Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Gameweek 32 Free Hit Thread

  • 18-03-2019 8:21pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ ThunbergsAreGo


    Worked well for 31, and with many playing it this week I thought a standalone thread would be good to avoid clogging up the Transfers Thread

    First Draft

    Ederson - (Hamer)

    Tomkins, Lindelof, Valery (Benderek) (Doherty)

    Pogba, Hazard, Sterling, Ward Prowse (McNeil)

    Batshuayi, Aguero, Kane


«13456719

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 42,030 ✭✭✭✭ Scorpion Sting


    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Worked well for 31, and with many playing it this week I thought a standalone thread would be good to avoid clogging up the Transfers Thread

    First Draft

    Ederson - (Hamer)

    Tomkins, Lindelof, Valery (Benderek) (Doherty)

    Pogba, Hazard, Sterling, Ward Prowse (McNeil)

    Batshuayi, Aguero, Kane

    Any reason why you're using Doherty as bench fodder?


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ ThunbergsAreGo


    Any reason why you're using Doherty as bench fodder?

    Nope, hes gone for someone but will probably wait until all fixtures are confirmed - ACtually swapped him in the meantime

    Ederson - (Hamer)

    Tomkins, Luiz, Valery (Benderek) (Dunk)

    Pogba, Hazard, Sterling, Ward Prowse (McNeil)

    Batshuayi, Aguero, Kane

    It'll be a long two weeks of tinkering


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,402 ✭✭✭✭ extra gravy


    Like the Batshuayi pick, think Palace will be overlooked because of the Spurs game.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭ Trimm Trabb


    Gunn

    Laporte Azpi Luiz AWB

    Sterling Hazard Pogba JWP

    Aguero Kane


    Ben Crellin seems to think Southampton are more likely to have dgw in 35 so will have to get back to drawing board if thats the case.

    Sarri's future at Chelsea could have a big bearing on things too.

    If I had any confidence in Sane starting either game I would be very interested (speaking a DGW25 captain failer) - think City could score 4/5 goals in both games.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭ klopparama


    Like the Batshuayi pick, think Palace will be overlooked because of the Spurs game.

    Knowing which of their Keepers is going to start would be good but will avoid because it’s a gamble I don’t need.


    Edit - could just buy both and hope same keeper starts both games.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 Paully D


    I'm currently on the below:

    Ederson
    Luiz XXXX XXXX
    Sterling Pogba Hazard Ward-Prowse
    Aguero Kane Rashford

    I'd love a double Chelsea or Man City defence, but it's obviously not possible with the above.

    I only have enough in the bank to fill those two defensive slots with someone like Wan-Bissaka and Valery, and Southampton likely won't even have a double in 32 so it might be back to the drawing board.

    I'm thinking it might nearly be worth sacrificing one of the big hitters to get a defence of Luiz, Shaw/Lindelof and Azpilicueta/Laporte out, but the question then is which one?

    Is cheapening out on two defensive slots and fielding say Wan-Bissaka and Valery (if Southampton get a double) worth it to also have Sterling, Pogba, Hazard, Aguero and Kane?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭ skippy15


    Think a lot of teams be very templatey- but am tempted to leave Hazard out for Dilva- especially with Chelsea lacking confidence going forward

    Lloris
    Luiz Shaw Rudiger
    Sterling Dilva JWP Pogba
    Aguero Rashers Kane


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭ Benimar


    Paully D wrote: »
    I'm currently on the below:

    Ederson
    Luiz XXXX XXXX
    Sterling Pogba Hazard Ward-Prowse
    Aguero Kane Rashford

    I'd love a double Chelsea or Man City defence, but it's obviously not possible with the above.

    I only have enough in the bank to fill those two defensive slots with someone like Wan-Bissaka and Valery, and Southampton likely won't even have a double in 32 so it might be back to the drawing board.

    I'm thinking it might nearly be worth sacrificing one of the big hitters to get a defence of Luiz, Shaw/Lindelof and Azpilicueta/Laporte out, but the question then is which one?

    Is cheapening out on two defensive slots and fielding say Wan-Bissaka and Valery (if Southampton get a double) worth it to also have Sterling, Pogba, Hazard, Aguero and Kane?

    I had similar ideas with my team but the likely lack of a Southampton DGW is messing things up. At the moment I don’t think it’s possible to have Sterling, Aguero, Hazard, Kane, Pogba AND Rashford. 5 of the 6 is the max.

    At the moment, I’m leaning towards leaving Hazard out, but struggling to find many other good midfield options. I might even look at 4-3-3.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭ klopparama


    Shame the Leicester v Bournemouth game is on this GW as I reckon it’ll be a goal fest.

    My team currently has Vardy and King but I doubt I’ll have either in the FH team.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭ The real mccoy 91


    Guaita

    Luiz lindelof dunk/valery

    Pedro alli pogba sterling

    Kane aguero rashford

    Norris Connolly dunk/valery romeu

    Without putting too much thought into it this is the result of draft number 1


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47,771 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    Southampton rumoured not to have a DGW in 32 now
    That’s fecks up my 352 plans in a big way


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ ThunbergsAreGo


    km79 wrote: »
    Southampton rumoured not to have a DGW in 32 now
    That’s fecks up my 352 plans in a big way

    Yeah not happy with that at all! Had some lovely enablers


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ miller82


    thoughts on Lukaku over kane ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 Paully D


    Benimar wrote: »
    I had similar ideas with my team but the likely lack of a Southampton DGW is messing things up. At the moment I don’t think it’s possible to have Sterling, Aguero, Hazard, Kane, Pogba AND Rashford. 5 of the 6 is the max.

    At the moment, I’m leaning towards leaving Hazard out, but struggling to find many other good midfield options. I might even look at 4-3-3.

    Yeah, the more I look at it the more I think 5 of the 6 big hitters is going to be the maximum we can realistically get out without sacrificing too much elsewhere.

    As things stand, I’d be more inclined to lose Kane than the others.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭ Green&Red


    km79 wrote: »
    Southampton rumoured not to have a DGW in 32 now
    That’s fecks up my 352 plans in a big way

    Do we have a date for when these games are going to be scheduled? The matches themselves are only two weeks away. Drip feeding games like the Spurs one is so messy


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭ Colking


    I'm leaning towards this at the moment :

    2WKtTN9.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ ThunbergsAreGo


    Colking wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards this at the moment :

    2WKtTN9.jpg

    There is no Southampton double


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭ Benimar


    Paully D wrote: »
    Yeah, the more I look at it the more I think 5 of the 6 big hitters is going to be the maximum we can realistically get out without sacrificing too much elsewhere.

    As things stand, I’d be more inclined to lose Kane than the others.

    A downgrade of Kane to Son would give me:
    Ederson
    David Luiz, Lindelof, AWB
    Sterling, Hazard, Pogba, Son, Milivojevic (or Stephens)
    Aguero, Rashford, Crouch (or Jimenez)

    Changing Hazard to Kane would give me:
    Kepa
    David Luiz, Laporte, Lindelof, AWB
    Sterling, Pogba, Milivojevic
    Aguero, Kane, Rashford.

    Arguments for both I suppose...


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭ dsmythy


    Colking wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards this at the moment :

    2WKtTN9.jpg

    Thinking that heavy up front myself though I've a feeling I've less value.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭ The real mccoy 91


    Schlupp has just made his way onto my watchlist nailed on recently has been playing oop as a left mid only 4.5


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭ Green&Red


    km79 wrote: »
    Southampton rumoured not to have a DGW in 32 now
    That’s fecks up my 352 plans in a big way

    Do we have a date for when these games are going to be scheduled? The matches themselves are only two weeks away. Drip feeding games like the Spurs one is so messy


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭ The real mccoy 91


    Green&Red wrote: »
    Do we have a date for when these games are going to be scheduled? The matches themselves are only two weeks away. Drip feeding games like the Spurs one is so messy

    Crellin reckons they have to be confirmed by tomorrow at the latest he also reckons he has been told from a 'legit source' that his spreadsheet is pretty bang on


  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ CSWS101


    FH Numero uno:

    Guaita
    Lindelof Schlupp Jonny
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Bilva
    Aguero Kane Rashford

    Really difficult to fit everyone in imo, will need a lot of tinkering before the deadline


  • Registered Users Posts: 34,530 ✭✭✭✭ SlickRic


    On this currently:

    Lloris
    Laporte Azpilicueta Schlupp
    Sterling Pogba Jota Townsend
    Aguero Rashford Kane

    Hamer Valery Peltier Romeu

    i don't like the midfield much, but that frontline is making me weep. i don't think i can go without Kane and Aguero.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭ Chesty08


    2nd draft:

    Kepa

    Luiz Azpi Schlupp

    Sterling Gundog Martial Miliojevic

    Aguero Lukaku Kane


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 Paully D


    No Kane and 3-5-2, but this is the draft I’m happiest with at the moment:

    Kepa
    Laporte Luiz Shaw/Lindelof
    Sterling Pogba Hazard Alli/Son Milivojevic
    Aguero Rashford

    I think when push comes to shove I’ll probably dismantle my defence and midfield to get Kane in, however.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭ The real mccoy 91


    Double Chelsea and double city defence is a mental idea isn't it?

    Have waaay to much time to go over every idea that could possibly exist with this international break


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭ Nerdlingr


    First draft :

    Guaita
    Wan-Bissaka... Lindelof... Jonny
    Son...Pogba...Sterling...Mane
    Aguero...Kane...Rashford

    Speroni...Valery...Peltier...Romeu


    Top heavy and double palace in defence... hmmmm
    Are City gonna have a double in week 32?


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭ Green&Red


    Is there anything to be said for double or even triple palace defence? Go all out on them keeping a CS against Huddersfield


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ ThunbergsAreGo


    Nerdlingr wrote: »
    First draft :

    Guaita
    Wan-Bissaka... Lindelof... Jonny
    Son...Pogba...Sterling...Mane
    Aguero...Kane...Rashford

    Speroni...Valery...Peltier...Romeu


    Top heavy and double palace in defence... hmmmm
    Are City gonna have a double in week 32?

    Yeah Pep mentioned it in a Press Conference


Advertisement