Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexico Vs Ulster ultimate epic super build up thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

From the way Cullen was talking it sounded like Sexton could almost have played but it's impossible to see him sitting out a game like this if he was fit. I've no issue with Byrne playing because Sexton has been all over the place at times but we've no cover.

Shame for things to go this way for Jack McGrath after his contribution to Leinster over the years. Massively disappointed to see him leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stl.ire

“And all across south Dublin, from the corridors of private schools to the lunch rooms of investment banks an old, long forgotton feeling reemerged ... fear that Ulster could actually do them”

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

stl.ire wrote: »
    “And all across south Dublin, from the corridors of private schools to the lunch rooms of investment banks an old, long forgotton feeling reemerged ... fear that Ulster could actually do them”

Have you been writing this fan fiction for long? :pac:

Buer wrote: »
    I would expect us to target Lowry in the air but certainly not their wingers. Neither are amazing fielders but both are solid as well as being 6'3" and 6'4" respectively.

But we'll need to be tight on our kicking. I wouldn't want to give any one of their back three turnover ball in space. I imagine the approach will be to pull Baloucoune out of position a little and look to put a ball in behind him to field and looking to isolate Lowry in the air.

The counterattacking threat of Ulsters back 3 is greater than Leinster’s. Its one of the few areas Ulster could have an advantage so I can’t see Leinster launching a lot of up and unders.

I’d imagine Leinster will go after Ulster’s defensive line with big ball carriers to stretch the line and pull the wingers in. Then short kicks could be deadly - especially with just how inexperienced Ulsters back 3 are.

I've no issue with Byrne playing because Sexton has been all over the place at times but we've no cover.

Did something happen to Carbery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Came down with a fatal case of bog rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Never heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The counterattacking threat of Ulsters back 3 is greater than Leinster’s. Its one of the few areas Ulster could have an advantage so I can’t see Leinster launching a lot of up and unders.

I’d imagine Leinster will go after Ulster’s defensive line with big ball carriers to stretch the line and pull the wingers in. Then short kicks could be deadly - especially with just how inexperienced Ulsters back 3 are.

I wouldn't see them going with up and unders too much either (although Byrne is excellent at chasing and fielding box kicks). I was more thinking of the attacking cross kick which Byrne is so adept at. He has nailed it multiple times to both Byrne and DK this season. We'll only go for that when we have Ulster stretched and the opportunity is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jimmy 3 times

Clegg wrote: »

12 County army my bollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Clegg wrote: »

Proof that Leinster is D4centeic Irelands largest bog- Bog Of Allen is in Leinster- Kildare and Offaly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I am enthusiastic about the sheer battering that leinster backrow can dish out, looking forward to seeing one last big season from Seanie before he departs, himself and Ruddock have been playing together for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Proof that Leinster is D4centeic Irelands largest bog- Bog Of Allen is in Leinster- Kildare and Offaly

Typical, the culchies can't even best us at being culchies.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Reid is covering 10 as much as anywhere else so his selection has no real bearing on Tomane

Of course you are correct, complete brain fart by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Shame for things to go this way for Jack McGrath after his contribution to Leinster over the years. Massively disappointed to see him leaving.

Bit out of the loop the last week or two. Is it official yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Bit out of the loop the last week or two. Is it official yet?

No but the rumours have reached fever pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Cheers. We can still hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Regardless of who wins it will be a win for the queen. BVSWB!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭swiwi_

If you should see a ruggedly handsome rogue sporting a Monthey Rugby shirt and a Leinster beanie (basically supreme understated class), give him a warm Leinster/Ulster/Lunster/random Connacht supporter welcome and say “Welcome home to Ireland Swiwi”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

So... Money where mouth is - Leinster win, and a bit more comfortably than some on here think.

Ulster are on an exciting, upward trajectory, and we haven't looked as coherent as this in about three years. But it's too early in our renaissance (fingers crossed) and today might just put our play back into some real perspective.

It's a shock to find myself saying this but, hand on heart, I'd be more confident if Sexton had started today. Leinster can lose players and replace them with players of the calibre of Fardy and Ross Byrne. We can't. I'm a massive Cave fan, but the lovable rogue's done. Addison, Marshall (had this game not been his first back), Ludik, Hume would all be prererable, maybe even an out of position Curtis. I also doubt Henderson is fully fit.

However, I'm really looking forward to it. According to Addison, McFarland has added another motto to the Ulster crest, to nestle in beside "fight for every inch". "Don't die wondering." With that mentality, I expect a couple of howlers from our young backline, but as long as we see some good rugby as well, I'm down with that. And I think we will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Looking forward to this game now. Should be a cracker. Normally up in the nosebleeds in the Aviva but have a decent seat for this one so should be a good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I think ultimately Leinster will have too much for Ulster. Don’t think there will be much more than a score in it though. I expect Ulster to really put it up to us, but think our forwards will eventually come out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭swiwi_

swiwi_ wrote: »
    If you should see a ruggedly handsome rogue sporting a Monthey Rugby shirt and a Leinster beanie (basically supreme understated class), give him a warm Leinster/Ulster/Lunster/random Connacht supporter welcome and say “Welcome home to Ireland Swiwi”.

F*ck that. Typical Irish weather. Thanks to the Molloy clan for suppling a warm Leinster jacket.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

swiwi_ wrote: »
    F*ck that. Typical Irish weather. Thanks to the Molloy clan for suppling a warm Leinster jacket.

Wus ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

ULSTER :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Stockdale will be licking his lips with Adam Byrne in front of him you'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Garry wow.

Hospital pass from Byrne, but he had more than enough time to clear it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

McGraths passing is so quick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Shocking from Ringrose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Good response!

Physicality that was missing from Ireland at ruck time.

Advertisement