Young to pop up with attacking returns and to be nice little differentials.

No Wolves or Watford players - don't see how anyone can be confident of their players starting both games.

I’d agree of Dilva, plus it’s just a much nicer way to play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

km79 wrote: »
    The bones of my team is coming down to this decision as well
    So I’ve stopped making changes until Friday

Kane question is massive alright, feel no matter which way i will go it will be the wrong way :confused:

Kane and Dunk or Higuain/Zaha and Rashford

Its almost a struggle to spend the money if you forgo Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Looking at my whole team - it revolves around Lukaku being fit as the only replacement I’d want is Kane and to accomdate it would mean moving

Batusahyi to Millojevic
    Pogba to Rashford
    Azpil to Luiz

The alternative to this is

Kane & Dunk for Lukaku & Batsushyi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Kane question is massive alright, feel no matter which way i will go it will be the wrong way :confused:

Kane and Dunk or Higuain/Zaha and Rashford

Its almost a struggle to spend the money if you forgo Kane

Just seen this. I’m leaning towards Kane & Dunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Just seen this. I’m leaning towards Kane & Dunk.

That is where I am at the moment, however Higuain is a flat tack bully and you dont get many easier games than his next two.

Kane/Dunk feels the safer FPL option and being a boring player is the one I was leaning towards as well. Alot will depend on the United press conference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I think my decision us coming down to;

Kane / Martial or Lukaka / Pogba

What are the chances of Martial or Lukaka starting both matches does anyone know?

Hasn’t changed in a few days now so looking like

Foster
    Sxhlupp-Tompkins-Duffy- Lindelof
    Pogba-Hazard-Dilva-Sterling
    Aguero (C) - Kane

The FML FPL were bigging up five at the back, double Chelsea D, I really need Chelsea and City to concede in one of their games for my strategy to work
    A Duffy goal against Chelsea would be a dream

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A few options I'd appreciate some help/opinions on (pending injury news):

1) Kane, Milivojevic, Duffy and Ederson (in a 4-4-2)

2) Lukaku, David Silva, Dunk and Kepa (in a 4-4-2)

Rashford is another option but the extra cash instead of Lukaku doesn't really allow me to upgrade all that much. For example, I'd still be short of getting a Spurs option in as a 5th midfielder and moving to a 3-5-2, or a decent 3rd striker in instead of Quarner and going 3-4-3. However, it would allow me to upgrade my defenders so certainly an option.

If Lukaku is out I’d definitely go Rashford, but if he’s fit then Lukaku is the best option as Rashford will be pushed out wide. Wait and see I suppose.

Anyway, I'm currently on option 1 but 2 is better, isn't it?

It's a risk on Silva, but it almost feels a waste going with a City defender with their fixtures and Silva could outscore 2 clean sheets even if he only starts 1 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1110883164937961473

We will all end up with same team now !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Does that make Rashford a better choice now as well because he plays more centrally?

Does that make Rashford a better choice now as well because he plays more centrally?

Not if he isn’t fit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If Rashford is fit he probably has to be in teams now given his price, the fixtures and that he’ll be playing through the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

martial could become a good option given uniteds injuries in attack

WE will but we’re only 10-15% of players, I’m looking at a few of my mini leagues and a lot of FHs have been played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Paully D wrote: »
    With Lindelof’s partner giving birth, I assume he’ll be good to go now, so here’s where I’m at.

Draft number 487,534, but I’m very happy with it:

Ederson
    Luiz Lindelof Schlupp Duffy
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Milivojevic
    Aguero Kane

I think everyone bar Sterling and possibly Aguero should play twice.

I like that team! What’s you value? I’ve only 102 when I put everyone up for sale but have hazard and kun so no need to sell. I only get 79.4 when I keep them

• Advertisement

MR NINE wrote: »
    martial could become a good option given uniteds injuries in attack

Was thinking the same
    7.2 and nearing a drop
    Could be a goer instead of Rashford in a 352

Who’s everyone’s bench fodder? I’m looking at Hamer, Simpson, Hudson Odi and Crouch?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who’s everyone’s bench fodder? I’m looking at Hamer, Simpson, Hudson Odi and Crouch?

Surely you'd go for Quaner instead of Crouchy to save 0.2.

Was just gonna post the same

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

MrMac84 wrote: »

Hudson to Romeu - plays and can sub in if needed
    Crouch to Quaner - gives you additional 0.2m to play with if needed
    Simpson to Stankovic - if you don't need the extra 0.2m, and want a 90 min player on your bench to sub in if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Hudson to Romeu - plays and can sub in if needed
    Crouch to Quaner - gives you additional 0.2m to play with if needed
    Simpson to Stankovic - if you don't need the extra 0.2m, and want a 90 min player on your bench to sub in if needed.

Hudson-Odoi has played the last few games for Chelsea and is coming off an international break having started for England so I would say he is likely to feature even if just from the bench.

Also Simpson to Valery would be better I think.

Hudson-Odoi has played the last few games for Chelsea and is coming off an international break having started for England so I would say he is likely to feature even if just from the bench

The Chelsea team is a little like the waiting list for season tickets at Anfield, someone has to die before someone new is brought in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Was thinking the same
    7.2 and nearing a drop
    Could be a goer instead of Rashford in a 352

It’s probably extremely unlikely Martial will drop, but i’ll be keeping fingers crossed, that or a keeper or defender to drop to 3.8 or 3.7 and I can fit him in

I just assumed, obviously wrongly, you can’t buy the red flagged ones that moved clubs!

• Advertisement

Rashford and Luiz
    Or
    Pogba and Lindelof?

Advertisement